January in's & out's

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

January in's & out's

Postby H9crx » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:14 pm

We must be one of the smallest teams in the Devision. If you look at all the goals we are loosing at set pieces etc and other goals we have lost like the second at dundee where we have lost them due to players winning high balls in midfeild!

Yes we like to play the ball on the deck and when we have the ball our hight is not a problem but our inability to play against teams that lump the ball is a big problem and is defo a problem at set pieces and corners.
Last edited by H9crx on Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
H9crx
Premiership

Re: Need Hight in January

Postby Accies999 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:22 am

I raised this concern before season started. We had a good run for a bit but are now struggling to buy a win. The rest of the league have got us sussed, stop us playing by using their height advantage and just bully us. Easy.
Accies999
Seaside Leagues

Postby Alfie Olek » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:01 pm

From the BBC gossip web site
Hamilton Academical player-manager Alex Neil has no fears about losing some of his players in January, insisting there are able replacements in the club's youth team. (Daily Express)
And Neil insists top goalscorer Tony Andreu will only be sold if the price is right for Accies. (Daily Mail)

I take it from that that we shouldn’t look for too much inward transfer activity. Andre will go if a decent bid comes in of that there is no doubt but any money in is more likely to be spent on covering the 5 a side pitch. El Zoubaidi was playing for the under 20’s this week so I assume his loan to Arbroath is up and we must be considering him for the first team. Brophy, armstrong and others looks though they are knocking on the door and we have the Irish boy from Limerick as well as Mcgovern at Dumbarton. Loy’s name has been mentioned so perhaps we might make one signing but I don’t see much more activity unless we really lose players i.e. Henry, crawford and andreu.
Alfie Olek

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:31 pm

I still think we should look to use out current league and financial 'strength' to pick up the best from the lower leagues, particularly young part time players that we can offer full time to. If we could get a couple in it would maybe let us give 6 months of first team football to some U20s in the first division via a loan?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:53 pm

Is MAC out of contract? I thought he signed a years deal with the club in the summer?

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/hami ... -contract/?

This states that his deal is up in Jan and he may move on?
H9crx
Premiership

Postby accie » Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:32 pm

It actually states his deal is up at the end of the season. Doubt if he is high on our list for another year anyway so any offer we are prepared to make will probably be knocked back.
accie
Seaside Leagues

January in's and out's

Postby H9crx » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:44 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... paign=1490

This is gaining momentum, we now have McDonald back is this a sign that he is way? Would take £500k for him but if we get any where neer £2m it would be fantastic.
H9crx
Premiership

Re: January in's & out's

Postby H9crx » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:25 am

From accies twitter

"@acciesfc: Transfer window opened at midnight - club have signed midfielder Lee Lynch, 23, from Limerick in Rep Ireland & now await internat clearance"
H9crx
Premiership

Postby yuggyboy » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:48 pm

Best of luck Jason. Your goals will always be remembered - especially the one at Easter Road (and the penalty) and your commitment in every game - especially the Dundee game! Hope you get a club that will appreciate you the way that we do. I am sure that our players learned a lot from you. So many happy memories from watching you play. There's only one Jason Scotland!

All the best.
yuggyboy
Pub League

Postby Red and white hoops » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:04 pm

All the best to big Jason. An accies legend. He was superb last season and he was fantastic at easter road. I really hoped he would stay on as a striker coach when his playing days were over. Already from watching the under20s brophy has been holding the ball up a lot better than he was last season so I don't think its a coincidence, big Jason has been working with him in training.

Always welcome back to ndp, hope he gets signed up quick.

Suppose thats why we've supposedly been trying to get Rory Loy in.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby H9crx » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:30 pm

Thank you Jason a true icon! Would love him back as a coach!

If we sell SH I think we will buy Rory Loy.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby DontsellAndreau » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:37 pm

If we get money for sh I'd happily take Rory loy, boys a good player, but needs to be prepared to fight it out with MAC and Brophy for our lone attacker role.
DontsellAndreau
Pub League

Postby H9crx » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:17 pm

He can also play left wing or could be good in the #22 slot as this is the only area we don't have a like for like player if #22 is injured or sold!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby accie » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:16 pm

If we are serious about top 6 or even a possible European place then another striker, preferably experienced is a must. A replacement for 22 if he leaves would also be needed.
accie
Seaside Leagues

Postby WILF » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:10 am

Reported on BBC gossip that this could be MACs last game for us as he is open to offers from down South as his contract expires in the summer. Losing Mac and Jason would be a blow so hopefully this is just the usual BBC crap.
WILF
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:04 pm

He was saying the same in the link above. He is looking for a 2 year extension from Accies and is touting him self about as he does.

Would hate to lose him this year tho don't think he is worth a two year deal.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Hotchie » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:10 pm

MAC is certainly more of a team player this time round, but his poor finishing in the last two games isn't convincing me that he is worth a two year extension.
Hotchie
Pub League

Postby H9crx » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:19 pm

The difference in class in #22 and MAC is that 22 needs one chance and takes it Mac needs about 9

Feed the mac but don't put it on a plate for him as he will miss. Still love him and don't want to lose him in jan.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:42 am

From the BBC so it will be made up

Celtic are tracking 19-year-old Hamilton Academical full-back Stephen Hendrie, who is also being watched by QPR, Swansea City and West Ham United.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby DontsellAndreau » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:55 am

H9crx wrote:Celtic are tracking 19-year-old Hamilton Academical full-back Stephen Hendrie, who is also being watched by QPR, Swansea City and West Ham United.

More than likely this will be James Mccarthy like this romour, will put in some crazily stupid offer and say thats what they believe to be worth, boy may not be a 2m player but is worth more than celtics bench :lol:
DontsellAndreau
Pub League

Next

Return to The Accies