Inexcusable

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Inexcusable

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:17 pm

No excuses,time is up.We have lost 1/3 of our support due to this clown.
It shows how bad we are that McGhee and his players were laughing at the Accies support at the end of the game.

Any Accies fan who thinks playing over 60 minutes against a ten man,mediocre Well team is acceptable are also part of the problem.No ambition and prepared to accept this dross.

A blind man can see this isn't working.Will The BOD do a Billy Reid and wait until it is too late before changing it?If so,it shows their level of ambition.

Absolutely scunnered and sick of this groundhog day scenario.We are losing fans by the week with this stubbornness.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Re: Inexcusable

Postby Big Wurzil » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:24 pm

Totally agree.

Happening too often now for opposition players to even worry about playing with 10 or going a goal down.

Who is a realistic replacement?
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby accies1874 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:43 pm

Spot on, YOH. Today was just awful.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:04 pm

I'd be happy to see Canning go but today was really down to the players. We could argue about the starting line up and the way we began the game, but ultimately we dominated with the extra man, played well but couldn't finish off good moves. That's the players fault. But that's as gutting as it gets. If we stay up it will be forgotten about but I think this team has forgotten how to win and that must have been a kick in the guts for them too. Still not bottom but I wouldn't be surprised if Inverness sack Foran and maybe even get Hughes back.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:38 pm

The loss of support says more about these people than anyone at the club. We are 4 points below Motherwell; are we really saying that's the difference between a team supported and one not supported by its 'fans'? When they were struggling at the bottom they stuck by their team and helped them along the way - we just need to admit that our rivals have a more loyal support, and perhaps so do most teams.

PS Are we doing the same as last year with everyone wanting a separate thread for every wee nuance of their 'Canning out' position?

PPS Are we doing the same as last year with everyone then wanting us to forget these multiple threads and their absolute certainties of doom and gloom if we avoid relegation ? :D

Happy New Year
Last edited by redandwhite1874 on Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby glasgow accie » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:52 pm

:roll:
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby Yummy Fur » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:23 pm

Horrible finish to the game, however the only consolation is the opportunity to indulge in a bit of hysterical over reaction watching on social media where words like "disgusting", "ashamed" and "disgrace" are being thrown around like confetti, board statements are being demanded and in other news we've climbed off the bottom.

Rightfully after the Richard Roy release there is demands that we employ a manager who only signs players who are guaranteed to be successful like Mark Warburton (Barton / Senderos) or Robbie Neilson (Conor Sammon / Tony Watt) or for that matter any other manager.

Canning is still in the safest job in football and would of been sacked by any other team (an enquiry has been demanded) and in other news Richie Foran remains in a job as does Alex Neil (Davie Moyes etc..............).

The Board have no ambition and don't care whether we get relegated or not and in other news Hibs remain in the Championship for a 3rd year and Dundee Utd get beaten by Dumbarton in the 2nd tier of Scottish football (worse SPL but great Championship - go figure).

I fear if D'Acol smiles during the MoM award or if a young player has the audacity to mention his winter break to Tenerife then the internet might be broken.

Anyway for anyone bored or lonely tonight for a bit of fun compare and contrast the Accies fan social media with St Mirren's (who also lost a last minute equaliser to their 10 men derby opponents) or ICT's.

We deserve better!
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:30 pm

Well said that man.

We still have lots to fight for; but its becoming more about them than the team or the club. Can everyone just look at the league table and then please think carefully about what it tells you - what it tells me is that nothing is certain or absolute or decided.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby The Bajan Bandit » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:36 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:I'd be happy to see Canning go but today was really down to the players .

Sorry but the last 20 minutes in the first half the tactics were disgusting from Canning , we were set up with 3 centre halfs against Moult , Donatti slightly in front of them with to top it all of (did anyone else notice?) Gillespie man marking McDonald , that was 20 minutes wasted where we could have been positive and had a real go yet this man can get to play manager knowing for him results do not matter as he will never lose his job as long as he tows the party line .

I truly think he spends all week telling the players how good the opposition are draining them of any confidence they might have .

Today was the last straw as he shot down the tunnel it was us fans who had to take the gloating & taunting from Motherwell fans , players , coaching staff as our esteemed Manager was no where to be seen .

Totally disgusted today yet for Canning it will be swept under the carpet and "hey ho" its everyone else's fault .
The Bajan Bandit
Seaside Leagues

Postby beckfordlodge » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:49 pm

I think when you look at team selection each week and see players that have been consistently poor walk into the team then it's obvious that the manager is unable to make the transition from player to player manager then manger. He has obviously built up a friendship with a lot of the players he played with or coached as youths and is unable to make the tough decisions when required and separate the friendship from the managers job. We can go on all day about his inabilities as a manager, team selection, tactics etc but a good manager knows when to make the big calls and he can't.

On the other hand if Canning was solely responsible for looking at and making the decision to sign Richard Roy then I despair that anyone could watch RR and think he was a player.
beckfordlodge
Pub League

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:06 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:Well said that man.

We still have lots to fight for; but its becoming more about them than the team or the club. Can everyone just look at the league table and then please think carefully about what it tells you - what it tells me is that nothing is certain or absolute or decided.

What it tells anyone who knows football is that we have a group of players who can't grind out a win in 11/12 attempts;a team who have won TWO League games all season.A Manager who has turned a large chunk of our fan base away from the club-many of them long standing fans of 30-50 years and a side who have played three home games against ten men and won NONE of them.

Anyone happy with that is part of the problem.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:14 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:

What it tells anyone who knows football is that we have a group of players who can't grind out a win in 11/12 attempts;a team who have won TWO League games all season.A Manager who has turned a large chunk of our fan base away from the club-many of them long standing fans of 30-50 years and a side who have played three home games against ten men and won NONE of them.

I would suggest fans of 30-50 years would have known far worse times than this, from far worse managers, certainly far worse players and absolutely far worse league positions. The performance / attendance criteria being applied by some of the current 'support' would have probably meant there being no club if the same had been applied to perhaps 80% of this club's history. If folk are giving up now having survived the 60s , 70s, 80s and / or 90s then its a victory for nostalgia over reality.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:53 pm

league table shows we are 2nd bottom 3 points from 10th a gap that's getting bigger week by week.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:19 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:

Today and Celtic, what was the other one?
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:22 pm

I was as gutted as anyone by that late concession.

But I've yet to hear a turnaround plan - including a credible managerial appointment - that justifies a panic sacking.

(Not) incidentally, if we'd won 1-0 today, we'd still be in exactly the same position in the league.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:54 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:I was as gutted as anyone by that late concession.

But I've yet to hear a turnaround plan - including a credible managerial appointment - that justifies a panic sacking.

(Not) incidentally, if we'd won 1-0 today, we'd still be in exactly the same position in the league.

still same position but only one point behind 10th not 3. That's the difference. Gap is getting bigger every week. 3 points is one win but with 2 wins all season that is a worrying situation. It's wouldn't be a panic sacking. it would be a justified sacking
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:53 am

Still same position ??? So you think we are still bottom then :D ;)

It's hard to keep up in this fake news, post truth accies world.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:56 am

redandwhite1874 wrote:Still same position ??? So you think we are still bottom then :D ;)

It's hard to keep up in this fake news, post truth accies world.

11th last week and 11th is the same position but why would I think we're still bottom when we now have more points than ICT?
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Return to The Accies