Jan 2017 Transfer Market

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Jan 2017 Transfer Market

Postby judgeflash » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:11 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:
judgeflash wrote:
Stevie Clarke wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usEvPWB3KQo

Looks encouraging. Can play left back too. Two footed which is nice. Would say he's more 5ft 9 than 5 11.

According to twitter, he's played an average of 15 games per season for the past 5 years? :S just like our other signing? Lets hope both are match fit and ready to go!

Accies twitter said don't believe his wiki and Blair Adams has played regularly in 2013-2016, it's just this season he's been out of favour at Cambridge.

Bit of a coincidence that is the case for both players?

I'm keen to see them play. Hopefully both are match fit and won't take months to get into shape. A natural LB or RB would be great.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:22 pm

[quote="judgeflashAccies twitter said don't believe his wiki and Blair Adams has played regularly in 2013-2016, it's just this season he's been out of favour at Cambridge.[/quote]
Bit of a coincidence that is the case for both players?

I'm keen to see them play. Hopefully both are match fit and won't take months to get into shape. A natural LB or RB would be great.[/quote]

Not sure what you mean, from Adams wiki you can see he's played 107 times in the last three and a half years.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:04 pm

ignore me mate, wires crossed :)
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby The Bajan Bandit » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:57 pm

Morris was the striker I hoped to get to back but joined Rotherham I await the next Diaby now .
The Bajan Bandit
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:02 pm

The Bajan Bandit wrote:Morris was the striker I hoped to get to back but joined Rotherham I await the next Diaby now .

Don't wait for him now........it will be another 4 weeks before any freebies start to arrive? :D
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:55 pm

Last two January Deadline Days have brought Diaby and Sumsky. Can't wait for who we've got in the pipeline.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:33 pm

It would seem both full backs can play on either side. Might mean young McMann dropping out but he's done well and has time on his side. For now, we need a bit of class and experience. Notice Hearts have signed a Greek lad with even less recent game time than Skondras.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:43 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:It would seem both full backs can play on either side. Might mean young McMann dropping out but he's done well and has time on his side. For now, we need a bit of class and experience. Notice Hearts have signed a Greek lad with even less recent game time than Skondras.

If these 2 defenders work out to be of a decent standard *adams looked like a very good attacking wb* , i think just one or two more signings *striker and a creative mid?* and we should really be competing for 7th/8th in the table. We have some class players, just a lot of individual mistakes, which go unpunished due to how light out squad is.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:27 pm

judgeflash wrote:
Stevie Clarke wrote:It would seem both full backs can play on either side. Might mean young McMann dropping out but he's done well and has time on his side. For now, we need a bit of class and experience. Notice Hearts have signed a Greek lad with even less recent game time than Skondras.

If these 2 defenders work out to be of a decent standard *adams looked like a very good attacking wb* , i think just one or two more signings *striker and a creative mid?* and we should really be competing for 7th/8th in the table. We have some class players, just a lot of individual mistakes, which go unpunished due to how light out squad is.

Bear in mind last night we had Docherty, Kurtaj and Longridge out injured. I doubt we'll see any midfield singings with Greg due back soon. No idea the extent of Kurtaj's injury.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Previous

Return to The Accies