Message to Board

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Message to Board

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:42 pm

Joemcc wrote:
Bomber Harris wrote:
Montrose Week wrote:For Bomber Harris,
Would have replied earlier but dont read this very often now for obvious reasons, There were no invitations to meal it was as straight forward as making a phone call and giving your details.

Les & Canzo both made themselves available to be fair and actually answered anything that was asked with Les taking the more awkward questions.

I would love Canzo to either leave or return to the defence and let a real manager take over by the way before you accuse me of Happy Clapping ;]

only 100 spaces where made available to season book holders. I'd say there's more than 100 season book holders. As for Canning returning to the defence imo he's finished as a footballer at the top level and for management well let's just leave that one.

Yes there are more than 100 ST holders but it's hardly realistic to expect the club to invite them all to a free meal - there are space issues for a start.
The club emailed an offer to all ST holders inviting them to apply - they can't be held accountable if you were to slow in applying.

You sure it was ALL season ticket holders? I didn't get an email.
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby porcupine » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:28 pm

Nor I, POL. Understand it was a wee bit in the Club's Official Web-site which was the invite. As this web-site rarely contains any 'live' news, other than historical stuff, it's no surprise that the invitation was missed by many who might have been there.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Joemcc » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:12 pm

Maybe they don't have your current email POL or porcupine ?

In any event, if they were being selective in their invites, as you are suggesting - how would they know who you were from your username on here ?
Joemcc
Pub League

Postby redandwhite1874 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:46 pm

I picked it up from the Twitter feed.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:26 pm

Joemcc wrote:Maybe they don't have your current email POL or porcupine ?

No, they have my email, but maybe they have finally understood that they have probably contavened the Data Protection Act by at least twice disclosing all season ticket holders emails publically rather than use the Blind Copy (B.c.c.) facility :oops: Or there again, maybe not :roll: :roll:

I also belatedly noticed the traffic about the meal invite on the Club's Twitter feed, as R&W1874 points out.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Euan » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:02 am

I noticed it on the official site but got no email. I didn't go for the meal, just the game.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:30 am

Who cares it was ages ago.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby sectiona » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:31 am

Me and several others I know did not receive an email either.
sectiona
Seaside Leagues

Postby judgeflash » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:22 pm

Question for the board -

why do they refuse to let go of any power within the club, we have apparently for numerous seasons rejected plans from several individuals who wished to inject money into the club. Why was a deal never secured that would enable the growth of our youth policy, whilst allowing proper funding for the bread and butter, the FIRST TEAM.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:33 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:Who cares it was ages ago.

Quite a lot of people, BH. WHY? Look at the heading of this thread again - "Message to Board"

It's a big IF, but hopefully there will be another opportunity for fans to meet with Les to discuss the many good points raised on this thread. Any future invitation coming from the Club to its supporters (Season Ticket Holders or otherwise) has to be communicated to all in an open, non-selective manner.

Otherwise, there will be the suggestion that certain elements of the support were not given their chance to raise their questions with those in charge.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Joemcc » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:04 pm

porcupine wrote:
Joemcc wrote:Maybe they don't have your current email POL or porcupine ?

No, they have my email, but maybe they have finally understood that they have probably contavened the Data Protection Act by at least twice disclosing all season ticket holders emails publically rather than use the Blind Copy (B.c.c.) facility :oops: Or there again, maybe not :roll: :roll:

I also belatedly noticed the traffic about the meal invite on the Club's Twitter feed, as R&W1874 points out.

I assume you must receive other emails from the club which proves they have your correct email address. But given your statement about not using bcc don't you think it's possible the person sending mails maybe can't cut and paste correctly either so miss some emails by accident when sending them - rather than them selectively picking out people to exclude as you suggest.
Given their general amateurish efforts at communications that seems more likely than it being some deliberate policy to exclude certain people
Joemcc
Pub League

Postby Montrose Week » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:34 pm

Spot on Joemcc.

Accies get a lot wrong but the dinner & forum before Hearts game was actually one of there better ideas.

With the size of our support and the amount of media outlets available today, anyone missing out was just unlucky or as you say a victim of our historically poor customer relations.
Montrose Week
Pub League

Postby Bomber Harris » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:19 pm

porcupine wrote:
Bomber Harris wrote:Who cares it was ages ago.

Quite a lot of people, BH. WHY? Look at the heading of this thread again - "Message to Board"

It's a big IF, but hopefully there will be another opportunity for fans to meet with Les to discuss the many good points raised on this thread. Any future invitation coming from the Club to its supporters (Season Ticket Holders or otherwise) has to be communicated to all in an open, non-selective manner.

Otherwise, there will be the suggestion that certain elements of the support were not given their chance to raise their questions with those in charge.

My comment was aimed at the free meal not the actual thread. Was getting a bit boring but thankfully the thread is back on track. Cheers ta.
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Yummy Fur » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:46 pm

I don't think anyone was sent an emailed invitation for the meal / forum. The way I remember it was that the offer was put on the Acciesfc twitter feed and the first 100 season ticket holders to email Accies commercial dept would qualify. I emailed and received this response:-

Good Afternoon,

The club are delighted that you have taken up the offer for a 2 course meal and access to a pay bar for the match between Accies and Hearts on Monday 21st November 2016.

• Doors will open at 5.30pm
• Access will be through the front door in the main stand
• Season books will be used for entry so please make sure you bring them. You will be turned away if you haven’t got your season book with you.
• If you can’t make the times and wish to cancel please can you inform me so another supporter can take your place as there is a reserve list. Thank you.

Finally I look forward to seeing you all at the match on the 21st.

Any further information you require please feel free to contact me.

It seems to me that no elements were excluded but quite simply if you didn't email you didn't get. It was a well arranged evening with Martin Canning answering questions honestly, openly and articulately.
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bomber Harris » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:48 pm

Yummy Fur wrote:I don't think anyone was sent an emailed invitation for the meal / forum. The way I remember it was that the offer was put on the Acciesfc twitter feed and the first 100 season ticket holders to email Accies commercial dept would qualify. I emailed and received this response:-

Good Afternoon,

The club are delighted that you have taken up the offer for a 2 course meal and access to a pay bar for the match between Accies and Hearts on Monday 21st November 2016.

• Season books will be used for entry so please make sure you bring them. You will be turned away if you haven’t got your season book with you.
• If you can’t make the times and wish to cancel please can you inform me so another supporter can take your place as there is a reserve list. Thank you.

It seems to me that no elements were excluded but quite simply if you didn't email you didn't get. It was a well arranged evening with Martin Canning answering questions honestly, openly and articulately.

I got an email.
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Yummy Fur » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:53 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:
Yummy Fur wrote:I don't think anyone was sent an emailed invitation for the meal / forum. The way I remember it was that the offer was put on the Acciesfc twitter feed and the first 100 season ticket holders to email Accies commercial dept would qualify. I emailed and received this response:-

Good Afternoon,

I got an email.

Must of just been the happy clappers that got personal invites ;)

Did you go?
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bomber Harris » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:54 pm

Right Mr Admin please send this thread to drivel asap. This thread now has as much interest as accies fattest fans and accies pies threads. Had a read at some of the stuff there. Highly amusing. Send this to drivel now.
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby WAC » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:13 am

I got an email , messaged back and never got a reply . Must know me as an anti board/canning . Can just imagine mcgowan, fat Alan and twatty sitting sharing a packet of.haribos picking names that meet their criteria for some easy questions .
WAC
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:13 pm

There seems to be an appetite for some kinds of group action regarding the club, talk of boycott's etc, although its not exactly clear who is organising it or just publicising it.

Has anyone ever actually spoke to Les or otherwise formally approached any of the directors etc who are all easily accessible at games or U20 games?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:43 pm

This today from the Daily Record, so it must be true

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/loca ... wide%20p$4

Is this true cuase I have heard very little about this
smc4761
Premiership

PreviousNext

Return to The Accies