Ali Crawford, Greg Docherty & Scott mcmann

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Ali Crawford, Greg Docherty & Scott mcmann

Postby Bomber Harris » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:53 pm

Imo Ali Crawford doesn't look intrested anymore since he never got his move to Rangers in January. Sooner he's gone the better. If the club want to get back to the ethos of making millions from the academy graduates it's now time to promote the talent of Greg Docherty & Scott McMann and get them tied down on long term contracts.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Re: Ali Crawford, Greg Docherty & Scott mcmann

Postby accies1874 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:12 am

Crawford is one of the most talented players in the club. He just never shows it. Due to his recent form, he deserves a spot on the bench. I really hate saying it, but Crawford's been an absolute passenger lately.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:46 am

Greg and Ali are out of form but we all know they have it whilst likely replacements don't. The current lopsided midfield were Bingham is sometimes a striker and sometime a left midfielder doesn't help. The development of Scott has been great and makes you wonder where months of ' no full backs' are now, we never had a right back but hopefully the risk of playing an inexperienced full back will pay dividends.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Bonjella » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:35 pm

Do not agree re Docherty, thought he was excellent yesterday. Ali for me has lost interest and can not be trusted in a battle.
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?
Bonjella
Pub League

Postby judgeflash » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:45 am

redandwhite1874 wrote:Greg and Ali are out of form but we all know they have it whilst likely replacements don't. The current lopsided midfield were Bingham is sometimes a striker and sometime a left midfielder doesn't help. The development of Scott has been great and makes you wonder where months of ' no full backs' are now, we never had a right back but hopefully the risk of playing an inexperienced full back will pay dividends.

What game were you watching? :lol: Greg did great, charged at the defenders and kept fighting. Ali has had dips in form since he's been with the club, however he's always been able to produce a moment of magic. We really could be doing with some of that.

ALSO..stop the press, ALI CRAWFORD WON A HEADER, HE ACTUALLY CHALLENGED FOR A HEADER AND WON IT.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:32 am

Greg had a couple of eye catching runs and that might be seen as enough but for me he lacked the basics, gave away possession too often and didn't kill their possession as well as he can.

Still he is a player we need to play and he can defo be huge for us in the next 6 games.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:23 am

redandwhite1874 wrote:Greg had a couple of eye catching runs and that might be seen as enough but for me he lacked the basics, gave away possession too often and didn't kill their possession as well as he can.

Still he is a player we need to play and he can defo be huge for us in the next 6 games.

He offered more in the centre and on the wings than Ali has for sure in recent months. Remember Greg is coming back from injury too. I didn't see him giving away the ball noticably tbh?

Let's all praise SITH LORD SARRIS. master of the beard and overhead kick.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:59 am

The way we're playing, the two central midfielders ahead of the holding one are required to help their full-back out. Other than Docherty and maybe MacKinnon, we don't have any central midfielders that can play that role, so Docherty has to start, in my opinion. The problem is that MacKinnon should be playing in the holding role, and Crawford dropping out leaves us with no creativity.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:36 pm

I think if our central midfielders are routinely covering the full backs that is the issue. Drop Bingham go to a straight 451 and find someone to play left midfield - maybe Gregg or Templeton :roll: other Longridge if we can get him fit.

As I said, to a certain extent we forget about form and just play the people we know have 'it'. If we went with form Imrie would not have played as well as he has been recently as he would have been dropped.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Return to The Accies