Sportsound Tonight (9/3/17) from Holy Cross

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Sportsound Tonight (9/3/17) from Holy Cross

Postby TheThirdProclaimer » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:49 pm

Haven't heard this mentioned anywhere else other than two very brief ads on BBC Radio Scotland, but...

The usual Sportsound programme is being broadcast live tonight at 6.30pm from Holy Cross, and the panel features Chick Young, Les Gray, Derek Ferguson and Scott MacDonald (maybe others, not sure). 810 mw I think, or 92-95 fm (splits frequencies at 6.30).

Might be of some interest to us, probably just football discussion in general (and the usual 85% R*ngers content), but no doubt some Accies stuff too.

Might be too late to produce the Sportsound bingo cards for this one, never mind...

"There are no pitches for youngsters to play on anymore"
"How much does it cost to hire a 7 a side pitch nowadays?"
"There needs to be serious investment in Rangers, I mean... it's Rangers!"
"We produce young players, that's our model, and it's the only way we can do it"
"The players have to take their share of the blame for the manager being sacked"
TheThirdProclaimer
Seaside Leagues

Re: Sportsound Tonight (9/3/17) from Holy Cross

Postby Bomber Harris » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:47 pm

BBC have been at the school all day and my kid got interviewed by Kenny macintyre for being the only accies fan in the group and Dougie imrie picked her just for being an accies fan. Seemed to have a good time. Btw scott Mcdonald never showed so motherwell sent mcmanus instead
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:55 pm

Reading Bomber's post above,it shows that generations might change,but the pull of The Old Firm is still dominating teenagers;twas the same when I was at Holy Cross back in the terrible Bertie Auld/McParland era admittedly.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby TheThirdProclaimer » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:34 pm

Shit the bed, it's Barry. :evil:
TheThirdProclaimer
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:24 pm

Bomber's daughter got decent coverage both on the recorded clip from during the day and then live this evening - a shame in one sense as she was the only Accies fan there but fair play to her to step up to the mark.

Thankfully she seems far more positive than her Dad :)
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby RyanT » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:49 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:Thankfully she seems far more positive than her Dad :)

Give her another 20 years of supporting the Accies and that will change :P
RyanT
Seaside Leagues

Postby accies1874 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:14 am

Through my 6 years at Holy Cross, I was the only Accie in my year. Only left last summer, but I was happy to see a few a year or two below me going. I think it's an awkward one; the younger ones are far more influenced by their family members, but the olders are more influenced by their pals. A lot of them support Celtic/Rangers to fit in, as (as I'm sure you're all aware) you take some amount of stick being an Accies fan at school. I remember folk in my year binning tickets handed out or ripping them up. It's all rather depressing, but it's nothing new.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:32 am

Never heard the show,was anything interesting said about Accies?

There are a few young ones from Holy Cross who go to watch Accies,but sadly not enough.The peer pressure is worse at Catholic schools from Teachers all the way down.The plastic paddy mentality and "the cause" rules supreme among the brainwashed kids at RC schools in the West of Scotland.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:58 am

redandwhite1874 wrote:Bomber's daughter got decent coverage both on the recorded clip from during the day and then live this evening - a shame in one sense as she was the only Accies fan there but fair play to her to step up to the mark.

Thankfully she seems far more positive than her Dad :)

She's a wee happy clapper :lol: I'll soon sort that out
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:02 pm

I always wondered why Accies didn't have a permanent display at Hamilton Grammar detailing the link to the school (I didn't go to the school, I assume there isn't any such thing). I'm thinking of a wall mounted montage of photographs and cuttings detailing the club's formation and history. I bet many pupils don't even realise the club's formation came from the old Academy. I don't think there are many more fans coming through from that school now and from talking to ex-pupil friends, there weren't many during their time either. I was one of only about five Accies fans in my year at Earnock, most of them are still friends with me now but in first year I think I was the only one that regularly went to games. Even after we beat Rangers in 87, I don't remember any upswing in our credibility among the pupils. Getting pumped in the next round by Motherwell didn't help mind.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:40 pm

There was probably more Celtic fans than Accies at the grammar.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Return to The Accies