Fans Forum

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Fans Forum

Postby accies1874 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:09 pm

McGowan, Gray and MacDonald are all directors of Edencrest (I think it's a home improvement or property company, but I could be wrong), so that could be where McGowan got his money. I'm not sure, though.
Anyone else see David Equi, a man with plenty of sponsorship in the club, questioning Les on certain behind the scenes things? Can't remember what he was saying so I might be making a mountain out of a mole hill, but I thought he'd be clued up on most things.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby TheThirdProclaimer » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:16 pm

Thanks for that, I had no idea. I've heard of Edencrest, didn't know they were all involved.

I taped the forum on my phone, which is good enough to hear most of what was said. Haven't listened again yet though. I didn't realise David Equi was there, I'm sure he interviewed me for a job as a dishwasher when I was at school, and I didn't get it! :oops: I would've had a word with him about that. :D
TheThirdProclaimer
Seaside Leagues

Postby NaeVay » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:46 pm

Thanks Porcupine for the summary and ThirdProclaimer for taking the initiative to record it. Unfortunately the club didn't take a record but that's fair enough. Liason officer said they would look at that going forward and he seems like a positive step in terms of fan engagement.

Would you be happy to share the recording for those who weren't there to hear what was said?
NaeVay
Seaside Leagues

Postby TheThirdProclaimer » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:50 pm

If anyone wants to DM me an e-mail address I'll certainly send on the recording. As I said, it was recorded on the basic iPhone mic, and I haven't listened to the whole recording for quality. However, the first five minutes or so are ok, maybe need the volume up a bit but it's better than nothing! The 'panel' had a mic, but not the audience, so the questions might be pretty quiet since some came from the other side of the function suite.

*Edit to say - I'll keep this 'open' to anyone who wants a copy until 5pm on Friday 10/2/17, just so I'm not sending e-mails forever! :) *
TheThirdProclaimer
Seaside Leagues

Postby porcupine » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:49 pm

Burst Baws wrote:It was news to me that Colin McGowan put the initial 300k into the club to save from closure. I can remember Ronnie taking the praise for doing this, certainly never any mention of McGowan

News to me too, BB. Seemed from what Les said, that it was CMcG who was the first to put up funds with only a couple of days to go before liguidation. Ronnie was always seen as the savoiur and was publically quoted as such. No idea whether the two knew each other then, but it was clear that they all seem pals now. As to who put what into the Save HAFC pot, we have no real facts.

However, I took up Les's offer to look at Companies House. This shows the Football Club with Directors as Les Gray (Appt 1/8/03), Alan Maitland (Appt 20/3/12), Colin McGowan (15/9/14) and David R MacDonald (18/9/14). I presume the latter IS Ronnie's son.

Seems straightforward then??? Wait!! There is a Standard Security (Mortgage) over the company (HAFC) in favour of Standforth Limited. That company (Standforth) changed its name to D Campbell & Company Limited in 1993. Remember D Campbell had a HAFC association in the past, but it may be that any debt due to Standforth by HAFC {which required a Charge(Mortgage) over HAFC assets} has long been fully repaid and the Charge never been "discharged" from Companies House Records. There is usually a fee to discharge which is why these often remain long after any debt/mortgage has been paid back. But, maybe, there is still something due to Standforth Limited??

Companies House also shows every shareholder in HAFC, so if you have any shares in the Football Club, you will see your name there. An individual, Douglas Park, has 5000 shares. Can a person own shares in more than one football club? It is not an unusual name however so it may not be the obvious DP. Total shares issued are 573,757, with the majority shareholder being Edencrest Limited with 549850. That company appears to be the Stadium Company with havingthe same four directors Gray, Hamilton, McGowan & R MacDonald named by Les on Saturday as those owning the stadium.

In both Standforth & Edencrest, the Annual Accounts are in abbreviated form so not much is available to scrutinise in detail. The HAFC Accounts are submitted up to year end 30 june 2015. Those show a huge swing from a net deficit of £102729 in shareholders funds to a net surplus of £391748. The 2016 accounts are due to be submitted by 31 March 2017, so these will be an interesting read.

For those unfamiliar with company accounts, the fact that HAFC had nearly £400,000 available to the directors, does not mean that they could or should rush out and buy players. The Football Club at June 2015 was fully solvent however, and that was confirmed by Les at the meeting. Directors have indicated that they will continue to be prudent with funds and NOT do what others have done, spend, spend, borrow, borrow, spend to hopefuly achieve success.

Whether we like it or not, we have to trust those in charge to do the right things, having well managed the Club from the tribulations of the Watson Years, and have given us more top flight football than most of us enjoyed under the previous regimes. Whilst I enjoyed visits to Station Park, Brechin's hedge, and Gayfield's sea breeze, I am happy only to revisit those grounds for a Cup Tie.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:14 pm

Looks like "The Herald" had a reporter in last week's meeting or have subsequently interviewed Les soon after. See Wednesday's Herald Sport for more info. on 'Punching above our weight"
porcupine
Premiership

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:24 am

porcupine wrote:
Burst Baws wrote:It was news to me that Colin McGowan put the initial 300k into the club to save from closure. I can remember Ronnie taking the praise for doing this, certainly never any mention of McGowan

News to me too, BB. Seemed from what Les said, that it was CMcG who was the first to put up funds with only a couple of days to go before liguidation. Ronnie was always seen as the savoiur and was publically quoted as such. No idea whether the two knew each other then, but it was clear that they all seem pals now. As to who put what into the Save HAFC pot, we have no real facts.

However, I took up Les's offer to look at Companies House. This shows the Football Club with Directors as Les Gray (Appt 1/8/03), Alan Maitland (Appt 20/3/12), Colin McGowan (15/9/14) and David R MacDonald (18/9/14). I presume the latter IS Ronnie's son.

Seems straightforward then??? Wait!! There is a Standard Security (Mortgage) over the company (HAFC) in favour of Standforth Limited. That company (Standforth) changed its name to D Campbell & Company Limited in 1993. Remember D Campbell had a HAFC association in the past, but it may be that any debt due to Standforth by HAFC {which required a Charge(Mortgage) over HAFC assets} has long been fully repaid and the Charge never been "discharged" from Companies House Records. There is usually a fee to discharge which is why these often remain long after any debt/mortgage has been paid back. But, maybe, there is still something due to Standforth Limited??

Companies House also shows every shareholder in HAFC, so if you have any shares in the Football Club, you will see your name there. An individual, Douglas Park, has 5000 shares. Can a person own shares in more than one football club? It is not an unusual name however so it may not be the obvious DP. Total shares issued are 573,757, with the majority shareholder being Edencrest Limited with 549850. That company appears to be the Stadium Company with havingthe same four directors Gray, Hamilton, McGowan & R MacDonald named by Les on Saturday as those owning the stadium.

In both Standforth & Edencrest, the Annual Accounts are in abbreviated form so not much is available to scrutinise in detail. The HAFC Accounts are submitted up to year end 30 june 2015. Those show a huge swing from a net deficit of £102729 in shareholders funds to a net surplus of £391748. The 2016 accounts are due to be submitted by 31 March 2017, so these will be an interesting read.

For those unfamiliar with company accounts, the fact that HAFC had nearly £400,000 available to the directors, does not mean that they could or should rush out and buy players. The Football Club at June 2015 was fully solvent however, and that was confirmed by Les at the meeting. Directors have indicated that they will continue to be prudent with funds and NOT do what others have done, spend, spend, borrow, borrow, spend to hopefuly achieve success.

Whether we like it or not, we have to trust those in charge to do the right things, having well managed the Club from the tribulations of the Watson Years, and have given us more top flight football than most of us enjoyed under the previous regimes. Whilst I enjoyed visits to Station Park, Brechin's hedge, and Gayfield's sea breeze, I am happy only to revisit those grounds for a Cup Tie.

I had a wee look to and noticed Colin McGowan has dissolved a huge number of companies, wonder what that is about.
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:25 am

porcupine wrote:Looks like "The Herald" had a reporter in last week's meeting or have subsequently interviewed Les soon after. See Wednesday's Herald Sport for more info. on 'Punching above our weight"

SLO has spoken about this on twitter, the headline is not a quote from the chairman fortunately.
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:32 pm

PrideOfLanarkshire wrote:
porcupine wrote:Looks like "The Herald" had a reporter in last week's meeting or have subsequently interviewed Les soon after. See Wednesday's Herald Sport for more info. on 'Punching above our weight"

SLO has spoken about this on twitter, the headline is not a quote from the chairman fortunately.

Thanks for clarifying POL, the headline isn't a direct quote from Les.
Email: sean@acciesfc.co.uk
Twitter: @AcciesFCSLO
Phone: 01698 368650
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:35 pm

porcupine wrote:

Could this turnaround be down to the Andreu transfer? Obviously there's the extra sponsorship revenue from being in the Premier, larger crowds and we got some compo from Norwich for Neil leaving but Andreu's transfer was supposedly for around a million.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Previous

Return to The Accies