FAO SLO/supporters association

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

FAO SLO/supporters association

Postby WAC » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:20 pm

Can you please inform les gray on Monday morning the fans demand a fans forum right now and it must involve the man he supports as manager Martin canning . If les has any balls or indeed Martin they will meet with us because this is an absolute digrace . If not action will be taken , you may have passed of a protest 6 weeks ago with a fans forum les , but this is now totally unacceptable. This a team full of losers because your manager doesn't know what to do when his team goes a goal down.
WAC
Seaside Leagues

Re: FAO SLO/supporters association

Postby Bomber Harris » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:28 pm

It's as simple as this. Canning stays we go down, Change we may have a chance but for weeks now Martin Canning has been out his depth and is getting no help at all from his gaffer's. It's the equivalent to keeping a badly wounded animal alive just coz you've not got the balls to put it down.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:42 am

I'm wanting Canning out, but we will go down no matter who we get in. McKinnon/Gray/MacDonald's recruitment has partially left us here as well. Yes, players like Redmond were doing better under Neil; players like Skondras, Kurtaj and Seaborne are currently shite for any team. We need a clear out from top to bottom. The players nor the manager are good enough. FUCK OFF.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:53 am

The SLO should be informing the club of the fact the vast majority want rid of Canning-even the happy clappers now.

In addition,I don't know any business which thinks there is no problem losing a third of it's customer base in two years.

Finally,the way things are going we will have a Supporters Liason Officer with no supporters;the fans are angry that their voice over this Manager is continually ignored and will be all the way to the lower reaches of The Championship.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:33 pm

At least Canning has done the almost impossible. He has just about managed to unite the Accies supporters in wanting him out

Got to be realistic here no matter what happens between now and end of season, Canning is here to stay. Much as I hate saying this "deal with it"

Next week frightens the bejesus out of me. A full house at Ibrox, new manager (Rangers) players out to impress him, Accies players now lacking any belief, could we concede more than the 6 we did a few weeks ago at Ibrox
smc4761
Premiership

Postby BRAN » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:49 pm

Jesus, you've actually forced me to log on rather than just watch from a distance.

Could we do worse than the 6 we conceded a few weeks ago? Yes, we could concede 7 like we did in 2008. You know who played that day? McCarthy. MacArthur. Mensing. Neil. McLaughlin. Easton. Cerny.

And we survived. This is not the end of the world. God knows I feel for those who are suffering this up close and personal every week, it ain't pretty from 3500 miles away either, and at least I can have a pint to numb the pain. But this is just part of the natural cycle for Accies fans. We don't have money to burn. We play the long term game, and that (IMO) is the right thing to do.

Who knows, if we could only beat Motherwell ......
BRAN
Pub League

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:05 pm

BRAN wrote:Jesus, you've actually forced me to log on rather than just watch from a distance.

Could we do worse than the 6 we conceded a few weeks ago? Yes, we could concede 7 like we did in 2008. You know who played that day? McCarthy. MacArthur. Mensing. Neil. McLaughlin. Easton. Cerny.

And we survived. This is not the end of the world. God knows I feel for those who are suffering this up close and personal every week, it ain't pretty from 3500 miles away either, and at least I can have a pint to numb the pain. But this is just part of the natural cycle for Accies fans. We don't have money to burn. We play the long term game, and that (IMO) is the right thing to do.

And it was only 2-1 until Canning got sent off! Plus, that was a much, much better "original Rangers" team.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:24 pm

Me and my dads situation.

We have not been back since PT 5-0 game

A combined total of 85 years of watching Accies stopped, in the two years of canning and co we are now at the stage that we can't even be bothered complaining about the situation.

We will not be alone, well done accies you defo know how to turn fans away for good.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Yummy Fur » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:23 pm

WAC wrote:Can you please inform les gray on Monday morning the fans demand a fans forum right now and it must involve the man he supports as manager Martin canning . If les has any balls or indeed Martin they will meet with us because this is an absolute digrace . If not action will be taken , you may have passed of a protest 6 weeks ago with a fans forum les , but this is now totally unacceptable. This a team full of losers because your manager doesn't know what to do when his team goes a goal down.

It's like a toddler throwing a tantrum although to be fair you are not alone, a support where not going to watch your team is worn as a badge of honour, threats of boycotts are thrown around like confetti and some fans apparently gave up 85 years of going to games while their team was sitting 4th in the SPL :lol:

So let's start the tarring and feathering of a Manager who would obviously been sacked by any other team in the World, aside from Inverness of course who are a point behind us, went out of both cups at the first hurdle and have a substantially bigger support and player budget. And while we're in a witchhunt we should really include the Accies SLO who has clearly failed if he doesn't get Canning sacked (solidarity Brother) proving what has sadly always been true during my time of supporting Accies that if you raise your head above the parapet and try to do something positive for the club you'll be shot down and quickly whether it's running the Trust, editing the website or raising the profile of the club in the local paper.

While Martin Canning's reign has been underwhelming in parts and valid questions exist about the capitulation in recent games he ultimately achieved his main objective last season and kept us up (this fine feat bought him a 2 minute rest bite this season before calls for his head). This season despite coping with an injury list that any manager would struggle with let alone the smallest budget in the league and rarely being able to play the same central defensive partnership for 2 consecutive games he still has this "team of losers" fighting to stay in the league.

3 points behind Motherwell and Ross County with a superior goal difference and both teams to play in the coming weeks, unbeaten at home in 2017, a recent victory against easily the 2nd best team in Scotland (and on a hot streak) under our belt, outside Rangers and Celtic unbeaten at home since October (only 2 home defeats all season) - there is all to play for. Shame a section of our support has already given up.
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:38 pm

My situation.

I get a team and try to support it through thick and thin.

That is all.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:33 am

BRAN wrote:Jesus, you've actually forced me to log on rather than just watch from a distance.

Canning in charge in the premiership P95 W23. How can you compare a Billy Reid team to that?
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:42 am

Yummy Fur wrote:
WAC wrote:Can you please inform les gray on Monday morning the fans demand a fans forum right now and it must involve the man he supports as manager Martin canning . If les has any balls or indeed Martin they will meet with us because this is an absolute digrace . If not action will be taken , you may have passed of a protest 6 weeks ago with a fans forum les , but this is now totally unacceptable. This a team full of losers because your manager doesn't know what to do when his team goes a goal down.

It's like a toddler throwing a tantrum although to be fair you are not alone, a support where not going to watch your team is worn as a badge of honour, threats of boycotts are thrown around like confetti and some fans apparently gave up 85 years of going to games while their team was sitting 4th in the SPL :lol:

So let's start the tarring and feathering of a Manager who would obviously been sacked by any other team in the World, aside from Inverness of course who are a point behind us, went out of both cups at the first hurdle and have a substantially bigger support and player budget. And while we're in a witchhunt we should really include the Accies SLO who has clearly failed if he doesn't get Canning sacked (solidarity Brother) proving what has sadly always been true during my time of supporting Accies that if you raise your head above the parapet and try to do something positive for the club you'll be shot down and quickly whether it's running the Trust, editing the website or raising the profile of the club in the local paper.

While Martin Canning's reign has been underwhelming in parts and valid questions exist about the capitulation in recent games he ultimately achieved his main objective last season and kept us up (this fine feat bought him a 2 minute rest bite this season before calls for his head). This season despite coping with an injury list that any manager would struggle with let alone the smallest budget in the league and rarely being able to play the same central defensive partnership for 2 consecutive games he still has this "team of losers" fighting to stay in the league.

3 points behind Motherwell and Ross County with a superior goal difference and both teams to play in the coming weeks, unbeaten at home in 2017, a recent victory against easily the 2nd best team in Scotland (and on a hot streak) under our belt, outside Rangers and Celtic unbeaten at home since October (only 2 home defeats all season) - there is all to play for. Shame a section of our support has already given up.

You aswell P95 W23. Give yourself a shake ffs. We've just lost 10 goals against Murty & Cathro ffs. wake up and smell the coffee. Canning has lost the team and the fans, dress it up what ever way you want this is absolutely dire. I'm finished with slanging matches with fans now over Canning. If you think he's doing a good job then fine but every other football fan in the country is laughing at fans like you. CANNING MUST GO
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby WAC » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:26 am

Yummy Fur wrote:

Thanks for the reply les . If you think this clown can get his team fired up for games against well a d county that's fine . See you in a few weeks when we lose those 2 and yous try to defend him still
WAC
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:09 pm

WAC, you wanted us to lose on Saturday and didn't even buy a season ticket at £150.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:11 pm

why would you not give up supporting them when they were really crap and in the bottom tier?

Still in with a decent chance of staying up. I agree that I would like to see someone else in charge but I couldn't envisage not going!
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby really? » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:05 pm

I'm a ST holder and attend most of the home games, though I live nowhere near Hamilton, and I used to attend almost all the away game too - Inverness, Aberdeen etc.

Now though, I wouldn't waste my time travelling to Aberdeen or Parkhead - it's not that I don't love the Club but that it all seems so pointless. I don't mind losing (how could I, supporting Accies?) , it's simply the lack of fight and knowing that I won't see a 'game' i.e. a challenge put up.

Would comment also that the scheduling of home games this season has been dreadful - I know this is not the Club's fault but when was the last time we played on a Saturday at home? At one point over Xmas, due to holidays etc, I didn't go to NDP for about 2 months. With fixture scheduling like this and the team so devoid of spirit and leadership, I can see how some fans can end up just 'giving up'.

Anyway, the Club won't replace Canning but they should try and get him some help. I was at Tynecastle on Saturday - a 'home' game for me - and it was as bad as I can remember. Everything from team selection to tactics to fighting spirit were a mystery. It's worse than the final days of BR.
really?
Seaside Leagues

Postby Euan » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:21 pm

The way I see it we've got Ibrox on Saturday, and I wouldn't be surprised if we got a point if we have a fit team.
After that St Johnstone at home then the two big ones, Motherwell away and Ross County home. One win (preferably at Fir Park) and two draws would keep us in the mix going into the Dundee game and the split.
As long as we don't go on a losing run before the split, I'll not throw in the towel and keep supporting the Club in their efforts to survive. There's been mistakes this season but we've matched most, albeit with too many draws, so we're not far from being a good team.
Given the availability of players on Saturday there weren't a lot of options. I thought we looked lightweight (on paper) in midfield as was the case, but no Accies team has won there for 40 years.
Best team would be
Woods
Skondras Devlin Sarris Gillespie
Donati McKinnon Docherty
Crawford Imrie
D'Acol
If we can get them playing consistently I think we'll stay up.
Euan
Premiership

Postby WAC » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:00 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:WAC, you wanted us to lose on Saturday and didn't even buy a season ticket at £150.

and i want us to get absolutely pumped again on Saturday at ibrox . Least this time I don't need to view it . Canning out
WAC
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:31 pm

We are the loyal, the Accies loyal.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby AlMac » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:35 pm

really? wrote:I'm a ST holder and attend most of the home games, though I live nowhere near Hamilton, and I used to attend almost all the away game too - Inverness, Aberdeen etc.

Now though, I wouldn't waste my time travelling to Aberdeen or Parkhead - it's not that I don't love the Club but that it all seems so pointless. I don't mind losing (how could I, supporting Accies?) , it's simply the lack of fight and knowing that I won't see a 'game' i.e. a challenge put up.

Would comment also that the scheduling of home games this season has been dreadful - I know this is not the Club's fault but when was the last time we played on a Saturday at home? At one point over Xmas, due to holidays etc, I didn't go to NDP for about 2 months. With fixture scheduling like this and the team so devoid of spirit and leadership, I can see how some fans can end up just 'giving up'.

Anyway, the Club won't replace Canning but they should try and get him some help. I was at Tynecastle on Saturday - a 'home' game for me - and it was as bad as I can remember. Everything from team selection to tactics to fighting spirit were a mystery. It's worse than the final days of BR.

I'm in a similar situation and was also at Tynecastle to witness a very poor performance - especially the second half.
The harsh reality is that we have a weaker management team and players than when we were promoted. Nothing is going to change between now and the end of the season, therefore I can only hope that we will find some form in the run in.
AlMac
Seaside Leagues

Next

Return to The Accies