Rock bottom

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Rock bottom

Postby judgeflash » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:42 am

Begs.hafc wrote:Where do you seriously think we will be if Les and co decided to walk away?who is going to buy us ?before anybody accuses me of being a happy clapper,I also believe Canning has had his chance and should be replaced. But like it or not, we would be in a far, far worse place if Les and co decided to walk.we would be in division 3 in a few years without the youth system, which costs a fortune per year to operate. Get a grip on reality!

I 'd heard from a rather good source that the club had been approached a couple of times in recent years for a significant share in the club, Les also confirmed in a newspaper interview a couple months ago that they had been approached. People obviously find our club model attractive, the problem is, despite our great youth policy, the club do so many things wrong when it comes to the PAYING support. Also, the coaches in paid positions, are also involved in the main team and have a salary already. Not to mention the club do regular fundraising for the youth projects.
We are in the shits right now, I think the players are better than what they are providing, so you have to then ask, WHO is to blame if the players aren't playing to their potential ?
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:01 pm

judgeflash wrote:
Begs.hafc wrote:Where do you seriously think we will be if Les and co decided to walk away?who is going to buy us ?before anybody accuses me of being a happy clapper,I also believe Canning has had his chance and should be replaced. But like it or not, we would be in a far, far worse place if Les and co decided to walk.we would be in division 3 in a few years without the youth system, which costs a fortune per year to operate. Get a grip on reality!

I 'd heard from a rather good source that the club had been approached a couple of times in recent years for a significant share in the club, Les also confirmed in a newspaper interview a couple months ago that they had been approached. People obviously find our club model attractive, the problem is, despite our great youth policy, the club do so many things wrong when it comes to the PAYING support. Also, the coaches in paid positions, are also involved in the main team and have a salary already. Not to mention the club do regular fundraising for the youth projects.
We are in the shits right now, I think the players are better than what they are providing, so you have to then ask, WHO is to blame if the players aren't playing to their potential ?

The blame is down to one man. The Manager.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:48 pm

^ Exactly. As simple as that.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby AlMac » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:12 pm

Now is the time for every Accies fan to get behind the team. Right now, I'm interested in us avoiding relegation rather than having petty arguments with fellow supporters. The players, manager and the BOD all need to up their game over the next 3 months with no excuses......
AlMac
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bomber Harris » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:16 pm

AlMac wrote:Now is the time for every Accies fan to get behind the team. Right now, I'm interested in us avoiding relegation rather than having petty arguments with fellow supporters. The players, manager and the BOD all need to up their game over the next 3 months with no excuses......

This. Amen to that.
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:30 pm

The problem is, for most of us, it has been a team we've supported for 20 plus years, through thick and thin. I've seen the bottom of the rung, the near liquidation, this to me though is one of the best squads we have had in a long time. I don't recall a time period where a manager for Hamilton Academicals has been told that as long as he brings throgh our youth projects, he will be allowed to stay in charge, regardless of form or style of play.
I will be there, week in week out, supporting. I will never chant Canning get to fuck, or team full of losers. I will however vent frustrations on how the club is run, as it's my right as a ticket paying fan to do so.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby AlMac » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:36 pm

judgeflash wrote:The problem is, for most of us, it has been a team we've supported for 20 plus years, through thick and thin. I've seen the bottom of the rung, the near liquidation, this to me though is one of the best squads we have had in a long time. I don't recall a time period where a manager for Hamilton Academicals has been told that as long as he brings throgh our youth projects, he will be allowed to stay in charge, regardless of form or style of play.
I will be there, week in week out, supporting. I will never chant Canning get to fuck, or team full of losers. I will however vent frustrations on how the club is run, as it's my right as a ticket paying fan to do so.

I would never try to tell anyone how they should support their team. You should do whatever you feel is appropriate - we all should....
AlMac
Seaside Leagues

Postby Jacobsladder » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:11 pm

Ok this will be shot down in flames but I'm going to say it anyway
Given our form this season and the fact we are fed up with t all - is it time to totally think out the box say bye bye Canning and make an approach for Mark McGhee
I know it's desperate but we are in a desperate position
I shall now await the don't be so bloody stupid replies
Jacobsladder
Pub League

Postby glasgow accie » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:18 pm

:shock:
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby Bomber Harris » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:29 pm

Jacobsladder wrote:Ok this will be shot down in flames but I'm going to say it anyway
Given our form this season and the fact we are fed up with t all - is it time to totally think out the box say bye bye Canning and make an approach for Mark McGhee

Great shout as our present twat of a manager has never once beat a Mark McGhee motherwell team.
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby ManfromWaikato » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:34 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:
Jacobsladder wrote:Ok this will be shot down in flames but I'm going to say it anyway

Great shout as our present twat of a manager has never once beat a Mark McGhee motherwell team.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
ManfromWaikato
Pub League

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:49 pm

As bad as Canning is, I could not bear that eejit being our manager. Hasn't said very nice things about us in the past either. Can't quite believe he's involved with Scotland. Actually I can because the folk running our game are even bigger eejits.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Previous

Return to The Accies