Re: 440 Tickets sold so far

Postby Bomber Harris » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:38 pm

You sound surprised
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby TheThirdProclaimer » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:35 pm

I don't really get it - who is this directed at? Accies supporters? The club? Folk from Hamilton?
TheThirdProclaimer
Seaside Leagues

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:08 am

Walked by the ground this afternoon;quite a few people were coming and going from The Ticket Office,so expect a better uptake.
Doesn't help though the lack of information in The Advertiser.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby The Goalie » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:44 am

My father a.k.a. Gerry Adams, and, I are still to buy our tickets. We are hoping to see Accies win on Sat, like we did 30 yrs ago.

We are also hoping we experience the same problem we had 30 yrs ago i.e. Rangers supporters throwing toilet roll at us cause we won :-)
The Goalie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bomber Harris » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:55 am

TheThirdProclaimer wrote:I don't really get it - who is this directed at? Accies supporters? The club? Folk from Hamilton?

why does it have to aimed at anyone? It's fact from the slo.
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:56 am

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:Walked by the ground this afternoon;quite a few people were coming and going from The Ticket Office,so expect a better uptake.
Doesn't help though the lack of information in The Advertiser.

can't just blame the local paper. I haven't seen one bit of advertising from the club about this game.
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:14 am

many factors come into play, then take into consideration you cannot purchase tickets online. *not every fan can get to the ground between 9-5* and furthermore..the tickets aren't on sale same day as the game from our ground? madness.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby TheThirdProclaimer » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:24 am

Bomber Harris wrote:
TheThirdProclaimer wrote:I don't really get it - who is this directed at? Accies supporters? The club? Folk from Hamilton?

It doesn't have to be, but it usually is.

We only have so many fans to begin with, fewer who actually go to games at home, even fewer away, against one of the Old Firm (or a longer/difficult trip), a live TV game, then there's the ones who "won't be back while he's still manager". When you take all that into account we're doing not bad to have 400-500!
TheThirdProclaimer
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bomber Harris » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:51 am

TheThirdProclaimer wrote:
Bomber Harris wrote:

It doesn't have to be, but it usually is.

We only have so many fans to begin with, fewer who actually go to games at home, even fewer away, against one of the Old Firm (or a longer/difficult trip), a live TV game, then there's the ones who "won't be back while he's still manager". When you take all that into account we're doing not bad to have 400-500!

we took the same amount to killie and Dunfermline at cheaper prices and the numbers going to ibrox is much as I expected. That's why I replied to the poster you seem surprised. miby sell a few more today but not much but for us 500 is a good number seeing we usually only take about 150/200 away most games.
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby TheThirdProclaimer » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:39 pm

Yep, I was surprised at how many were at Dunfermline. It would be interesting in itself to get to a semi final just to see how many we could actually attract to that.
TheThirdProclaimer
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bomber Harris » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:45 pm

TheThirdProclaimer wrote:Yep, I was surprised at how many were at Dunfermline. It would be interesting in itself to get to a semi final just to see how many we could actually attract to that.

just need to see what we took to easter Rd to answer your question.
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:56 pm

Is 440ish not about a third of our normal home support of 1200? Lots of over 65's with season tickets might not fancy the potential hassle going to Ibrox, even on a free bus, or the steep rise in price to £17.

Never thought we would take more than 500 regardless of a possible Semi Final place up for grabs.

At least 30 years on, no one will be spitting down on us from the top tier of the Broomloan Road Stand. We had about 300 at that cup-tie, stuck in the side of that stand, with baying Rangers supporters separated by no more than a couple of lines of plastic tape, and a few partisan jobsworth stewards. Could cope with toilet rolls on Saturday for same result :D :D
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:34 pm

We took 335 to Kilmarnock. Never saw it confirmed how many we took to Dunfermline but from pics I would have said 400.

I thought we had the full lower tier in 1987, with our support very spread out but there may have been some Rangers fans at the side. Club says we took 1200, but my memory is of about 400. Still have a scrapbook from the time, haven't dug it out in a while but there is one newspaper pic showing our support with many, many empty seats.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:44 pm

It is what it is. The most important people are those who are going and I hope the support isn't conditional on a result.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:02 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:I thought we had the full lower tier in 1987, with our support very spread out but there may have been some Rangers fans at the side. Club says we took 1200, but my memory is of about 400. .

3/400 is about right IMO. We only had part of the lower Broomloan Road Stand. Plenty of empty seats too. You were maybe one of the lucky ones lower down and away from the gobs coming over from the Upper Levels. Or maybe again, it might have been seagulls :roll: :roll:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:17 pm

porcupine wrote:
Stevie Clarke wrote:I thought we had the full lower tier in 1987, with our support very spread out but there may have been some Rangers fans at the side. Club says we took 1200, but my memory is of about 400. .

3/400 is about right IMO. We only had part of the lower Broomloan Road Stand. Plenty of empty seats too. You were maybe one of the lucky ones lower down and away from the gobs coming over from the Upper Levels. Or maybe again, it might have been seagulls :roll: :roll:

I got a coin on my napper! Worth it. We were quite near the back too.

Shame our programme is usually so dire as the recent double issue deserved a far wider audience. Fantastic memories from Gerry Collins and Aiders. Possibly the best programme we've ever done.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby TheThirdProclaimer » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:52 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:
TheThirdProclaimer wrote:Yep, I was surprised at how many were at Dunfermline. It would be interesting in itself to get to a semi final just to see how many we could actually attract to that.

just need to see what we took to easter Rd to answer your question.

I'm not so sure. The playoff game was the second leg of a two-leg tie at quite an awkward stadium to get to, on the other side of Edinburgh, when we were already 2-0 down and a first division team with a lower profile than we have now. More of a football fan's type of game.

A cup semi-final is more of a 'family day out' type of game, and if it was at Hampden there would be more of a showpiece feel to it. Might well attract the more casual/neutral fan and folk who just want to turn out to 'support the town', so to speak.
TheThirdProclaimer
Seaside Leagues

Postby judgeflash » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:18 pm

I got my tickets this afternoon, they told me apparently 4 buses are going but they're not putting on anymore buses for people. They have a waiting list of people who were wanting to get on that bus...so instead of putting on an extra bus they're hoping to see if anyone cancels :\ some logic.
judgeflash
Premiership

Return to The Accies