New Player

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

New Player

Postby smsp28 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:15 am

We have a Croatian player on trial, played 10 years in German Bundesliga, very skilful and pacey winger/number 10.
smsp28
Pub League

Re: New Player

Postby judgeflash » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:29 am

name?? club?? I saw a tall black guy sitting next to Gramoz in the crowd.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby smsp28 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:54 am

Stiven Rivic, ex Schalke and Kaiserslautern.

http://smotri.com/video/view/?id=v28241333eba

Thoughts?
smsp28
Pub League

Postby Stodmeister » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:41 pm

Sounds about right , looks as though he's more successful as a DJ producer so maybe he could also do the half time announcements and entertainment.
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby judgeflash » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:54 pm

That's definitely not the guy I seen sitting with Gramoz! haha.
A tall black guy was sat beside Gramoz, he seemed to be speaking German too.

according to Wiki, he played 12 games with Kaiser, zero with shalke. He's been playing third tier german football.
More worrying, in the past 10 years he's only made 67 appearances. Fuck.me.
Last edited by judgeflash on Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby smsp28 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:57 pm

Take my word for it, he will be your best player and definitely most skilful one.
smsp28
Pub League

Postby judgeflash » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:58 pm

smsp28 wrote:Take my word for it, he will be your best player and definitely most skilful one.

Are you the scout behind this 67 apperances in 10 years player?
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Stodmeister » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:00 pm

Can he play full back? ;)
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:07 pm

Big gaps on his CV. What was he doing from 2007-2010 and from 2014 until now. Sounds like another Augestein type of signing; played at a good level once but will be found out after a couple of games in the Premier. You'd think some of these no hopers would get found out at the training stage!

Just looked again, seems he was with Cottbus 2006-2010 but his spell playing for their reserves is also included in his Wiki out of sequence.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:18 pm

judgeflash wrote:That's definitely not the guy I seen sitting with Gramoz! haha.

according to Wiki, he played 12 games with Kaiser, zero with shalke. He's been playing third tier german football.

Apparently that was Sowah.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:48 pm

accies1874 wrote:
judgeflash wrote:That's definitely not the guy I seen sitting with Gramoz! haha.

Apparently that was Sowah.

..wtf. haha.

as I said. 67 apps in 10 years is absolute dire. If you can't get games in 3rd tier football, you must be injury prone, shite or both.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby WAC » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:35 pm

He was one of the guys go was meant to turn up last week but got a better offer from cumnock juniors
WAC
Seaside Leagues

Postby smc4761 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:59 pm

I appreciate that we are wee diddy club with no support punching way above our weigh, yeah yeah but do we not have some sort of scouting system in place. As a wee diddy club I would not expect a huge network of scouts but most other clubs seem to be able to find decent talent at lower or similar levels to us

We spend a lot of money comparitively speaking on our acadamy and up to under 20 level they seem to do well then what happens. The idea of the academy i assume is to produce talent, have them play for 1st team then move them on. When was the last time we moved someone on for a decent amount Steven Hendrie? We have a few in the first team just now who do OK but cannot see them going anytime soon for big bucks

Does the academy provide value for money?
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:24 pm

Hopefully he sorts the music out before the game and gets rid of that stupid bits and pieces crap. Don't care if he's crap at football sorts that out he'll do for me.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:23 am

smc4761 wrote:I appreciate that we are wee diddy club with no support punching way above our weigh, yeah yeah but do we not have some sort of scouting system in place. As a wee diddy club I would not expect a huge network of scouts but most other clubs seem to be able to find decent talent at lower or similar levels to us

We spend a lot of money comparitively speaking on our acadamy and up to under 20 level they seem to do well then what happens. The idea of the academy i assume is to produce talent, have them play for 1st team then move them on. When was the last time we moved someone on for a decent amount Steven Hendrie? We have a few in the first team just now who do OK but cannot see them going anytime soon for big bucks

Does the academy provide value for money?

I think our academy has been great, the next one to move for big money will be Ali Crawford (if we keep putting him in the shop window) and Greg Docherty who i rate highly.

RE the new player' apparently he has been a DJ the last few years and hasn't played much, bizarre if true. But like them all i will always give as player a chance before i judge.
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby Montrose Week » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:04 am

If true, this is just another embarrassing waste of time that is doing nothing except scaring fans away from our ever dwindling support.

Sign a Right Back & Striker who we are aware of, does not need to cost a fortune and we stay in Top League for 4rth season in a row, would our glorious board not love the publicity from that achievement ?
Montrose Week
Pub League

Postby Stodmeister » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:06 pm

We've got to have a better scouting network than this , a guy who has not played for 2 years, c'mon someone must have the finger on the pulse somewhere. is this just an agent taking a punt , maybe same one as Kurtaj.

There are players in the Vanarama Conference Northern Division that would probably do us a job , more teams are considering players from the lower levels due to the success of players like Jamie Vardie.

AFC Fylde ,who are top of that Division have a striker , Danny Rowe , who has scored 33 goals so far this season , he is a big powerful striker who holds the ball up well and bangs the goals in.
Of course some of these teams are paying big money , I think Fylde are being bank rolled by a millionaire.

Some of the players at this level may not want to turn full time but surely they're worth a look at ,Darlington left back Danny Galbraith is another worth consideration.

Nevertheless do we have anyone looking at the lower leagues in England or even taking in Scottish lower leagues?
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:39 pm

I'm all for giving players a chance to see what they can do but it's fair to be sceptical with this alleged target and his alleged record. If we were able to match Andreu's wages then we must be able to find our place in tbe market and get in what we need or prioritise.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:40 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:I'm all for giving players a chance to see what they can do but it's fair to be sceptical with this alleged target and his alleged record. If we were able to match Andreu's wages then we must be able to find our place in tbe market and get in what we need or prioritise.

I do wish I could have some of what you have.

"If we were able to match Andreu's wages" more propaganda from the club! we were not able to match his wages that is why he is at Dundee UTD. We would have offered the usual £50 and bag ow chips.

Keep telling you this and it will be ok!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:36 pm

Stodmeister wrote:We've got to have a better scouting network than this , a guy who has not played for 2 years, c'mon someone must have the finger on the pulse somewhere. is this just an agent taking a punt , maybe same one as Kurtaj.

There are players in the Vanarama Conference Northern Division that would probably do us a job , more teams are considering players from the lower levels due to the success of players like Jamie Vardie.

AFC Fylde ,who are top of that Division have a striker , Danny Rowe , who has scored 33 goals so far this season , he is a big powerful striker who holds the ball up well and bangs the goals in.
Of course some of these teams are paying big money , I think Fylde are being bank rolled by a millionaire.

Some of the players at this level may not want to turn full time but surely they're worth a look at ,Darlington left back Danny Galbraith is another worth consideration.

Nevertheless do we have anyone looking at the lower leagues in England or even taking in Scottish lower leagues?

Fancy a job as our chief scout. You seem to be more aware than what we have at present. We will pay you £20 a week and as many pies as you like at home games
smc4761
Premiership

Next

Return to The Accies