Supporters bus

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Supporters bus

Postby WAC » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:34 am

Hearing the supporters bus isn't running to ibrox today due to lack of interest , when was the last time hafswo failed to run a bus to a 3pm Saturday kick off . I would like the SLO/supporters association to highlight this to the club . Cannings circus show is scaring fans away .
WAC
Seaside Leagues

Re: Supporters bus

Postby Bomber Harris » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:37 am

5 buses 2 weeks ago to the same fixture and none at all going to this one. Only one reason for this is Martin Canning still being in charge
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:20 pm

Given that only 21,000 of them turned up for the cup game. Another 20,000 could've gave us a bigger payday so I'm not giving them £24

canning being the boss isn't why I'm not going.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Yummy Fur » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:22 pm

Fantastic, another thread reveling in poor attendances. At the recent forum a good point was made about the Club talking itself down (punching above it's weight etc.) and the negative effect of this, are we expected to believe that a fan base who constantly talk the club down at every turn and have social media platform dedicated solely to being negative about all things Accies will not have a similar negative effect including on attendances?

Although it's been described as the "Canning effect" lets be completely honest it is the losing effect. It affects other clubs too where attendances fall when results and performances are poor although for some reason it seems to affect Accies more as most teams will get an upturn when the season draws to it's finale and there is still something (like avoiding relegation) to play for. Smaller teams like Hibs, Hearts, Dundee Utd and Rangers have also seen season ticket sales go up when they have been relegated but I understand that if Accies go down then attendances will drop off to 500 if they are lucky. I'm glad there is little sense of entitlement or it could be far worse.

So sacking Canning could improve things but it may not. What is sure is that any new manager would still have the poorest budget in the league to work with, would still have had to play almost 3 months of the season without 10 players, would still have still went to Ibrox and Tynecastle without the spine of his team trying to nurse 3 or 4 half fit players back to match fitness and would have still gone all season playing makeshift defences due to injury. If people want to kid themselves on that another manager would have been top 6 or safe from relegation already then fire on.

Loving the hilarious Canning circus thing too, struggling manager? Yes. Circus? - complete nonsense.
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:14 pm

If fans of the past applied the current fad for boycotts and sackings I don't think there would ever have been Accies for me to support. Decades of mediocrity would have seen the club off well before my time.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Gaspode » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:14 pm

Two good sensible posts there. However I believe it's time for Martin to go.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:19 pm

The thing is we all know he is not going. Also if his main task is to keep us the top flight then any of us in his position would say we are only 3 points off that and its hardly a chasm.

The other side of the coin is well versed on here so no need to rehearse it again.

2 weeks and then 3 massive games - time for everyone who calls themselves a fan to support the team on the park - although I know for the second year in a row that wont happen.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby WAC » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:24 am

redandwhite1874 wrote:The thing is we all know he is not going. Also if his main task is to keep us the top flight then any of us in his position would say we are only 3 points off that and its hardly a chasm.

The other side of the coin is well versed on here so no need to rehearse it again.

2 weeks and then 3 massive games - time for everyone who calls themselves a fan to support the team on the park - although I know for the second year in a row that wont happen.

1) fans don't support canning

2) canning doesn't believe in in 3 strikers to score a goal so puts all 3 on the bench

3) players don't believe in themseleves because this manager has got a defeatist attitude .

4) £24 to watch hamilton play without a striker with 3 on the bench lol
WAC
Seaside Leagues

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:20 am

When HAFSWO don't run a bus to one of our closest away games due to lack of interest,then that is a very worrying sign.

Take away the 30 comps for the families of players/officials and there were between 30-40 odd Accies fans at the game.The worst I can remember since a Cup Tie at Forfar midweek in the early 80's when there was no transport/Supporters Club buses.Coincidentally this was in a period when home attendances dipped to 500-that is where we are heading as the fans have voted with their feet in disgust at what is perceived as a deliberate ruination of the first team due to obstinance in the boardroom at failing to admit their experiment has been a disaster.

Taking the last five games into account we have scored one goal and had less than a handful of shots at goal;unacceptable even at pub team level.

The players are showing no fight,they look demoralised and with no leadership coming from the dugout/boardroom,how in hell will this side Win against clubs who are at least putting the effort in and not going through the motions.

Supposedly Canning achieves the impossible;the issues are still going to be there.The Accies support-many of who have been through the emotional ringer in the bad,bad old days-have lost confidence both in the owners and the Manager.Once that is lost,it is very hard to regain.Taking the correct decision will bring some round,but people are absolutely sickened at what has happened the last two and a bit years.

The fans went through all the crap in the hope of eventually having that one shot of success.We had it in our hands even after Sir Alex left if we had made a decent forward thinking Managerial appointment,but this disastrous appointment has broken the bond of trust between fans and the owners.No amount of PR will recover this unless hard decisions are made.

Finally,why should supporters accept this when it is all easily preventable?Those who are being lost are people who have been to the coal face and dragged themselves out the mine.They won't be going back there due to the deliberate neglect from the top.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:35 am

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:When HAFSWO don't run a bus to one of our closest away games due to lack of interest,then that is a very worrying sign.

Take away the 30 comps for the families of players/officials and there were between 30-40 odd Accies fans at the game.The worst I can remember since a Cup Tie at Forfar midweek in the early 80's when there was no transport/Supporters Club buses.Coincidentally this was in a period when home attendances dipped to 500-that is where we are heading as the fans have voted with their feet in disgust at what is perceived as a deliberate ruination of the first team due to obstinance in the boardroom at failing to admit their experiment has been a disaster.

Taking the last five games into account we have scored one goal and had less than a handful of shots at goal;unacceptable even at pub team level.

The players are showing no fight,they look demoralised and with no leadership coming from the dugout/boardroom,how in hell will this side Win against clubs who are at least putting the effort in and not going through the motions.

Supposedly Canning achieves the impossible;the issues are still going to be there.The Accies support-many of who have been through the emotional ringer in the bad,bad old days-have lost confidence both in the owners and the Manager.Once that is lost,it is very hard to regain.Taking the correct decision will bring some round,but people are absolutely sickened at what has happened the last two and a bit years.

The fans went through all the crap in the hope of eventually having that one shot of success.We had it in our hands even after Sir Alex left if we had made a decent forward thinking Managerial appointment,but this disastrous appointment has broken the bond of trust between fans and the owners.No amount of PR will recover this unless hard decisions are made.

Finally,why should supporters accept this when it is all easily preventable?Those who are being lost are people who have been to the coal face and dragged themselves out the mine.They won't be going back there due to the deliberate neglect from the top.

I remember that, the only fans that went were the three or four guys who always stood behind the goals, I know at least one of them still goes, initials DS. They were featured in the programme at the time. Memory playing tricks though YOH, our gates never dipped to 500 that season(officially anyway) but I think it was the next season that they were regularly in the 700s.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Return to The Accies