Motherwell v Inverness

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Motherwell v Inverness

Postby Big Wurzil » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:30 pm

Do we want a draw or a Motherwell win?

Nothing in the championship that bothers me so at worst take the play off(11th) spot and force Inverness to the automatic place and we take our chances should.... should....we finish 11th
Big Wurzil
Championship

Re: Motherwell v Inverness

Postby Euan » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:49 pm

Think we'll be ok, so an ict win would bring Motherwell and Dundee into the relegation battle which would be nice ;)
Having said that ict isolated at the bottom would take the pressure off, equally nice.
Draw a safe result.
We need to save ourselves by playing well and getting points: If we beat Dundee then any result win lose or draw in the Motherwell ICT game has good connotations for Accies.
Motherwell and Dundee to go down.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:22 pm

I don't see Inverness escaping but I admire your optimism
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Willie Wastle » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:23 am

From another thread:

As a general rule, it's best for our relegation rivals to draw with one another. The arithmetic is no better illustrated than by Motherwell playing ICT: up to three points can be won, but if it's a draw only two points are won - as both teams are below us, it's better that they draw. In certain circumstances, a win can be better: for example, if this weekend's were the last fixtures, an ICT win would be best, because unless we lost by >6 goals, that would leave us ahead of both of them. However, that sort of situation aside, it's better that we keep the maximum possible distance between ourselves and the automatic relegation spot - at least in a play-off we still have a chance - so it's playing with fire to wish for an ICT win. Second best would be a Motherwell win, but draws are usually best.

Of course, none of this matters if we can't win games ourselves. We definitely need at least two more wins to hope to survive. But if we don't win at Dundee (and I don't expect us to) then it's all the more important that Motherwell and ICT share the points
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby WAC » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:46 pm

Motherwell win and for an is sacked . If we win a draw would be idea we win our 2 home split games and pick a point or 2 from 4 away games it might be enough .
WAC
Seaside Leagues

Return to The Accies