Rock bottom

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Rock bottom

Postby monkeybones » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:09 am

Superior goal difference will disappear at Celtic park.

Folks if we can't win it makes no difference how the other teams around us get on
monkeybones
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:42 am

Bomber Harris wrote:
Begs.hafc wrote:Where do you seriously think we will be if Les and co decided to walk away?who is going to buy us ?before anybody accuses me of being a happy clapper,I also believe Canning has had his chance and should be replaced. But like it or not, we would be in a far, far worse place if Les and co decided to walk.we would be in division 3 in a few years without the youth system, which costs a fortune per year to operate. Get a grip on reality!

all if's and but in reality Les is still the man in control and has let this mess happen weather you like it or not. Alex Neil left a winning, fighting, competitive squad and Les gave Canning 3 games he lost and was clear to see was complely out his depth but as accies do we keep it in doors and have him the job and went 12 games without a win. If it wasn't for Alex that season we would be down. following season he got lucky with a Dundee Utd in turmoil and killie having Gary locke as manager and we finished 10th. This season we are now bottom where in all honesty where we should be. This is the worst accies squad I've seen in years and Canning has been found out. The amount of games this season now Canning has coward into his dugout at a later equaliser or sprinted down the tunnel at a defeat has been clear to see. 25 months in the job p91 w22 shows how much Canning is still out his depth. Me personally would rather he is sacked and we went down rather than him taking us down. We need someone in now to steady the ship with the off chance of staying up but realistically giving us a chance to bounce back out the championship.

Your description of last season's success in staying up is really indicative of your attitude - happy to pick certain facts that suit your conclusion and to ignore anything else (ie anything positive). Despite Killie and United's turmoil which you are happy to go on about on in such clear terms now - this time last year your assessment was the same. United are a great example as they had everything that the uber critics want - experienced manager, change the manager, spent money on players etc.

The worst squad and yet many think its capable of top 6?

I also love the way Alex is portrayed as some sort of magician who dropped in and brought us great times and then went away. He is absolutely a product of the model that is so criticised, so to write off 2 or 3 season as 'ah bit that was Alex so that doesn't count' is really unfair and again evidence of actually looking to ignore any success and a determined attitude to look for and emphasise the set backs.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby TheThirdProclaimer » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:44 am

H9crx wrote:
No controls over you say! If we had a manager who could win games we would have control over what happen in other results.

That'll take some explaining! Quite literally does not make any sense whatsoever.
TheThirdProclaimer
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:49 am

H9crx wrote:
redandwhite1874 wrote:
monkeybones wrote:No panic.

No one wants us to fail.

I'm not convinced by that, but if relegation happens there's certainly many who will take no little 'told you so' delight in 'their' teams failure.

Yes yes says the man who re posted about 20 old post last year when we got lucky and stayed up.

No on will be happy when we go down! But we will take gr8 pleasure in telling you that Canning is a Dud and has mugged you off for two years!

:D :D

I knew you'd pick that one up. Again it shows where people like you are. Equating enjoying success of 'our' club with the enjoyment people like you are having during the harder times. Plus I think you will find that I simply resurrected all the threads that had been started to say the same (wrong) thing - I judged if people were content to start them in the first place they would be happy to discuss the outcome - but funnily enough people were unhappy with our success :roll:
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:03 pm

We are rock bottom with our next 2 games against Celtic and Aberdeen, does anyone realistically see us getting anything. Cannings record this season will then be played 27 won 3. The worst of any manager in a football league in the world I would suggest.

Will we punt him NO. Even if he was punted, who could come in and "save" us, with so few games remaining

We are stuck with him until at least end of season

Anyway Championship is a good competitive league with lots of new places to go to for away games
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:08 pm

redandwhite do you think accies should stick with Canning? No big long story just a simple yes or no.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:14 pm

smc4761 wrote:We are rock bottom with our next 2 games against Celtic and Aberdeen, does anyone realistically see us getting anything. Cannings record this season will then be played 27 won 3. The worst of any manager in a football league in the world I would suggest.

Will we punt him NO. Even if he was punted, who could come in and "save" us, with so few games remaining

Anyway Championship is a good competitive league with lots of new places to go to for away games

The worst record of any manager in the world :roll: - using a performance criteria that absolutely no league in the world utilises. And that's before even challenging the fact that its a lie.

The entire footballing world agrees that draws merit a point but that's not good enough for some Accies fans. If the case against MC is so good why do people need to use exaggeration at the very least.

There is lots on here about motivation and psychology - mostly when criticising anything said by anyone at the club and its impact on performance. The same as last year, my point is that we will have a better chance of surviving if we get behind the team and are realistic about the challenge. Agendas, negativity and spinning everything against the club will help no one.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:14 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:redandwhite do you think accies should stick with Canning? No big long story just a simple yes or no.

Yes.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:56 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:
smc4761 wrote:We are rock bottom with our next 2 games against Celtic and Aberdeen, does anyone realistically see us getting anything. Cannings record this season will then be played 27 won 3. The worst of any manager in a football league in the world I would suggest.

The worst record of any manager in the world :roll: - using a performance criteria that absolutely no league in the world utilises. And that's before even challenging the fact that its a lie.

The entire footballing world agrees that draws merit a point but that's not good enough for some Accies fans. If the case against MC is so good why do people need to use exaggeration at the very least.

There is lots on here about motivation and psychology - mostly when criticising anything said by anyone at the club and its impact on performance. The same as last year, my point is that we will have a better chance of surviving if we get behind the team and are realistic about the challenge. Agendas, negativity and spinning everything against the club will help no one.

maybe worded wrong. Care to name any manager this season who has a worse record than 3 wins out of 27 league games
smc4761
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:04 pm

Before I waste my time can you just confirm that no manager in the world has a worse record than this and that you researched this before making the claim?

Or will we just accept it was rubbish and move on?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:28 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:Before I waste my time can you just confirm that no manager in the world has a worse record than this and that you researched this before making the claim?

Or will we just accept it was rubbish and move on?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/o ... st-9271097

Is this sufficient for you, Even Pardew had 5 wins from 30 games. No other manager in Scotland has fewer wins than Canning

Altrincham of the Vanarama North league do have a worse record although they have sacked their manager(s)
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:32 pm

Motherwell hahahahaha haha
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:37 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:Motherwell hahahahaha haha

That's the spirit !
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:58 pm

Cant see McGhee being around much longer. 2 really heavy defeats in 2 weeks and his altrication with the Aberdeen fans. Will he walk or will he be pushed.

On the plus side from today still another 3 teams within easy touching distance,but Partick Killie and Dundee starting to pull clear
smc4761
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:59 pm

smc4761 wrote:Cant see McGhee being around much longer. 2 really heavy defeats in 2 weeks and his altrication with the Aberdeen fans. Will he walk or will he be pushed.

On the plus side from today still another 3 teams within easy touching distance,but Partick Killie and Dundee starting to pull clear

Killie being the most surprising of the lot.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:47 pm

Talking with numerous friends who are Well fans, and overwhelming feeling is he must go
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Chase Outlaw » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:14 pm

Thistle record back to back 2-0 wins.Wouldn't that be nice.
Last edited by Chase Outlaw on Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chase Outlaw
Seaside Leagues

Postby The Bajan Bandit » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:17 pm

Thistle are safe , well organised side .
The Bajan Bandit
Seaside Leagues

Postby Willie Wastle » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:43 am

monkeybones wrote:Superior goal difference will disappear at Celtic park.

Folks if we can't win it makes no difference how the other teams around us get on

It didn't. We still have a significantly superior goal difference.

Your second sentence is more to the point. That's what I meant by the ICT result being something outwith our control. What other teams do doesn't really matter - they can't all go on winning runs. If we're to survive it comes down to us - we need to win games. Our record on this is poor, but we're go into have to string a couple of wins together, and we're going to have to beat our relegation rivals in crucial head-to-heads. Draws are no good to us anymore.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:40 am

redandwhite1874 wrote:
monkeybones wrote:No panic.

No one wants us to fail.

I'm not convinced by that, but if relegation happens there's certainly many who will take no little 'told you so' delight in 'their' teams failure.

Ironic. Much like your 'told you so' delight when 'your' team wins, even know we are all happy your the guy who digs up old threads. Get a life.
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

PreviousNext

Return to The Accies