Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies .V. Killie - MATCH THREAD

Postby Admin » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:37 pm

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Accies .V. Killie - MATCH THREAD

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:45 pm

A massive game with the chance to go 7th (maybe), to pull Killie into the battle and to get 3 points before the real squeaky bum time starts.

In terms of changes, probably Adams for Skondras at RB, Ali for Daz in the middle and for me Bingham could be replace if we had a decent option for left wing. We are in good form and more importantly played well at Dundee so cautiously optimistic.

Finally, I think Woods is the best keeper and should be No.1 for the run in.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:35 pm

Suspensions could really hamper us. Skondras has been really coming onto a game lately, so he'll be a big miss. Adams looked woeful when he came on against County. MacKinnon, far and away our player of the season, and Doc's work-rate is vital to our style of play, and Crawford doesn't suit it as much as Daz. Can see us really struggling, but a win puts us in an incredible position to survive.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:55 pm

Judging by the performance via Dundee, dropping Crawford will really help us. He's no longer got the desire to run at defenders, i'd rather Docherty have his place.
Bingham hasn't been great in the wing, but we don't have anyone else really capable to play right wing. Dougie's so one dimensional with his left peg he REALLY struggles anywhere except left wing.
I genuinely think we can beat Killie comfortably, as long as the players show the same passion they did VS Dundee.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:59 pm

Adams and Crawford in for Skondras and MacKinnon. No surprises.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:15 pm

Not much to be said today, we played poorly, defended terribly at 2 points and never looked like getting back in it.

McMann perhaps the only one who can take any credit.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:19 pm

That was horrendous. No positives. Onto next week.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:17 pm

Shite
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:23 pm

Midfield mostly anonymous without Daz, so very little passes fed through to the two forwards. Looked a bit better once Danny came on, but game was over by that late stage. Can only assume Adams was subbed to give a space for another attacker, as he had a solid game at the back. Brophy did nothing, and Longridge was crocked by a punishing thigh tackle, and left the field of play to leave us playing with 10 men for the last 5 minutes or so. Killy generally did not create much other than the two shots at goal where they scored, but they defended well and on this performance will be hard to beat. They deserve their Premiership place. Will they keep Jones, however? He has always looked a player that could be at a higher level.

A poor Accies performance overall, today. MUST do better at Inverness next week. Their seasons in the sun look to be over, but we have to be on our game to take the most likely three points out of the twelve remaining available.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby WAC » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:03 am

Back to reality .
WAC
Seaside Leagues

Postby Euan » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:14 am

porcupine wrote:Midfield mostly anonymous without Daz, so very little passes fed through to the two forwards. Looked a bit better once Danny came on, but game was over by that late stage. Can only assume Adams was subbed to give a space for another attacker, as he had a solid game at the back. Brophy did nothing, and Longridge was crocked by a punishing thigh tackle, and left the field of play to leave us playing with 10 men for the last 5 minutes or so. Killy generally did not create much other than the two shots at goal where they scored, but they defended well and on this performance will be hard to beat. They deserve their Premiership place.

A poor Accies performance overall, today.

A fair summation of the game. I agree regarding Redmond, he should start next week, but disagree regarding Brophy, who appeared to be trying, and we definitely looked more likely to score when he was on.
Kilmarnock were well organise and cynical. McCulloch has done a good job with them, a much better team than earlier in the season.
Two cheap goals, with lazy defending and a general lack of drive in the Accies team. I got the feeling the attitude was we've done it and it felt like a stale end of season game with nothing at stake, which isn't the case.
Next week is definitely a crunch game, but I expect us to be much better, with Skondras and Daz back in the team and the right attitude.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:17 pm

Not sure what you saw with brophy. What I did see was him pass the ball in their half to a Kilmarnock player and then put his hands on his head and done nothing. Never rushed in to close him down to try and make amends for his mistake. Nothing. Stood and done nothing. That for me is a guy in the huff not trying cause he's a sub.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Yummy Fur » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:25 pm

First goal was always going to be important in a meeting of the 2 lowest scorers in the Division and it was very nearly Accies but for a great save and the width of the post.

The first goal was a well worked training ground move but still should have been defended better and the second goal incredibly soft with Devlin missing the header and neither Adams or Sarris tucking in, more disappointing was the lack of ideas and drive in the 2nd half where we didn't force a save out the Killie keeper.

With the exception of McMann it would be hard to find any pass marks, D'Acol was bang average against Dundee 2 weeks ago and very poor yesterday, Bingham ineffectual and Imrie couldn't get any change out of the full back. Of course Ali Crawford will always be singled out for special abuse when he's poor (and he was yesterday) but he was no better or worse than anyone else yesterday. So while Crawford gets his usual social media going over someone like Donati who misplaced pass after pass yesterday, didn't make a tackle and when we needed some drive stood aside and left it to Michael Devlin (whose passing was very good yesterday) gets an easy time, however I suppose Massimo has earned it as he's played at a top level in Italy and has a nice tattoo while Crawford has merely played 250 games for Accies, scored the winner at Celtic park, scored at Ibrox, Tynecastle, twice at Fir Park this season.

Needs to better next week, MacKinnon and the ever improving Skondras will be welcome additions but a few more players need to show up too.
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby judgeflash » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:56 pm

That was just vintage Canning Reign Accies. No fight and very little inspiration on the pitch.
Whilst Massimo had VERY slack passing at times yesterday, he did have a few cracking first time whips out to the wing.
Why is Dougie one foot imrie playing on the right? He simply cannot dribble on his right, he goes for the same old cut back.
We are harsh on Ali "yummy fur" because we have seen his potential, yet it only appears for a quarter of the past two seasons. If this is merely attitude or flattering to deceive, I am not sure. Massimo is being played in multiple positions per month and despite some poor passing at times, he's a calming effect on the team and is ALWAYS keen to pick up the ball. How many other players are openly making space for passes?

Redmonds sub was needed but far too late, the damage was done and even he cannot single handed rescue a team inept of ideas. Also, why do we persevere with Brophy as the 'impact' sub? He's got neither pace nor strength to beat a defender. I think we have to have the lowest amount of crosses of any team in the league, whilst simgultaneously concede from this attack.
Let Docherty / Mackinnon / Redmond have the midfield, anytime Ali has played this year we have struggled massively.
judgeflash
Premiership

Return to The Accies