ICT. V. Accies - Match Thread

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: ICT. V. Accies - Match Thread

Postby Gaspode » Sat May 06, 2017 7:14 pm

Scotty Tunbridge wrote:Surely not even red and white can defend this garbage. ICT 1 win in 23 games. Canning out

Canning out? The players were abysmal in the first half, is that his fault? I don't think anyone would have questioned our line up but the players must carry the can for an utterly atrocious performance.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby Bomber Harris » Sat May 06, 2017 7:56 pm

Gaspode wrote:
Scotty Tunbridge wrote:Surely not even red and white can defend this garbage. ICT 1 win in 23 games. Canning out

Canning out? The players were abysmal in the first half, is that his fault? I don't think anyone would have questioned our line up but the players must carry the can for an utterly atrocious performance.

Derek Ferguson was spot on today on the radio. Canning set his team wrong and playing 2 up was asking for trouble. so aye today was canning fault aswell as the players
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Sat May 06, 2017 8:18 pm

Gaspode wrote:

Bingham has been abysmal for weeks now notice we improved vastly after he went off but yet canning started him again today. Defending set pieces/crosses has been an issue all season who's job is it to rectify this? Canning and the coaching staff.

As said ICT 1 win in 23 before today the performance was shocking and canning is part of the problem.
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby Euan » Sat May 06, 2017 8:43 pm

Terrible first half, we could have been 4-0 down at half time. Better 2nd half, we should have had a penalty and showed more urgency.
I didn't understand Docherty being substituted as he was probably our best player.
Left with a minute to go and missed the goal but at least I got given complimentary tickets on my way in, so didn't pay to watch the game.
We really need to improve or we're in the playoffs.
Euan
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Sat May 06, 2017 10:57 pm

Gaspode wrote:

Of course Red And White could ;)

Utterly abysmal, Bingham is a wasted jersey on the wing, it is NOT his strength at all. Why the fuck was Devlin telling Sarris to constantly press high?! He runs like he's shat his pants, he needs a few yards head start on most players! Played like a team with not a care in the world sadly.
I said it before about Matthews not coming to get crosses and again his lack of goal presence pretty much led to a free shot from 6 yards from a floated cross.
The amount of poor goals conceded from set pieces/crosses the past 2 seasons is beyond a joke. The 4-3-3 REALLY was a poor one, why can't we switch up when needed? We knew ICT were gonna be physical and press , yet we gifted them chance upon chance with poor tactical choice.

I'd personally be dropping Imrie/Bingham and letting Redmond take a wing if we are going to persist with this formation. I'd have Bingham come on as the impact sub once D'Acol has suffered 75 minutes of chasing hopeless passes.
AS you can probably tell I'm really fucked off with spending over 100 quid to come see this nonsense.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Sun May 07, 2017 3:45 pm

All we can say after that is at least we're not in the play-off place, and we're still in the contest. Disappointing though our situation is, I'd rather it than Motherwell's. They now travel to us and have to win, or they'll still be behind us with two to play. If they're still behind us going into the last game, I'd much rather be in our shoes, at home to Dundee, than theirs, away to ICT.

If we can beat Motherwell, it's hard to see a way back for them.

I said before the split we'd need six points, and I still think that's the case. Some said we'd need more, but it's hard to see Motherwell taking seven points from their last three games, so maybe less than six will do it - as long as it's three next Saturday. Then maybe a draw at Ross County could see us safe with a game to play. That's an optimistic scenario, but I still fancy us to avoid the play-off.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun May 07, 2017 7:25 pm

No keeper in the league could have realistically claimed that cross, completely the defenders responsibility.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Euan » Sun May 07, 2017 9:21 pm

Having watched again on sportscene both penalty decisions were wrong. Donati and ICT player both pulling each other and Crawford fouled as he won the ball.
We were still hopeless in the first half and Inverness probably deserved their win, but if the referee had been better we would most likely have got a point.
I sympathise and agree with Canning in his post match summation about refereeing decisions going against us all season.
Euan
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Sun May 07, 2017 9:37 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:No keeper in the league could have realistically claimed that cross, completely the defenders responsibility.

Having watched it back on TV you're correct. My point still stands about Matthews never giving much in the way of controlling his area. I don't understand our 'marking' policy, sometimes it's zonal sometimes its man marking. I've never understood how having a defender as a manager and a defensive midfielder as an assistant, we are such a weak team that constantly gives away goals in set pieces/corners.

Whilst we can certainly point at some of the terrible decisions referees have done to us this season, we can't let that take away from the fact we have squandered more leads than any other team, whilst scoring the least amount of any team in the league. I can't put this onto the shoulders of D'Acol etc as the distinct lack of quality chances for them is so thin.

Why did Donati put his arm round his opponents neck? That would be a penalty any time of day. It became a sort of grapple but Donati certainly stopped the player making any movement whilst not even facing the ball. Felt like Deja Vu vs Killie, damage done in the first half and zero inspiration on or off the field to claw it back.

I always want us to stay up, but I feel Motherwell have a better attacking side than we do. Ross County just a few days later and Dundee surely wanting some revenge on our last day, we really need to hope Motherwell bottle this and ICT don't perform a miracle.
judgeflash
Premiership

Previous

Return to The Accies