Are we good enough to stay up?

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Are we good enough to stay up?

Postby porcupine » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:10 pm

Realistically, No.

Although I still think we are capable of a shock result at Ibrox in the Cup, (if team selection is right and all play to the best of their abilities), we have needed consistent good league performances for many months. This has not happened. Don't see others falling behind us at this stage. Can't see MC having any flair to get selections or tactics correct.

Hope to be proved wrong, but the league tables don not lie. Facts are facts.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:13 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:
judgeflash wrote:
redandwhite1874 wrote:Well that's the first time I have been accused of not giving an opinion on here and sitting on the fence.

Just an observation, seems more devils advocate rather than having emotions.

OK moving this on, I have been clear that I don't think our recruitment is as bad as made out. This position is widely disagreed with which is fair enough; but the contradiction is that the same folk ridiculing the board for player recruitment then say the squad is good enough for mid table when they want to criticise the manager.

Our recruitment is dire though, if you look at the percentage of signed players/players that have made significant impacts, it's pretty dire reading. The board have conceeded that they're willing to throw shit at a wall and hope some of it sticks. MC reign has sent us on nothing but a slippery slope, gone is the free flowing football, replaced with Hunt-It-N-Punt-It style.
The team as a whole, when motivated, when fit, when provided with the best possible tactics, are a team that should be trying to reach for the top 6.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:20 pm

OK moving this on, I have been clear that I don't think our recruitment is as bad as made out. This position is widely disagreed with which is fair enough; but the contradiction is that the same folk ridiculing the board for player recruitment then say the squad is good enough for mid table when they want to criticise the manager.[/quote]
Our recruitment is dire though, if you look at the percentage of signed players/players that have made significant impacts, it's pretty dire reading. The board have conceeded that they're willing to throw shit at a wall and hope some of it sticks. MC reign has sent us on nothing but a slippery slope, gone is the free flowing football, replaced with Hunt-It-N-Punt-It style. Furthermore, we have a defender as a manager, yet we seem to absolutely leak goals through lack of positional awareness, something you'd presume a manager of this ilk would DRILL into them.
The team as a whole, when motivated, when fit, when provided with the best possible tactics, are a team that should be trying to reach for the top 6.[/quote]
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Montrose Week » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:09 pm

Replace Canzo now with Donatti till end of season, = should see us safe.

Remain as we are, = relegation without a play off, it is that simple.
Montrose Week
Pub League

Postby H9crx » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:08 pm

Replace Canzo now with Donatti till end of season, = should see us safe.

Remain as we are, = relegation without a play off, it is that simple.

This
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Bonjella » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:48 pm

Aye because he's been doing so well as a player :roll:

Listen I agree its time for him to go but I cant see where all this Donatti for manager pish is coming from.
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?
Bonjella
Pub League

Postby accies1874 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:24 pm

Bonjella wrote:Aye because he's been doing so well as a player :roll:

Listen I agree its time for him to go but I cant see where all this Donatti for manager pish is coming from.

This.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Gaspode » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:47 pm

Bonjella wrote:Aye because he's been doing so well as a player :roll:

This
Gaspode
Championship

Postby porcupine » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:26 pm

Please explain what 'This' means for those of us who do not understand :( :oops:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TheThirdProclaimer » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:39 pm

Haha, just internet speak for "I agree", just a shortcut instead of writing the exact same thing as someone else!
TheThirdProclaimer
Seaside Leagues

Postby porcupine » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:52 pm

Thank you! :roll: :roll: You learn something every day :P
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:31 pm

Canning is going nowhere.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:46 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:Canning is going nowhere.

Staying in the top flight? Unfamiliar confidence.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:09 am

redandwhite1874 wrote:
Bomber Harris wrote:Canning is going nowhere.

Staying in the top flight? Unfamiliar confidence.

I'm just going by what Les Gray said at the forum. Weather it's premiership or championship Canning will still be in charge is the impression I got. I have absolutely no confidence in Canning. 22 wins in 91 games is an atrocious record but as I said he's going nowhere.
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:22 am

Not many Accies managers have the atrocious record of top flight survival on their cv; relegating a modern Scottish giant who had the experience, managerial changes, budget and ambition that apparently guarantee success.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Montrose Week » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:53 am

Donatti is already on the payroll & has a two year deal, if he is not our next manager, I see no reason to give him the two year deal. This is how Sir Alex got made up & Canzo at the time.
Montrose Week
Pub League

Postby accies1874 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:00 am

Imrie's the next manager.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:13 am

Both Donati & Imrie doing there coaching badges yet Clownzo still has none. If you where brainwashed enough by Les grays guff at the forum you will have left believing that Canning is doing a great job and is also a young up and coming manager. You would also have left tge forum believing Sutton utd pay players 4k a week
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:38 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:Both Donati & Imrie doing there coaching badges yet Clownzo still has none. If you where brainwashed enough by Les grays guff at the forum you will have left believing that Canning is doing a great job and is also a young up and coming manager. You would also have left tge forum believing Sutton utd pay players 4k a week

Yep, utter nonsense. Lineker mentioned the wage bill last night. Got out the calculator and it amounts to about £700 a man. Did he expect us to believe that a club just up from the Conference South were paying their men that? He just has contempt for us.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:42 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:Yep, utter nonsense. Lineker mentioned the wage bill last night. Got out the calculator and it amounts to about £700 a man. Did he expect us to believe that a club just up from the Conference South were paying their men that? He just has contempt for us.

Wow! Somebody else doing the maths!!

You are assuming Lineker's figures are correct at £400K p.a for the entire squad. If that is correct then, as they have 27 registered players, this averages out at £14,8K per annum. OK, some will be on more and some less, but it still is only an average round £1200 per month/ £300 per week. Where do you get the £700 a man from?? If SU's management team are included in the wage bill, then it reduces a players wage even more.

About £300K of BT TV monies filters down to the National League in England, but this is only about £7K per club. Attendances are not nornally good. I took in a game at Gander Green about 15 years ago when Sutton were either in the Isthmian League or Conference South where the crowd was about 350. The ground then was basically a public park with one stand, railings round the "agricultural" grass pitch, and no other facilities whatsoever. It looks to have improved drastically in that time, so if SU are being subsidised by a millionaire, then higher wages might well be in operation there. The odd National League player may be paid well above the average, but Accies should be able to compete wage wise with most at that level. Possibly the add-ons of player's accomodation, whilst they are with us on a short term contract, has also to be factored in.

It was clear to me from what LG said, that Accies would not pay players above some notional figure that the Board have agreed, to ensure that the Club remain solvent at all times. This is commendable, but only to a point, where we have seen other clubs throwing borrowed money at questionable signings in the hope of success. Rangers/Dundee/Livingston etc. However, IMO, our signings have generally been poor for the last two seasons, and too much has been spread over too many failures. The manager's tactics used have compounded the situation where we find ourselves.

On the performance we have seen throughout this season, we are not good enough to stay up under our own efforts/skills etc. and Accies cannot depend on other teams collapsing at this stage. I certainly got the impression from LG;s comments, that there will be no change of mananger this year, (not just this season) whether we survive in the Premier, or are relegated to the Championship.

I was unaware about the coaching badges situation. MMMMMMM.....interesting.
porcupine
Premiership

PreviousNext

Return to The Accies