This cannot continue.

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: This cannot continue.

Postby Gaspode » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:07 am

monkeybones wrote:The logic is this charmer...
Canning is terrible. The club will only replace him with someone cheap and stick with 'promote from within' policy. Hence these guys, who both have what Canning has always missed - Passion and fight and at least know how to coach a winning team.

Well Donati has never coached at any level and Imrie coaches the U17s.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby Montrose Week » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:03 am

If I was an Accies player, I think I would be more likely to listen to Dougie or Donatti than Canning.

Dougie has passion and should be able to motivate those around him & Donatti can read the game and has experience and hopefully contacts.

Could it possibly be any worse than this current sleep walking exercise that is is driving real hard core fans away in their droves ?
Montrose Week
Pub League

Postby TheThirdProclaimer » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:00 pm

Montrose Week wrote:If I was an Accies player, I think I would be more likely to listen to Dougie or Donatti than Canning.

Why? Donati has been dire since he came, and is no more a motivator than I am. He makes so many mistakes and plays so many loose balls under pressure that I can't possibly see what a young player is supposed to learn from him. What characteristics does he display that mark him out as our next manager? because he played in the Champions League? That doesn't automatically make you a manager.

Imrie, it remains to be seen. He's also lost his shaprness completely, another underperformer who young players are supposed to look up to? The Imrie we had in his previous spell, no doubt about it, I'd have him in charge no bother. But not now. I'm sure he will be our next manager though, one success and one failure won't stop the board continuing with the 'model' of promoting from within.

Personally I would wait til next season and change it then, the likelyhood is we'll be in the Championship and maybe able to give a manager a bit more time than we can afford to do now. I actually can't wait for next season already, and think it would be better if we just went down. The bad feeling towards this manager has taken all the fun out of going to the football these days.
TheThirdProclaimer
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:20 pm

A couple of defeats in a row and it would soon be "Dim Dougie" and "Donut Donati".
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:25 pm

Gaspode wrote:
monkeybones wrote:The logic is this charmer...
Canning is terrible. The club will only replace him with someone cheap and stick with 'promote from within' policy. Hence these guys, who both have what Canning has always missed - Passion and fight and at least know how to coach a winning team.

Well Donati has never coached at any level and Imrie coaches the U17s.

Both Donati have imrie have coaching badges more that Canning has as he still has none and that's from a reliable source from the club. As for imrie coaching u17 your point is? Canning coached the 17s and is a terrible manager but the previous 17s manager b4 Canning was Alex Neil. Even Jesus Garcia Tena has more coaching badges than canning. I personally think Imrie with his knowledge of the club and Donati with his experience of playing at the highest level of European football is worth giving a go as right now under Canning the product is crap, he's made good players crap and motivational skills are none existent. CANNING MUST GO
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:43 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:
monkeybones wrote:Imrie and Donati for me.

This logic. :roll: Get rid of inexperienced, out of his depth manager for two guys who have never done more than coach some kids.

Well, Donati for one has experience of playing at top clubs under league winning managers. I'd rather have him as a coach than on the pitch currently. I actually believe Imrie has done more coaching than Canning also. Canning has shown no ability to adapt , the players also do not seem to respond to his coaching. Players who once thrived under Neil now look sub standard.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby tcbo1874 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:44 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:A couple of defeats in a row and it would soon be "Dim Dougie" and "Donut Donati".

Dim and Donut,
2 words that could never be used in the same sentence with Martin Canning.
tcbo1874
Pub League

Postby Bluesy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:30 pm

The time is now or I'm afraid we've had it.

Swap Canning and Imrie with the 17s and first team. Nobody gets sacked and Accies have a chance of staying up.

By the way Gogic looks a good find.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:36 pm

By the way I don't see the point in spouting venom at Canning.

He will be doing his best and he isn't taking us down on purpose. He has a family and needs to make a living like the rest of us - he just isn't up to the job.

If the board do read these forums - please consider a reorganisation (we have the players to stay up)
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Montrose Week » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:56 pm

Great post Bluesy, I hope they are reading.
Montrose Week
Pub League

Postby porcupine » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:03 pm

Bluesy wrote: Canning.

He will be doing his best and he isn't taking us down on purpose. He has a family and needs to make a living like the rest of us - he just isn't up to the job.

That, sadly for us, is what the BOD will be thinking too.

For a man with a positive "Can" in his surname, he has produced little evidence for any positivity in the last two years. He will in all probability never be employed in any managerial/ coaching capacity in football when he leaves Accies, so his future income is very doubtful based on his record. BOD are letting their hearts rule their head here, as has been evident for many, many months. MC just isn't up to the job, (and that is as kind as anyone can be here), in the harsh world of football management.

"Martin Canning Can't keep Accies up" is more likely to be the headlines in a few weeks.

We look doomed, doomed! :cry:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:15 pm

TheThirdProclaimer wrote:
Montrose Week wrote:If I was an Accies player, I think I would be more likely to listen to Dougie or Donatti than Canning.

Why? Donati has been dire since he came, and is no more a motivator than I am. He makes so many mistakes and plays so many loose balls under pressure that I can't possibly see what a young player is supposed to learn from him. What characteristics does he display that mark him out as our next manager? because he played in the Champions League? That doesn't automatically make you a manager.

Imrie, it remains to be seen. He's also lost his shaprness completely, another underperformer who young players are supposed to look up to? The Imrie we had in his previous spell, no doubt about it, I'd have him in charge no bother. But not now. I'm sure he will be our next manager though, one success and one failure won't stop the board continuing with the 'model' of promoting from within.

Personally I would wait til next season and change it then, the likelyhood is we'll be in the Championship and maybe able to give a manager a bit more time than we can afford to do now. I actually can't wait for next season already, and think it would be better if we just went down. The bad feeling towards this manager has taken all the fun out of going to the football these days.

Maybe you would rather go down,but most of us are aghast at the thought.From a side who were trying to get to Europe under Alex Neil to a situation where we are back playing the also rans of Scottish Football ffs.

One of the reasons our support is what it is is due to playing in the lower leagues for the majority of the time in the past 40-50 years.We need to stay in the top league to try to grow our support like other clubs have done.

The likes of St.Johnstone should be the template for Accies; a club not too dissimilar to ourselves who occasionally get to Semi-Finals,Finals and Europe while doing so prudently and as a mainstay of the top league.

The gross mismanagement of Accies over the years has led to plenty locals supporting our next door neighbours as they were a club in the top league and not floating around in The Championship/Seaside Leagues.Hamilton as a town and the area around it has had a much bigger population to tap into.The aforementioned gross mismanagement and lack of ambition over the years has hindered Accies growing as a club for the size of conurbation-it is not ALL the fault of the Old Firm.

Plenty of us have no desire to see us return to those "halcyon" days.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:19 pm

I think a few people would have been happier being a Falkirk fan rather than an Accies fan for the period of this decade so far.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby TheThirdProclaimer » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:19 am

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:Maybe you would rather go down,but most of us are aghast at the thought.From a side who were trying to get to Europe under Alex Neil to a situation where we are back playing the also rans of Scottish Football ffs.

Just to be quite clear, I don't 'want' us to be relegated, and for the team to fail as a result. Absolutely not. I've been a fan as long as anyone else and have seen the bad days just like all of you. It was murder, and should never be returned to. I'd rather we stayed up somehow, winning a playoff or whatever it might be, because that would make the team more successful than being relegated, which is all that matters.

I just feel that the team needs a refresh, much like we got when the BR side went down. Unlike some people, I don't think we'd disappear into the lower leagues and be a forgotten team. We've got a better way of playing and a better club model than any of the teams who have gone down previously from the top league (Livingston, Raith, Dunfermline etc), there's no reason why we wouldn't go down a league and rebuild for another push at the Premiership again. It would give another manager a chance to build a team again 'on the quiet' as it were, the pressure on Canning at the moment must make it very difficult for him to do his job, and it's affecting everyone else. I don't think promoting someone else (which is what will happen when Canning eventually goes) will do them any good either, competing in the Premiership is too much pressure for a brand new manager. Remember AN had his time in the First Division (and as assistant) before going at the Premiership.

All in all, I'd love us to stay up, and really want it to happen, but it seems that with everyone against the manager and team it might actually work out best if we did go down and rebuild. Maybe then the negative fans would drop some of their agendas and get back to supporting the team, where we all should be.
TheThirdProclaimer
Seaside Leagues

Postby porcupine » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:31 pm

And just to add, I don't wish to see us going down either, but we have failed to complete the task in most games this season by maximising points available. We have competed up to a level on many occasions, but strange set-ups, substitutions and tactics have resulted in where we are just now, and that is simply not good enough compared to the St J's, Thistle and Killy at this late stage.

With 9 games still to be played, it is going to take either a collapse from two others, or a major miracle, for us to finish10th and be assured of safety. We have already played 29 games to build up safety points and that hasn't happened. Remember, 6 of our 24 points came from two games against Aberdeen. 18 points from the other 27 games played, is a desperately poor return. The pressure of every remaining game being a "must-win three pointer" from now on looks to be near impossible to achieve, on the above facts.

Yes, we survived late last season, but only because of the 40 points already won when MC took over. Even with injuries throughout the season, I don't believe that is the root cause here of us being bottom of the division this time.

I would not wish to see yet another season like this one, Premiership or otherwise, with the present management team in place. Brechin's Hedge and Station Park's Bridies are, however, a real reality if this continues without change.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:17 am

Canning still blaming strikers in today's record online ffs.
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:40 pm

porcupine wrote:And just to add, I don't wish to see us going down either, but we have failed to complete the task in most games this season by maximising points available. We have competed up to a level on many occasions, but strange set-ups, substitutions and tactics have resulted in where we are just now, and that is simply not good enough compared to the St J's, Thistle and Killy at this late stage.

With 9 games still to be played, it is going to take either a collapse from two others, or a major miracle, for us to finish10th and be assured of safety. We have already played 29 games to build up safety points and that hasn't happened. Remember, 6 of our 24 points came from two games against Aberdeen. 18 points from the other 27 games played, is a desperately poor return. The pressure of every remaining game being a "must-win three pointer" from now on looks to be near impossible to achieve, on the above facts.

Yes, we survived late last season, but only because of the 40 points already won when MC took over. Even with injuries throughout the season, I don't believe that is the root cause here of us being bottom of the division this time.

I would not wish to see yet another season like this one, Premiership or otherwise, with the present management team in place. Brechin's Hedge and Station Park's Bridies are, however, a real reality if this continues without change.

Canning was in charge for the whole of last season. You must mean the previous season, when Canning's record was W3 D5 L10.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:04 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:Canning still blaming strikers in today's record online ffs.

He actually said the strikers weren't playing well or doing what he wanted; and that was within the perspective of explaining why Imrie was pushed up in the last game- do you actually think they were doing well?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:25 am

redandwhite1874 wrote:
Bomber Harris wrote:Canning still blaming strikers in today's record online ffs.

He actually said the strikers weren't playing well or doing what he wanted; and that was within the perspective of explaining why Imrie was pushed up in the last game- do you actually think they were doing well?

No mention tho of his shit defenders tho that conceded 14 goals in 3 games who aren't playing well or doing what he wanted. It's always the strikers getting singled out week after week when it's the whole team that should be getting slaughtered but hey that's Canning for you.
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:46 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:
redandwhite1874 wrote:

No mention tho of his shit defenders tho that conceded 14 goals in 3 games who aren't playing well or doing what he wanted. It's always the strikers getting singled out week after week when it's the whole team that should be getting slaughtered but hey that's Canning for you.

Sometimes you see what you want to see and what suits your agenda?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/foot ... s-10082620
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Previous

Return to The Accies