Reserved seating

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Reserved seating

Postby manxaccie » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:25 pm

Hi, this is more of a question for the club, but I thought I would post it on here in any case. I'm a pay as you go fan who likes to get to as many games as possible, but can't really commit to a season ticket - I appreciate it would have probably worked out cheaper to buy one at the start of the season.

However, does anyone know why almost all seats (as far as I could see) are marked as reserved? I wouldn't have minded a seat near the middle of the stand, but equally, I didn't want to sit in someone's seat and either be turfed out, or force someone to sit in another seat - which I don't think is very fair.

It's not a big deal, but a bit annoying in any case.

Cheers
manxaccie
Pub League

Re: Reserved seating

Postby porcupine » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:26 pm

These stickers are very historic, and are mostly meaningless. They should be removed to make it clear which seats are actually 'reserved' for those of us who actually buy a season ticket, by then affixing a current years sticker. Many clubs Ive been to, have "Reserved Season 17/18" etc. on the seats.

Accies will no doubt say that they neither have the money to reprint a new one every year, nor have manpower to send a team of foot soldiers armed with a sharp blade to remove those which are no longer Reserved Seats. Health and Safety may also rear its head!

This is an exercise that fans with some free time one day, could do for free to sort out the issue you have raised. If there was sufficient response to this thread then I am happy to co-ordinate, if the club are agreeable. It will be a time consuming job, however, with about 3000 seats to be done.

I sorted out my own seat some years ago by preparing and applying a new seasons Reserved sticker on top of the previous one, every August after renewal. Quite clear for all to see.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby manxaccie » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:23 pm

Cheers Porupine.

It would make sense to mark them each year for the avoidance of doubt.

I'll try not to sit in your seat in the future!

Many thanks
manxaccie
Pub League

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:55 am

Sounds Good, i would also be happy to help.

Perhaps the SLO could put this forward?
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:10 pm

PrideOfLanarkshire wrote:Sounds Good, i would also be happy to help.

Perhaps the SLO could put this forward?

Can certainly put this to the club will revert once I have a reply.
Email: sean@acciesfc.co.uk
Twitter: @AcciesFCSLO
Phone: 01698 368650
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Postby porcupine » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:37 pm

Thanks, SLO. With POL's offer of help it would interesting to see how many obsolete stickers could be removed in two hours to then see how long it would take for the entire stand.
Await the club's (timeous) response via yourself.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:39 am

Thought about a much easier way to do this, FCSLO. Rather than try to take the obsolete Reserved sticker off the seat back, it would be much easier to affix a plain White (or Red) sticker over those seat backs not currently sold as season tickets. A great deal faster in every way. Job done in one day with a couple of people.

AS Cullen Packaging are main backers of the Club, it would not seem unreasonable for them to source/produce, (or have produced for them) sheets of plain coloured self adhesive stickers the same size as the existing "Reserved" stickers. Volunteers would only need existing seating plan of those seats occupied by Season Ticket holder to know to cover up any other seat which is not on that plan with a new blank sticker.

We could then start the new Season with only those seats with existing Reserved stickers either left alone, or needing a blank sticker attached, and, for any new Reserved Season Tickets sold, a Reserved sticker then attached.

Can you pass this suggestion on for approval/action and hopefully implementation, please?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby SixAccie » Mon May 01, 2017 3:43 pm

Or like the rest of the professional clubs once all are removed then don't bother with stickers on seats but ensure match tickets haven't got the same number. If games ever sell out than that ST Holder can sell his seat if they are unable to make it.
SixAccie
Pub League

Postby porcupine » Mon May 01, 2017 7:46 pm

Stranger and stranger. :shock:

Found on Saturday that many of the seat backs on my row, and others behind and in front, have been replaced (but not mine :roll:) by bright new red ones. ALL these new ones have a new style 'Reserved' sticker on them, even though five or six on my row beside me have not been occupied by anyone for this entire season.

Bigger issues for survival at the moment, but once the season is over, it would be interesting to hear from the club on this.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Wed May 03, 2017 10:01 pm

porcupine wrote:Thought about a much easier way to do this, FCSLO. Rather than try to take the obsolete Reserved sticker off the seat back, it would be much easier to affix a plain White (or Red) sticker over those seat backs not currently sold as season tickets. A great deal faster in every way. Job done in one day with a couple of people.

AS Cullen Packaging are main backers of the Club, it would not seem unreasonable for them to source/produce, (or have produced for them) sheets of plain coloured self adhesive stickers the same size as the existing "Reserved" stickers. Volunteers would only need existing seating plan of those seats occupied by Season Ticket holder to know to cover up any other seat which is not on that plan with a new blank sticker.

We could then start the new Season with only those seats with existing Reserved stickers either left alone, or needing a blank sticker attached, and, for any new Reserved Season Tickets sold, a Reserved sticker then attached.

Can you pass this suggestion on for approval/action and hopefully implementation, please?

Club welcomes this idea and would like volunteers for this to implemented once this season has been completed, List of tasks to be confirmed fully in due course.

Could you please email myself sean@acciesfc.co.uk if you would be interested in assisting the club over the summer with tasks within the stadium facilities for the start of the 2017/18 season.
Email: sean@acciesfc.co.uk
Twitter: @AcciesFCSLO
Phone: 01698 368650
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Postby porcupine » Wed May 03, 2017 11:12 pm

Great. Have emailed as requested. Hopefully POL (and more) will also respond. ManxAccie may be too far away for this? :D
porcupine
Premiership

Postby SixAccie » Mon May 08, 2017 1:13 pm

Once all are removed then an modern online ticket system can be introduced, which will show up available seats. If games are pay on gate then a stub can be issued with a seat number, if the grounds empty you can move around at will.
And when will Dundee Tickets be on sale?

This thread reminds me off:

https://www.bitterwallet.com/news/oh-tesco-55380
SixAccie
Pub League

Postby TheThirdProclaimer » Mon May 08, 2017 2:03 pm

SixAccie wrote:Once all are removed then an modern online ticket system can be introduced, which will show up available seats

:shock: :lol:

What will happen to the big fold-out highlighted paper chart?

Maybe once the online ticket system and seat selector is up and running we can nip into the club shop and find an array of club merchandise in all sizes to choose from, go home and think about it then order online, paying by debit card with a speedy next day delivery.

Or we could keep going with the piece of slate with Grant Gillespie's face on it, and a shit black hat.
TheThirdProclaimer
Seaside Leagues

Postby SixAccie » Mon May 08, 2017 2:06 pm

Or just sit at home and do the lot. And the Club to add stuff like £25 min spend and get Free Delivery. :geek: :ugeek: :mrgreen: :| :arrow: :idea: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :roll: :!: :?: :lol: 8-) :shock: :o ;) :) :D
SixAccie
Pub League

Return to The Accies