Online Shop

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Online Shop

Postby chickencrisps » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:50 pm

Sorry if this is going over old ground, but I haven't been on here in a while - am I doing something wrong on the club website, or do they really have nothing to sell? (When I follow the link on the home page to "Shop Online" there are no items there...)
chickencrisps
Pub League

Re: Online Shop & Canning Must Go

Postby chickencrisps » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:38 pm

No response to my question. Perhaps someone will notice the post if I add the phrase "Canning must go!"...
chickencrisps
Pub League

Re: Online Shop

Postby Willie Wastle » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:45 pm

Most of us gave up on the online shop a long time ago.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:01 pm

Yes, thers is nothing there on-line. It is yet another example of how Hanilton Academical looses out on potential income both on-line, and with sales at the ground. I have seen better shops, slicker on-line facilities, and a far. far greater range of merchandise in Clubs in the seventh tier of Englsih football, and some good Junior teams in Scotland as well.

There is precious little stock available even in the shop at most times and never pre-season or the correct sizes at Christmas time. BOD see no mileage in running an efficient commercial side to the Football Club.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby shotts56 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:36 pm

The club probably pulled it after me and a few other people had to report them to Paypal for taking online orders for items that were out of stock, with no idea when they would be back in stock, and then refusing to refund the cash.

After the shop stopped answering emails, I was left with no option but to go to Paypal to ask for a refund.
shotts56
Pub League

Postby porcupine » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:14 pm

WOW, Scott, thought it couldn't get any worse, but............................. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Wonder if the BOD know about how bad this looks to the general public, or, if so, do they care?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby sectiona » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:09 pm

What shotts56 said is what happened to a friend of mine.He received a 3rd cheeky email from a member of staff and was told he was not getting refunded so he took out a fraud case with Paypal and they refunded the money which means i take it they will be suing Accies.
sectiona
Seaside Leagues

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:17 pm

Perhaps the SLO can advise on this?
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby Bomber Harris » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:49 pm

The shop and the folk that work in the shop are an absolute joke. Blind leading the blind.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby sectiona » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:29 pm

sectiona wrote:What shotts56 said is what happened to a friend of mine.He received a 3rd cheeky email from a member of staff and was told he was not getting refunded so he took out a fraud case with Paypal and they refunded the money which means i take it they will be suing Accies.

Club are denying this.
sectiona
Seaside Leagues

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:35 pm

shotts56 wrote:The club probably pulled it after me and a few other people had to report them to Paypal for taking online orders for items that were out of stock, with no idea when they would be back in stock, and then refusing to refund the cash.

After the shop stopped answering emails, I was left with no option but to go to Paypal to ask for a refund.

I have had a response from the club on this, They aren't aware of any Paypal fraud cases being opened against the club and invite evidence of this.

As for why it doesn't have anything stocked there is supplier issues and that it was best to have the online shop not stocked until this was resolved, we hope that come the summer they are able to have a better online and offline store.

Hope this clarifies, as normal any issues get in contact via email twitter or direct to the club.
Email: sean@acciesfc.co.uk
Twitter: @AcciesFCSLO
Phone: 01698 368650
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Postby TheThirdProclaimer » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:57 pm

AcciesFCSLO wrote:
I have had a response from the club on this, They aren't aware of any Paypal fraud cases being opened against the club and invite evidence of this.

As for why it doesn't have anything stocked there is supplier issues and that it was best to have the online shop not stocked until this was resolved, we hope that come the summer they are able to have a better online and offline store.

Hope this clarifies, as normal any issues get in contact via email twitter or direct to the club.

It's good to at least get some answers to this type of question after the issues hanging around for so long previously, without comment from the club. You seem to be doing a good job of acting as intermediary between the fans and club, keep up the good work.

Having said that, the club really do need to understand that it's as much the lack of comment that annoys fans as much as the issues themselves. Why weren't we told about the "supplier issues" before now, rather than let it build up to the point of potential fraud claims etc? An explanation/public announcement might not fix everything, but it at least shows the board are aware of our concerns and not just completely ignorant.

Take the new sound system for example, an issue that' been going on for years, suddenly fixed and yet nobody knew anything about it until the Inverness game. These sorts of things might be small, but each small thing should be used to build up a more positive attitude towards the board. Of course they'll still get the 'speakers not strikers' pish from WAH, but the majority of fans I'm sure would appreciate the effort being made.
TheThirdProclaimer
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bomber Harris » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:46 pm

Brilliant. Evidence has been produced on twitter tonight. Shocking by Accies and I'm amazed if anyone actually believed that crap
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:53 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:Brilliant. Evidence has been produced on twitter tonight. Shocking by Accies and I'm amazed if anyone actually believed that crap

Evidence produced on twitter states that the individual should attempt to deal with HAFC first of all and then if no resolution deal through Paypal.

Club refunded the money to the individual no fraud case was ever actually opened, However I'd imagine you BH will attempt to deny this or make more inane comments which will attempt to skew the thought process of others we as always welcome your thoughts on this matter :).
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:01 pm

TheThirdProclaimer wrote:
AcciesFCSLO wrote:

It's good to at least get some answers to this type of question after the issues hanging around for so long previously, without comment from the club. You seem to be doing a good job of acting as intermediary between the fans and club, keep up the good work.

Having said that, the club really do need to understand that it's as much the lack of comment that annoys fans as much as the issues themselves. Why weren't we told about the "supplier issues" before now, rather than let it build up to the point of potential fraud claims etc? An explanation/public announcement might not fix everything, but it at least shows the board are aware of our concerns and not just completely ignorant.

Take the new sound system for example, an issue that' been going on for years, suddenly fixed and yet nobody knew anything about it until the Inverness game. These sorts of things might be small, but each small thing should be used to build up a more positive attitude towards the board. Of course they'll still get the 'speakers not strikers' pish from WAH, but the majority of fans I'm sure would appreciate the effort being made.

We do try Third Proclaimer and I am in close contact with the club most days about ideas being put forward and how we can improve communication, I was in contact with Dave McKinnon today regarding the communication strategy and that we really need to get this moving and get fans thoughts on what they want to see from the club so that we can make it all encompassing Website, Social Media, Email communication piece that reaches all parties on a regular basis.

If you have any points that you wish to put forward then we as always welcome these and can be contacted on methods below.
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Postby Bomber Harris » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:11 am

AcciesFCSLO wrote:
Bomber Harris wrote:Brilliant. Evidence has been produced on twitter tonight. Shocking by Accies and I'm amazed if anyone actually believed that crap

Evidence produced on twitter states that the individual should attempt to deal with HAFC first of all and then if no resolution deal through Paypal.

Club refunded the money to the individual no fraud case was ever actually opened, However I'd imagine you BH will attempt to deny this or make more inane comments which will attempt to skew the thought process of others we as always welcome your thoughts on this matter :).

I'm glad you as an slo find it funny and and can laugh at something as serious as honest fans paying hard earned cash online only to not receive bought items then having to resort to the measures that they took.
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby shotts56 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:49 am

AcciesFCSLO wrote:

Sorry Sean, that's not quite correct. I opened a PayPal dispute on 20 Dec as you saw from my snapshot, after the club failed to respond to repeated requests for a refund. After no response yet again from the club I moved it a formal claim on 23 Dec. Only then was the refund paid on 26 Dec.

No idea where the refund came from (PayPal or Accies) as the club didn't contact me in any way. The money just arrived in my account with a PayPal reference.

My 8 year old lad goes home and away every week and still doesn't have an Accies top. And I'm disgusted that they would treat someone who has had a season ticket for 30 years in this way, firstly by the behaviour of the shop and then by denying it ever happened.
shotts56
Pub League

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:03 am

shotts56 wrote:
AcciesFCSLO wrote:

Sorry Sean, that's not quite correct. I opened a PayPal dispute on 20 Dec as you saw from my snapshot, after the club failed to respond to repeated requests for a refund. After no response yet again from the club I moved it a formal claim on 23 Dec. Only then was the refund paid on 26 Dec.

No idea where the refund came from (PayPal or Accies) as the club didn't contact me in any way. The money just arrived in my account with a PayPal reference.

My 8 year old lad goes home and away every week and still doesn't have an Accies top. And I'm disgusted that they would treat someone who has had a season ticket for 30 years in this way, firstly by the behaviour of the shop and then by denying it ever happened.

I can only go on the info that the club provided which was that no PayPal fraud case was opened and that they directly refunded the money, The screenshot you sent states that after 10 days to open a formal dispute in the resolution centre, There may be further emails that you have but I've only stated what the club told me.

The fact that your 8 year old son doesn't have a top concerns me especially when our primary objective should be getting the next generation of youth involved and them having jerseys,scarves memorabilia etc should be something the club has readily available.

I assume that the club shop doesn't have a jersey that I'm his size ?

If you wish I can take this to the commercial dept and attempt to get one in for him ?
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Postby porcupine » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:15 am

[Quote]
I was in contact with Dave McKinnon today regarding the communication strategy and that we really need to get this moving and get fans thoughts on what they want to see from the club so that we can make it all encompassing Website, Social Media, Email communication piece that reaches all parties on a regular basis. [Quote]

Given that it is five weeks since McKinnon said he was going to 'produce a communication strategy', can I respectfully suggest that D McK gives us a time-line on this? That, in itself, would be communication, would it not, Dave? :oops:

Without any meaningful project completion date, it will just be another empty statement of intent that never gets started, far less finished. At the meeting on 4th February, if McK had spent more time talking about what he was going to do in his role at Accies, rather than most of his rhetoric about his time with other clubs, then I might have more faith in what value he is adding to Accies BOD. Meantime for me, in an effective commuicator role, the jury is out, Dave.

[Quote] The fact that your 8 year old son doesn't have a top concerns me especially when our primary objective should be getting the next generation of youth involved and them having jerseys,scarves memorabilia etc should be something the club has readily available. [Quote]

Yet again, the same old "Supplier problems" :roll: Apparently, no-one has the foresight to be able to organise supplies of strips for the START of the season, or in advance of Christmas, where demand is highest. Yes, I know that sponsors name has to be up to date and that will affect the lead time of production for being available for the start of the new season, but, we have consistently fallen down on this over the last 30+ years in my experience. Assuming the shirt sponsor and shirt design is to be the same for next season, then it's unlikely that too many fans will be buying new tops at this stage of the season, unless their child(ren) have got a lot bigger since last year. So, start organising it now for 2017/18 Season.

SLO is absolutely correct in seeking to 'lock-in' the next generation to Accies with the merchandising being available for them at all times. I hope that his best efforts will bear positive results. Please keep the pressure on, SLO.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TheThirdProclaimer » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:30 am

AcciesFCSLO wrote:
We do try Third Proclaimer and I am in close contact with the club most days about ideas being put forward and how we can improve communication, I was in contact with Dave McKinnon today regarding the communication strategy and that we really need to get this moving and get fans thoughts on what they want to see from the club so that we can make it all encompassing Website, Social Media, Email communication piece that reaches all parties on a regular basis.

If you have any points that you wish to put forward then we as always welcome these and can be contacted on methods below.

Yep, it's certainly a step in the right direction having you there in the first place, and from what I can tell you're doing a really good job so far. It's a difficult position since a lot of fans won't be happy no matter what answer you give them from the club, but of course you can only relay what the club's views are.

I think a weekly communication to either a mailing list or just on the website would be great, although would need to actually happen every week for it to be a success. It wasn't that long ago that the website seemed like a good step forward only for it to become almost completely redundant soon after. Things like a wee bit more detail on player injuries/expected return time/doctor's thoughts etc might be good, updates on any work in the stadium, and some more in-depth player interviews would also be good. The Advertiser interviews are fine, but any one of us could write them without going anywhere near the club, exact same vacuous dross every week. Warm (doesn't need to be hot) water in the toilets, and catering that can cope with the demands of a pretty small crowd rather than running out of pies before half time, would also be great. Simple things, but they do actually mean something to people who pay quite a lot of cash to follow Accies home and away and expect just the most basic amenities at grounds. Some stadiums we go to really do put ours to shame. (Yes, there are some absolute dives as well).

I'm sure once people see things starting to go into motion there will be plenty of suggestions, I think people maybe see it as a bit pointless to start listing things they'd like to see in the shop, for example, when we need to be sure there's actually going to be any change. The club need to realise how much of a shambles the whole thing looks from the outside, instead of seeming surprised when somebody wants the most basic item, a strip, to be in stock. Don't even get me started on Grant Gilliespie's face on a piece of slate! :lol:
TheThirdProclaimer
Seaside Leagues

Next

Return to The Accies