Jan 2017 Transfer Market

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Jan 2017 Transfer Market

Postby Jacobsladder » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:02 pm

What does the squad need to keep us up and will Les & the board give canzo any money to do it ?
Jacobsladder
Pub League

Re: Jan 2017 Transfer Market

Postby WAC » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:38 pm

Clownzo was in the paper just 10 days ago saying he wouldn't be signing anyone.

My assesment, seabourne is a bombscare and sowah looks to.be on his way out so surely a defender is needed.

Docherty and kurtaj injured with super ali hopefully away we surely need a midfielder or 2.

Roy must be off and our other 3 strikers have managed a grand total of 7 goals between them, however we are accies and don't get goalscorers
WAC
Seaside Leagues

Postby judgeflash » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:55 pm

Hopefully we can hold onto Sowah. DESPERATELY need some defenders.
Seabourne was bad for Partick and has continued that form with us. Devlin/Sarris are the chuckle brothers. Jesus out till next year, Mcmann shows promise, gillespie is better in midfield than on the wing.

Does anyone know if Binghams contract was for the year or 6months ala Roy ?
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Gaspode » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:17 pm

judgeflash wrote:Hopefully we can hold onto Sowah. DESPERATELY need some defenders.
Seabourne was bad for Partick and has continued that form with us. Devlin/Sarris are the chuckle brothers. Jesus out till next year, Mcmann shows promise, gillespie is better in midfield than on the wing.

Does anyone know if Binghams contract was for the year or 6months ala Roy ?

Bingham signed a new deal till the end of next season i believe.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby accies123 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:39 pm

Seen on twitter that they asked jesus how his rehab was going and when he would be back and he said "hopefully soon if everything goes to plan ".
Don't know if that would fix the defence though
accies123
Pub League

Postby H9crx » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:31 pm

loy for Roy

Rory Loy been told he can go or out on loan in Jan. Get shot of that clown Roy and bring in loy.

But it's accies was will get zamzibub ziear from outermongolia.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:37 pm

H9crx wrote:loy for Roy

Rory Loy been told he can go or out on loan in Jan. Get shot of that clown Roy and bring in loy.

But it's accies was will get zamzibub ziear from outermongolia.

How has Loy been getting on at Dundee, a club below us in the league?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:50 pm

Merry Xmas

My fist post in a while and BOOM red and white is up my ass!

Played out of position in Dundee would do us a turn in the #22 position. But we know you would rather see zamzibub or Roy extended.

Happy new year!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:48 pm

Accies don't sign players in January. Is usually February when sign shite like Diaby, Sumsky, and Augistein.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:31 pm

H9crx wrote:Merry Xmas

My fist post in a while and BOOM red and white is up my ass!

Played out of position in Dundee would do us a turn in the #22 position. But we know you would rather see zamzibub or Roy extended.

Happy new year!

Interesting, always thought he was a striker but if you have seen enough of him to judge that Hartley can't see he is an attacking centre midfielder then fair enough. It certainly explains why he hasn't produced his guaranteed 15 goals a seasons; even though having lost Hemmings and Stewart you would have thought Dundee would be wanting to fit him into their system.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Euan » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:01 am

Priority should be to sign Sowah for another 18 months.
Loy on a free would be a good shout, especially if Ali goes, as he could play as an attacking/linking midfielder.
Ziggy is available to sign a pre contract, what about a cheeky bid to get him back.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:10 pm

Euan wrote:Priority should be to sign Sowah for another 18 months.
Loy on a free would be a good shout, especially if Ali goes, as he could play as an attacking/linking midfielder.
Ziggy is available to sign a pre contract, what about a cheeky bid to get him back.

Sowah defenetly
Loy no chance don't need him anyway
Ziggy more chance of me playing right back than him
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:32 pm

We need a right-back and probably a centre-back, too. I like D'Acol, but he's not gonna score goals. We have a wafer thin squad - Docherty being injured has shown that we also don't have many midfielders!
Sadly, it'll be the usual bargain bin of duds who can't even look good in the YouTube reel.
Richard Roy is an absolute joke. He's stolen a wage since August. We've actually spent money keeping him at the club, and he doesn't even get a game for the Development Squad!
accies1874
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:46 pm

accies123 wrote:Seen on twitter that they asked jesus how his rehab was going and when he would be back and he said "hopefully soon if everything goes to plan ".
Don't know if that would fix the defence though

my fear is, even with rehab of that bad injury, even if he came back in January, he's probably not gonna be match fit till the end of the season?
We have already invested millions into our youth setup, it's on point and very beneficial, we should compliment it with bolstering our main squad too. Donati for example will be able to mentor a lot of the youngsters, having played at the highest level in multiple countries, he's probably on a decent wage too *for an accies player*
I was shocked when we let big Lucas go, he showed a lot of promise, what he lacked in pace he made up for in bravery. Seabourne/Roy should be released asap.
Lets hope Sowah stays and we can bolster our defence and midfield. We are just not going to get a 10+ goal a season striker with our budget, D'Acol has done well with what little service he has got.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:17 pm

I think we're being very misty-eyed about JGT. He was hardly great before his injury.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Gaspode » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:44 am

accies1874 wrote:I think we're being very misty-eyed about JGT. He was hardly great before his injury.

What Tena does give us at the back is someone who is comfortable with the ball at his feet and who can actually find a player with a pass, unlike our Captain!
Gaspode
Championship

Postby NathanBreen19 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:58 am

As an Accies fan I want Canning out because he doesn't know what he is doing in the manager role. 2 wins and 11 draws this season is nothing enough to stay up and our style of football is crap. In the January transfer window is Canning wants to keep his job he needs a clinical striker who will score goals like Kilmarnock striker Coulibaly and a defender who can win the ball in the air. I want to be unrealistic and get Alan pardew as our manager and red bull can sponsor us so we can have lots of money to make decent signings and create a crowd of fans ;)
NathanBreen19
Pub League

Postby Yer Sisters Yer Maw » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:44 am

NathanBreen19 wrote:As an Accies fan I want Canning out because he doesn't know what he is doing in the manager role. 2 wins and 11 draws this season is nothing enough to stay up and our style of football is crap. In the January transfer window is Canning wants to keep his job he needs a clinical striker who will score goals like Kilmarnock striker Coulibaly and a defender who can win the ball in the air. I want to be unrealistic and get Alan pardew as our manager and red bull can sponsor us so we can have lots of money to make decent signings and create a crowd of fans ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: I want Messi at NDP but it's not going to happen. I'm in favour of Canning leaving but ffs be realistic. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yer Sisters Yer Maw
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:22 am

Why are we not phoning all the clubs we have contacts with down south and getting a right and left back on loan? I think we should be looking at Loy!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby WAC » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:59 am

Striker is a must.And we will.Need to push the boat out to beat clubs around us looking for the same.

No decent striker coming in and we are down.

Jesus coming back in is like a new signing as long he can get fit pretty quick and keeping sowah would be good .

Can't see ali going anywhere but if he does we need someone to replace him with Docherty out.

Would take Carlton morris back on a loan deal.
WAC
Seaside Leagues

Next

Return to The Accies