Complimentary Buses To Ibrox 4/3/17

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Complimentary Buses To Ibrox 4/3/17

Postby Big Wurzil » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:43 pm

Marketing has been pitiful.

For £150 for an adult season book we shouldve been turning people away.

Did anyone know ????????????????????

Nope
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:01 pm

WAC wrote:Surely this offer has got to be plastered all over the hammy ad . A lot of older accies fans who don't normally attend away games would go now they can get picked up and dropped off at stadium . No reason why we can't sell out this allocation for our best chance to get to hampden in years . Rangers are beatable but still favs . Get a good crowd here and right behind . Forget about clownzos league stats for a few hours at least .

We have asked the Hamilton Advertiser to put it in as we have on their digital platforms where it should then be picked up by the Daily Record.

Hoping to see an increase in bus bookings over the weekend.
Email: sean@acciesfc.co.uk
Twitter: @AcciesFCSLO
Phone: 01698 368650
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:05 pm

Big Wurzil wrote:Marketing has been pitiful.

For £150 for an adult season book we shouldve been turning people away.

Did anyone know ????????????????????

Nope

This is something that is being worked on, Dave McKinnon as he stated at the Fans Forum is working on a communication strategy to improve our communication going forward.

I have had sight of this and its certainly inclusive of ideas that we have never saw before at the club.
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:41 am

This issue with the buses in addition to the general media presence should be put- not just on Twitter-but, more prominently on Facebook also.

Perhaps The SLO should set up a specified Facebook page in addition to Twitter as there seems to be a lot more Accies fans using the various Facebook pages than Twitter,plus perhaps a Sub Forum on here for various issues.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:08 am

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:This issue with the buses in addition to the general media presence should be put- not just on Twitter-but, more prominently on Facebook also.

Perhaps The SLO should set up a specified Facebook page in addition to Twitter as there seems to be a lot more Accies fans using the various Facebook pages than Twitter,plus perhaps a Sub Forum on here for various issues.

Their is plenty of ways to get in contact with me Here, Twitter @AcciesFCSLO, Email sean@acciesfc.co.uk or calling the club 01698 368650 or at games in general.

If the admin on here wishes to set a sub forum he is welcome to do so, Not everyone uses Facebook / Twitter I agree which is why we have various other methods of contact.

I welcome any feedback, Questions, Queries in any which way you wish.
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Postby Montrose Week » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:49 pm

Anything less than 10 buses which is basically 500 fans (not a lot ) is a slap in the face to the board who at least are trying to do something positive here.

Get it advertised as per all the ideas above, Morton took over 2,000. Surely we can get half of that for a Quarter Final.

My main worry is how deflated we all might be after next 2 games.
Montrose Week
Pub League

Postby Bomber Harris » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:02 pm

Montrose Week wrote:Anything less than 10 buses which is basically 500 fans (not a lot ) is a slap in the face to the board who at least are trying to do something positive here.

Get it advertised as per all the ideas above, Morton took over 2,000. Surely we can get half of that for a Quarter Final.

My main worry is how deflated we all might be after next 2 games.

thought it was only 3 buses and explain how it's a slap in the face? Fans not allowed to go into town for a pint 1st or travel by car or travel on there own supporters bus? You'll be lucky if we've took 700 fans all in for the last 2 cup games and 1000 to easter rd. No one is interested in Accies I'll be surprised if we take more than 400.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Montrose Week » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:28 pm

Agreed bomber, I meant 1,000 in total, do not see why we cant get that for one off game. No one outside our core support usually knows of these offers, bus's & this years season book offer.

Monton dont get 2,000 home fans very often but they easily sold their allocation for Ibrox without free offers, my point is to try and promote the game a bit more and hopefully get a response.

No One willdisagree with your figures but if we managed to get 560 through to fife on a freezing cold day in last round surely we should be able to get some more for the chance to make it to Hampden for a semi final.
Montrose Week
Pub League

Postby Bomber Harris » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:56 pm

Montrose Week wrote:Agreed bomber, I meant 1,000 in total, do not see why we cant get that for one off game. No one outside our core support usually knows of these offers, bus's & this years season book offer.

Monton dont get 2,000 home fans very often but they easily sold their allocation for Ibrox without free offers, my point is to try and promote the game a bit more and hopefully get a response.

No One willdisagree with your figures but if we managed to get 560 through to fife on a freezing cold day in last round surely we should be able to get some more for the chance to make it to Hampden for a semi final.

Would love those numbers to attend but sadly won't happen. Morton have a great community set up and that's the reason non Morton fans attend these one off games. Sadly accies community set up is non existent and the community trust is only interested in there own self interests.
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:49 pm

I suppose there is no point in raising that the constant doom mongering and negativity from parts of our fan base to a whole variety of scenarios can't help matters - either in terms of player motivation or potential fan response.

Morton have historically been a better supported club than ours and are having their best spell in years - so no surprise that a one -off Scottish cup tie to a nearby big team brought their numbers out.

I have enjoyed lording it over a couple of Morton fans for years and years now and they have always been jealous of our set up and results. They have never fired back with 'aye, but oor community set up is magic' - they would swap what we have had for over a decade in a heart beat; and so would lots of other clubs.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby TheThirdProclaimer » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:28 am

^Good post, I imagine the same applies to fans of Falkirk, Raith and St Mirren. Easy to forget about the clubs who would kill for a bit of what we've had the past few seasons, and the spell before that too. Having said that, it does make it all the more important we stay in the top league and keep the run going.
TheThirdProclaimer
Seaside Leagues

Postby Montrose Week » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:20 pm

It is a very good point, the question is why do all these clubs from similar sized towns with the same old firm issues manage to drum up extra support for big games and historically we dont ?

No one will argue that our recent success for a club our size has been breathtaking, but sadly our fan base actually decreases rather than icreases, no answer expected but it is ok to be frustrated and it will have an effect on the players running out every week in front of a 2 thirds empty stand.
Montrose Week
Pub League

Postby Bluesy » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:43 pm

Falkirk and Raith are teams from towns with much less of and old firm issue than us. St Mirren were not also rans for nearly as long as us and Paisley is also a much bigger town.

We should however have a much better support than we do after recent successes and the phenominal price of season tickets. If we stay up and the £150 for adults and £14 for kids offer stands, from that minute on this needs to be pushed to the max and all over the media (not social media to people who already know about it).

The offering is excellent and the catchment area is still really good
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:21 pm

Lack of historic success is basically the main reason. The three teams mentioned above have done more in the game. St Mirren, as bad as it is now, can look back just a few years to a cup success and fans of a certain age can look back on not just one but two Scottish Cup wins. All three have tasted European football too. Add in the likes of Dunfermline, recent cup finals and semis and a European semi final in the 60s. Killie reached a European semi too. That sort of achievement leaves a lasting legacy. Local credibility. Killie faffed about in the late 70s/early80s and crowds dropped but with a whiff of success under Tommy Burns they flooded back. They were always there, thanks to their 60s success. It's only now Killie are in trouble crowd-wise, down in no small part to local unemployment.

Being so near Glasgow and Motherwell puts us in a unique position, but had we won a cup or two, I feel our support would have been larger through my time 1980 onwards. You could undermine my point by citing Clyde and East Fife. Clyde got decent crowds at Shawfield and always took more away than we did. The biggest mistake East Fife ever made was leaving Bayview and in case, you can't compare Hamilton with Methil.

Absolutely agree about the PR machine we need to publicise £150 season tickets. I doubt we'll see them at that price next term even if we go down. Another chance missed. Doesn't help when the local Advertiser reporter insists they carried the story on their back page when in actual fact the best they managed was to have it tucked away on an inside column.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:24 pm

I have no idea why are crowds are so poor. To my mind any football minded person in hamilton and nearby know all about the club and how the team is doing. We didn't get a bounce in the late 80s and the last decade has been the same.

Any decrease is for me due to frustration as watching a team fighting at the bottom of any league can be seen as worse than being at the top or middle of any other division - even at a lessor level. For me I want to see the team trying to achieve its best position possible rather than 'enjoying' more victories in the lower leagues.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:30 pm

No away wins all session = low turn out for an away game!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby TheThirdProclaimer » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:05 pm

H9crx wrote:No away wins all session = low turn out for an away game!

We beat Killie in the round before last. Away.
TheThirdProclaimer
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:45 pm

dizzy heights what a record our gaffer has!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:47 pm

Absolute disgrace the club have refused the vaults a free bus to Ibrox. Stick yer free bus. would rather pay 10 quid to a real supporters bus. take my 5 seats off the list.
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:48 pm

The club stinks
H9crx
Premiership

PreviousNext

Return to The Accies