January in's & out's

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: January in's & out's

Postby accie » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:26 pm

If we lose Tena and Hendry we really need to look at bringing in an experienced defender. Aldin is highly thought of and is on the bench tonight but is he ready for the premiership?
accie
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:33 pm

Are the players playing for Canzo?
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Todd_is_God » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:09 pm

H9crx wrote:Are the players playing for Canzo?

Clearly not.

Horrendous result tonight.
Todd_is_God
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:31 pm

:twisted:
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:02 am

Ronnie repeated again tonight that the transfer money is earmarked for the astrodome roof for the five aside pitch. Surely some of the money can be used to buy a couple of experienced players who still have a few years in them I want too see a top 6 finish please.
Alfie Olek

Postby Gaspode » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:00 pm

accie wrote:If we lose Tena and Hendry we really need to look at bringing in an experienced defender. Aldin is highly thought of and is on the bench tonight but is he ready for the premiership?

I have seen Zubadi play for the U20s and he is a big, powerful no-nonsense centre half. Really hard to know how he would do in the1st team. Maybe a dip into an Arbroath forum would reveal a bit more about him.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby Whiskeytown » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:05 pm

The comments from Arbroath fans were always very favourable. I'm confused as to why Watson came on instead of Aldin last night for Devlin. Isn't Watson more known as a midfielder?
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:12 pm

Whiskeytown wrote:The comments from Arbroath fans were always very favourable. I'm confused as to why Watson came on instead of Aldin last night for Devlin. Isn't Watson more known as a midfielder?

I too wandered about that.....I did think Watson was a holding midfielder or possibly a right back....did he not play RB v M'well in cup??

Anyway, El Zubaidi would e made more sense as Watson got ripped a few times positionally....
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby accie » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:52 pm

I hope the board are trying to sign up the players who are out of contract in the summer. Wholesale changes are not where we want to be during the close season. I am surprised they let as many get to this stage.
accie
Seaside Leagues

Postby rubenthedog » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:03 pm

Mark Wilson is the obvious player to go for just now with a bit of experience. Lives locally and can still do a job at this level.

Need another centre forward and an all action midfielder.

We will lose 2 or 3 players before the end of the window, its all very well giving the young boys a chance, but they need experience playing beside them to mentor them.

We also need a captain that is capable of motivation the team o the park. Not sure who we have just now. Think Ziggy is the closest thing we have. As much as I like McGovern, the captain should not be the goalie
rubenthedog
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:42 am

rubenthedog wrote:Mark Wilson is the obvious player to go for just now with a bit of experience. Lives locally and can still do a job at this level.

Need another centre forward and an all action midfielder.

We will lose 2 or 3 players before the end of the window, its all very well giving the young boys a chance, but they need experience playing beside them to mentor them.

We also need a captain that is capable of motivation the team o the park. Not sure who we have just now. Think Ziggy is the closest thing we have. As much as I like McGovern, the captain should not be the goalie

Can't agree re Wilson, injury prone throughout his career and a questionable attitude - out drinking before a U20 game. Seen him at NDP earlier this season and whilst you cant expect him to have been thrilled at playing U20s he clearly was not interested and got subbed if I recall correctly. I agree that we need a player to replace Neil and a captain as a leader.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Begs.hafc » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:23 am

We have bid £25k for Rory Loy.knocked back by Falkirk.
Begs.hafc
Seaside Leagues

Postby Alfie Olek » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:40 pm

Loy signed a 2 year deal with Falkirk in July 2013 but last summer he was offered an extension. Cant see anything to suggest he signed it. He has certainly banged in the goals for Falkirk. Hopefully the club go back with an improved offer.
Alfie Olek

Postby H9crx » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:42 pm

The club refused to comment on this bid. May be true.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Begs.hafc » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:11 am

The Falkirk manager is quoted as saying the bid for Loy isn't anywhere near there valuation.
Begs.hafc
Seaside Leagues

Postby Begs.hafc » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:12 am

Oh meant to add he's out of contract at the end of the season
Begs.hafc
Seaside Leagues

Postby Alexander the Great » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:33 am

scott McDonald is without a club if he would take a drop in wages, Scotland did.
daft donnachie is thicker than the lenses on they daft specs he wears !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby Alfie Olek » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:34 am

Link to BBC story re Accies and transfer activity. the bid for Ziggy was £300,000 but rejected. the page has a link to a Daily Record story which quotes Ronnie as saying Accies made a bid for TWO players, one rejected one under consideration. No names but presumably the rejected bid is Loy so who is the other one?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30955886
Alfie Olek

Postby H9crx » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:12 am

Falkirk manager Peter Houston says Hamilton must make a "proper" offer if they want to sign striker Rory Loy, with the Bairns having rejected a £25,000 bid for the player. (Daily Record)
H9crx
Premiership

Postby DontsellAndreau » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:50 am

H9crx wrote:Falkirk manager Peter Houston says Hamilton must make a "proper" offer if they want to sign striker Rory Loy, with the Bairns having rejected a £25,000 bid for the player. (Daily Record)

Well F**k them, he's out of contract in the summer what more do they expect? we should sign him pre-contract then contact them and see how much to bring him in january, they still have hopes of keeping him but if we squash that we should get him for the buttons a player with 5 months left on a contract is worth at that level.
DontsellAndreau
Pub League

PreviousNext

Return to The Accies