John 'the bottler' Beaton and his 2 assistants

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

John 'the bottler' Beaton and his 2 assistants

Postby Big Wurzil » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:29 pm

I'll use the term assistants lightly as they assisted not a jot.

A disgusting performance from the 3 people who are supposed to be neutral and getting paid plenty.

What's the point in that main stand side linesman? I bet you if Accies had scored a debatable offside goal he'd have spotted that but he can't see the keepers whole body outside the box and handling the ball. Basics absolute basics.

Where was Beaton?? Obviously not up with play or one of those 'oh no' decisions he has to make and he plainly bottled it. Do what your paid to do and officiate, he never, he ran away with his whistle up his arse scared tomblow it.

Cut to the Accies penalty box 10/15 minutes later and toral goes down in instalments and the beatmaster was all over it and couldn't wait to point to the spot. Strange thing is he never booked Gillespie for 'if' he's fouled him he prevented a clear goal scoring opportunity.

Next it's the govan stand side assistant to step up. How far away was he from garners horrific assault on imrie? What did he actually see that everyone else saw? Surely the hush from the govan stand was enough evidence to know it was a shocker. And again where was Beaton? Bottled it again.

If I was dougie imrie or any other player I'd tuck that tackle away for 2 weeks time.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Re: John 'the bottler' Beaton and his 2 assistants

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:31 pm

First thing is we didn't perform to win the game today.

Secondly, all of the above post is correct.

All the luck on Tuesday but none today.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Stodmeister » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:52 pm

Have to say I'm not really into all these conspiracy theories and the big teams getting the breaks but today a referee who was inept and a linseman who clearly saw the Garner tackle and shat out of a decision baffles me.
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:03 pm

Referees across many sports favouring the home or big team has a decent amount of evidence notwithstanding the challenges in proving this due to subjectivity etc.

Put that into a Scottish context and it would be more surprising if the OF didn't have an advantage from them.

Gers fans know it and that's why they sang 'Johnny Beaton we've got'
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:12 pm

Which poses the question?

Which referee(s) hasnt bottled to give big decisions against the IRA supporters and sevco consistently on their own patch?

I'm struggling
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:45 pm

Big Wurzil wrote:Which poses the question?

Which referee(s) hasnt bottled to give big decisions against the IRA supporters and sevco consistently on their own patch?

I'm struggling

There was also Alan Muir failing to send off Craig Gordon at Parkhead against Alloa this season, with the score at 0-0. And Beaton was the ref that allowed Moshni's goal to stand at 0-1 against Albion Rovers at Ibrox in a Quarter Final three years ago, when he jumped into their keeper and clearly fouled him.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby silverfox » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:54 pm

Accies did not have a shot on goal until very late in the game. Enough already that we were undone by referreeing decisions. Canning must go
silverfox
Seaside Leagues

Postby The Bajan Bandit » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:49 pm

Linesman flagged straight away and it was a reaction from linesman where I just assumed the red card was coming but Beaton had already decided not to send off one of his own , Beaton knew if he only booked him it then could not be looked at again , shocking , Garner laughed also as Imrie lay stricken , the SFA will do nothing about him though .
The Bajan Bandit
Seaside Leagues

Postby accies1874 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:20 am

Get a grip. Yes, the officials were awful; what about the players? Every single one of them let us down.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:40 am

Can't remember anyone complaining about the refs performance when he gave us a penalty against Dunfermline from what scott McCann clearly dived outside the box. All this ref crap from Ibrox is just papering over the cracks to hide a very woeful performance that imo was worse than Annan.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby glasgow accie » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:20 pm

Yes the team were poor , however , it would have been a very different game if the ref had sent off the goalie , then gave another red for the "tackle" ......
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby Willie Wastle » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:41 pm

Having watched all the TV angles and replays, I reckon:

1. Their goalie handled outside his area. It's a tough one for the officials, as they need to be sure in order to give it, but there's no doubt they got that one wrong - and what a game-changer that could have been.
2. The penalty was soft. You see them given - and not. What I don't understand is how the ref could be so sure.
3. Garner clattered into Imrie; it was clumsy, a clear foul and a yellow card. And no more. Ref got that right.

Reverse the first two decisions, and it could have been a different game. But maybe we'd still have collapsed in the last quarter hour. At the end of the day, we were well beaten, and could have been well beaten by ten men without the benefit of a half time lead.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:10 pm

glasgow accie wrote:Yes the team were poor , however , it would have been a very different game if the ref had sent off the goalie , then gave another red for the "tackle" ......

The whole course of the game changes if he'd been sent off. Garner may not even have come on. We'll never know.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:13 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:Having watched all the TV angles and replays, I reckon:

1. Their goalie handled outside his area. It's a tough one for the officials, as they need to be sure in order to give it, but there's no doubt they got that one wrong - and what a game-changer that could have been.
2. The penalty was soft. You see them given - and not. What I don't understand is how the ref could be so sure.
3. Garner clattered into Imrie; it was clumsy, a clear foul and a yellow card. And no more. Ref got that right.

Reverse the first two decisions, and it could have been a different game. But maybe we'd still have collapsed in the last quarter hour. At the end of the day, we were well beaten, and could have been well beaten by ten men without the benefit of a half time lead.

Garner's is as clear a red as you'll ever see. His foot was up at Imrie's thigh :lol:
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:17 pm

No game for this chump this week.

4th official up at Ross co, says it all really what the beaks thought about his performance last week.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:04 am

Big Wurzil wrote:No game for this chump this week.

4th official up at Ross co, says it all really what the beaks thought about his performance last week.

He won't care as he helped his team into the semi-final.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Return to The Accies