January in's & out's

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: January in's & out's

Postby accies1874 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:57 am

Celtic won't spend the money being spoken about.
Let's just say Hendrie DOES go. Will we be wanting a new left - back or give MacDonald a chance? Personally, I'd be wanting to give MacDonald a chance.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:46 pm

The same gossip page links Celtic with a move for 27-year-old former Motherwell winger Chris Humphrey, who is out of contract with English League One outfit Preston North End in the summer. Hardly a big name spend. If they do come in with a bid for Hendrie it will be insulting. I assume thats why Mcdonald has been recalled with a view to a first team place. Not sure how he got on at Dumbarton. In and out the team I think but I assume Accies will have a pretty detailed assessment of his performance.
Alfie Olek

Postby H9crx » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:22 pm

All the press around SH this week I think he is defo away.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:03 am

According to someone on P&B (who I think got their info from the Daily Mail), West Ham have put in a £2m bid for Hendrie. Doubt it'll happen but he's been in a story pretty much every day for a while now its getting to the point you're just wanting him to go so we can stop speculating and get the money.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:27 pm

can we get the £2m for Hendry now? The window was looking good on Monday! Now It sucks ass.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:53 pm

Whilst current thoughts focus on the managerial position - we have lost 2 hugely experienced and influential players. The club is built on youth but perhaps a replacement of one experienced player is required - potentially as player coach. Scotland is off the wage bill and cash for Alec neil means there must be potential for someone to come in?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:55 pm

Scotland is off the wage bill and cash for Alec neil means there must be potential for someone to come in?

I think Les or Ronnie was quoted that the cost of bringing Scotland in was not something he would want to repeat but if we also get money for players it would make sense to spend some. I still like the idea oaf someone like rory loy. Cost a few bob but still has potential.
Alfie Olek

Postby H9crx » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:49 pm

H9crx
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:32 pm

And it begins

I think we all assumed Andreu would go before the managerial earthquake. The only good thing about this is if there are other clubs out there interested it might start a bidding war and we get a good fee. Can hardly expect the club to stand in the way of a decent bid after all they have said about providing an opportunity for players to showcase their talents. But as I said previously there is a danger we get asset stripped and replacements take time to find their feet and top six goes out the window. :(
Alfie Olek

Postby Beastie » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:24 pm

Beastie
Pub League

Postby Chase Outlaw » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:57 pm

Wonder if the love in will continue when this happens.I will be Gutted,Wonder how much we will get? Tony will be a star at that level and make a good few quid.
Chase Outlaw
Seaside Leagues

Postby Thethirdproclaimer » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:38 am

Hopefully the love-in stops from tonight onwards. It's time we got away from the AN chat and started concentrating on our own future, not that of English first division teams. It's quite possible/probable that we'll lose at least three players in this window, and we're now without any real Premiership experience in the dugout. I hope we've got a plan that extends beyond playing MacDonald at left back etc. Some real top-level experience is needed desperately, neither Imrie or MacKinnon are captains and Routledge doesn't have enough vocal influence that I've seen. The future's bright enough with some more good young players coming through, and hopefully Brophy gets an extended run now, but one or two 'shouters' in the team would be very welcome. We don't want to be down to a skeleton by the end of January.
Thethirdproclaimer

Postby NDP regular » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:02 pm

I agree we could possibly lose 2-3 players during this window but that has always been the way for us to move forward. we bring the next generation through, we sell them on, we bring the next generation through and that's how we are successful. we are in a great position to do this right now with the best u20 team in the country and plenty of breathing space with our over achievement in the spfl. hearts last season were forced to throw in their youngsters (due to administration) who started poorly but once they found their feet finished flying and look at them now and no way did they have the quality youths we currently have. unfortunately though we have lost our best manager ever and possibly just as importantly Frankie is leaving as well. we will need to be patient and give this transitional period time and support. long term success rather than being flash in the pan one season wonders is what we need so I would be prepared to take a little pain just now but still be competing in the spfl in the next 2,3 and so on years to come.
NDP regular
Pub League

Postby Thethirdproclaimer » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:12 pm

[quote="NDP regular"we bring the next generation through, we sell them on, we bring the next generation through and that's how we are successful.[/quote]

I agree, but don't forget each time we've done this we've also had 2 or 3 'leaders' guiding these youngsters through, which is what we lack now that Neil and Jason have gone. Canning is now the last of the SPL team which at one time could have named 5 or 6 captains, hopefully we get one or two in who can fill the roles previously taken by those players. Very important IMO.
Thethirdproclaimer

Postby NDP regular » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:49 pm

Thethirdproclaimer wrote:[quote="NDP regular"we bring the next generation through, we sell them on, we bring the next generation through and that's how we are successful.

I agree, but don't forget each time we've done this we've also had 2 or 3 'leaders' guiding these youngsters through, which is what we lack now that Neil and Jason have gone. Canning is now the last of the SPL team which at one time could have named 5 or 6 captains, hopefully we get one or two in who can fill the roles previously taken by those players. Very important IMO.[/quote]

of course your right in saying that and a nucleus of senior pros is necessary. im hoping the generation of gils, ziggy and micky who can not be regarded as youngsters by next season can step up to the mark and become leaders. think devlin has real potential to be highly influential at the club.
NDP regular
Pub League

Postby Alfie Olek » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:41 pm

Mark Wilson is leaving Dundee United after the remainder of his contract was terminated by mutual consent.
The 30-year-old full-back, who has one cap for Scotland, made more than 120 appearances for United over two spells.

From the BBC website. A suitable replacement for Canning if he isn’t going to play?
Alfie Olek

Postby Accies999 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:15 pm

Alfie Olek wrote:
Mark Wilson is leaving Dundee United after the remainder of his contract was terminated by mutual consent.
The 30-year-old full-back, who has one cap for Scotland, made more than 120 appearances for United over two spells.

From the BBC website. A suitable replacement for Canning if he isn’t going to play?

I thought about this one when I heard it. Defo need to bring in 2 or 3 experienced players who will do us a job and also help nurture the youngsters
Accies999
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:24 pm

Alfie Olek wrote:

Eh.........no. Injury prone has been. He was horrendous against us the U20s at NDP earlier this season and looked as if he was not interested. He backed that up by admitting that on the night of the scuffle in the west End (which he was not directly involved in) he was out drinking (5 beers honest) on the night before he was due to be playing in the U20s. No thanks.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Accies999 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:00 am

On second thoughts let someone else have him. If Utd are getting rid he must have problems.
Accies999
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:21 pm

H9crx
Premiership

PreviousNext

Return to The Accies