All Seated Stadium????

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

All Seated Stadium????

Postby porcupine » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:39 am

Not much evidence of police or stewards enforcing that on Friday night! Away support seemed to be standing throughout in both stands. What happened in the Main stand?
porcupine
Premiership

Re: All Seated Stadium????

Postby Bomber Harris » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:19 am

absolutely no segregation between Accies fans and rangers fans. Stewards seemed lost what to do untill polis appeared at half time. total shambles it was. Think accies should start looking elsewhere for a real stewarding company. wheelchair fans attacked with missiles, Rangers fans running on the park, hospitality given a free reign to noise up accies fans untill 4 polis lifted one at half time in fact miby accies should take a look at the hospitality arrangements from now on when the ugly glasgow sisters come to town.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:36 pm

If they're going to give sections A & B to away fans, they have to designate a certain section to standing. Otherwise they're just asking for fans to cause arguments with each other.
Standing's fine, and people do it at every home and away game, but it isn't fair for those whose view is obstructed because of the club's incompetence.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:37 am

I suspect that the Club are prepared to turn a Nelsonian Eye to the problems/potential issues on one visit a year from the OF to NDP/SSS. The significant increased income from gate money/hospitality sales and other sources will be the upermost in their minds.

There were some seriously fuelled-up people around us, spouting foul and abusive language in the Family Stand. These, whom we have never seen before, and hopefully never see again, were ignore by the few stewards visible.

It will be interesting to see if the problems, identified by others, manifest themselves again next week, or whether the Club have learned anything from last Friday. Call me a cynic, but I doubt it. :roll:

Good Organisation-Hamilton Acccies. Are they ever found in the same sentence?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:15 am

porcupine wrote:I suspect that the Club are prepared to turn a Nelsonian Eye to the problems/potential issues on one visit a year from the OF to NDP/SSS. The significant increased income from gate money/hospitality sales and other sources will be the upermost in their minds.

There were some seriously fuelled-up people around us, spouting foul and abusive language in the Family Stand. These, whom we have never seen before, and hopefully never see again, were ignore by the few stewards visible.

It will be interesting to see if the problems, identified by others, manifest themselves again next week, or whether the Club have learned anything from last Friday. Call me a cynic, but I doubt it. :roll:

Good Organisation-Hamilton Acccies. Are they ever found in the same sentence?

..We have a family section? I think we only have 2 sections, the A section, filled with youths and the rest. :lol:
Pretty shocking to be honest, I took my nephew along, I could not see in front of me thanks to the 'young team' of our own supporters who wanted to stand the whole game, so we had to go further back in the seating. Between rows a - j it looked to have only 2 stewards inbetween fans, which was quite the shocker. I've seen some hostile away fans before...but Rangers are perhaps now up there with Scumdee for worst behaved. Food/Drinks/Money being thrown is quite the shocker, considering the police presence how only one person was arrested I'll not know.
When walking into the car park after the game, my nephew is having to listen to 'upto fenian blood' etc...So I go to the police officer standing observing "is sectarianism no longer a crime?" to which he gave a smirk. That about sums up the police presence and security on the night.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:50 pm

I understood that Section H was opened originally, and still is, a Family Section, but like many times at Accies, this is conveniently forgotten on the visit of the two big O F supports. Fortunately, we have been spared the extremes of the Rangers support for the past few seasons until last week. The resultant issues highlighted, are the price of being in, and enjoying the 'benefits' of, the Premier Division.

Section H is usually trouble free of bad, far less foul and abusive, language. This is a good thing for the number of young children who sit there with granparents or parents, and who are the future support of the Club. We all know that many will hear the same words elsewhere, but it is hardly asking a lot of the Club Officials to ensure that their future paying customers are not intimidated by drunken and abusive idiots.

Did the Club think that the Policing and Stewarding last Friday was effective and value for money?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:23 pm

Porcupine - I think I was sitting in the same area, those fans you refer to were Accies fans. Language was disgusting with kids were sitting nearby. Some fans elsewhere getting on their high horse but are quite happy to sing songs about kicking a Motherwell fan to death. Not condoning for one second the repugnant elements of the visiting support, thankfully I was nowhere near it. They should be called out for their fenian songs just as Celtic fans should be called out when they inevitably start singing about the IRA.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:51 am

[quote="Stevie Clarke"]Porcupine - I think I was sitting in the same area, those fans you refer to were Accies fans. Language was disgusting with kids were sitting nearby. quote}

Yes, SC, same area, same two/three people. Accies Fans? Never. Accies supporters? Questionable, as I've never noticed or heard them before. I suspect they were at the game as a one-off, perhaps on some sort of junket with loads of pre-match drinks. Sadly, OF games appear to bring out the worst of 'so-called' supporters for teams, even ours.

Hopefully, some of the kids were not put off, though I know of two who previously came as youngsters, but were intimidated by those about them, and the language used. Those 'supporters' were finallly told not to come back but the damage had been done by that time.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby WAC » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:48 am

The OF fans get away with murder cause there's always a large amount. The police pick on the smaller clubs to make their arrests so they keep their funding for the football by the government.
WAC
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bomber Harris » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:05 am

Got to laugh at moaners on here complaining about foul and abusive nonsense that goes on at the football. It's no bloody church your going to ffs. I take my kids and have done for years, took them on the supporters bus to many away games and swearing is part n parcel of the game which btw I'm not condoning but your going on like the kids have never heard swearing before. See if it's a major problem instead of coming on here and complaing go to the closest steward that every section has and make your complaint to him/her. That's there job. Always the same people on here moan after moan about certain accies fans. As for section H the family section I've never heard of this in my puff. Long story short is from last week is the club and stewards F**ked up.
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:05 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:Got to laugh at moaners on here complaining about foul and abusive nonsense that goes on at the football. It's no bloody church your going to ffs. I take my kids and have done for years, took them on the supporters bus to many away games and swearing is part n parcel of the game which btw I'm not condoning but your going on like the kids have never heard swearing before. See if it's a major problem instead of coming on here and complaing go to the closest steward that every section has and make your complaint to him/her. That's there job. Always the same people on here moan after moan about certain accies fans. As for section H the family section I've never heard of this in my puff. Long story short is from last week is the club and stewards F**ked up.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :oops:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:03 pm

Just to put others in the picture too, I was also in the section behind the young team and the atmosphere they generate is fantastic.

I think every away team so far has had an element of their fans standing all through the game, it's no big deal. Seating has killed the atmosphere at games. Look at the atmsphere the celtic fans generate because of their standing area.

As for the missile throwing etc, it was the accies fans that started it when Rangers scored their first and not to mention the attempts by a few of them to rush through the divide towards the Rangers fans until the police and stewards stopped them. When Rangers scored the 2nd the young team got some payback from the Rangers fans which resulted as it always does a couple of innocents getting caught up in it.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:20 pm

porcupine wrote:
Bomber Harris wrote:Got to laugh at moaners on here complaining about foul and abusive nonsense that goes on at the football. It's no bloody church your going to ffs. I take my kids and have done for years, took them on the supporters bus to many away games and swearing is part n parcel of the game which btw I'm not condoning but your going on like the kids have never heard swearing before. See if it's a major problem instead of coming on here and complaing go to the closest steward that every section has and make your complaint to him/her. That's there job. Always the same people on here moan after moan about certain accies fans. As for section H the family section I've never heard of this in my puff. Long story short is from last week is the club and stewards F**ked up.

Aye, if this was twitter, he'd be muted. It's OK to call players "c***s" if you've got wee kids nearby? There's swearing and there's unacceptable swearing and downright nasty abuse. Some eejits just seem to get off saying these words out loud in a crowd.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:10 pm

I have agreed in the past that the 'young team' do help generate atmosphere. it's just a shame they dont sit more centralized throughout the stadium instead of to the side. We have probably the worst atmosphere of any 'big' club with very little in the form of singing being done, at times you can hear a pin drop. The nonsense from both sides was pretty deplorable. One thing I pointed out to my nephew was, most of the Accies 'young team' are just that, teenage kids with loads of built up angst and nonsense in their head, the majority of the Rangers fans I seen throwing items were ADULTS, Ranging from 25-40+ .

Football for the past century has been a predominently 18-50 male dominated crowd, these generally are the ones who are going to be putting their hand in their pocket, paying full price for a ST and some food/drinks etc. If you have kids with you, they are always going to hear swearing, if they're not old enough to perhaps understand that it's not suitable language for every scenario, then they maybe shouldn't be at a live game, yet.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:02 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:[quote/quote]

It's OK to call players "c***s" if you've got wee kids nearby? There's swearing and there's unacceptable swearing and downright nasty abuse.

Thank you! My thoughts exactly. Stewards (and Police) at last OF game in Hamilton conspicious by their absence in our area. Roll on Friday's game :shock:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:26 am

I was sitting/standing in the front row with two elderly men in wheelchairs next to me...one of whom was hit by a coin thrown from "The Hospitality" after the second goal,but he just shrugged.FWIW,it was probably that specky woman in the Hospitality who launched all sorts at our fans right in front of police/stewards who did hee-haw.

We pander too much to the OF-especially their drink fuelled hospitality fans who are invariably worse than their normal supporters.We move and disperse our singing section for these arseholes,so no wonder the youth get frustrayed at this pandering-so do I and many others.

Look after our own fans first and to hell with giving them 1/3 of The Main Stand.Maybe if we put more effort into coaxing our stay away support to the games,we wouldn't need to pander to them.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:53 am

Stevie Clarke wrote:
porcupine wrote:

Aye, if this was twitter, he'd be muted. It's OK to call players "c***s" if you've got wee kids nearby? There's swearing and there's unacceptable swearing and downright nasty abuse. Some eejits just seem to get off saying these words out loud in a crowd.

Swearing is swearing which ever way you want to dress it up. It's NOT ok for any swearing when any kids are around but it happens. Miby the club should bring in a family section instead of this made up unofficial section H one that has popped up. Plenty clubs have them where any foul and abusive crap happens you flung out. I think a family section at NDP would be a great idea .
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:54 am

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:
Look after our own fans first and to hell with giving them 1/3 of The Main Stand.Maybe if we put more effort into coaxing our stay away support to the games,we wouldn't need to pander to them.

For £150 a ST we should be turning people away. The club seriously needs to get their marketing team in order.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby judgeflash » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:58 pm

Aye, if this was twitter, he'd be muted. It's OK to call players "c***s" if you've got wee kids nearby? There's swearing and there's unacceptable swearing and downright nasty abuse. Some eejits just seem to get off saying these words out loud in a crowd.[/quote]

Swearing is swearing which ever way you want to dress it up. It's NOT ok for any swearing when any kids are around but it happens. Miby the club should bring in a family section instead of this made up unofficial section H one that has popped up. Plenty clubs have them where any foul and abusive crap happens you flung out. I think a family section at NDP would be a great idea .[/quote]

A family section? we don't have enough fans to fill one bloody stand :shock:
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:40 pm

judgeflash wrote:
A family section? we don't have enough fans to fill one bloody stand :shock:

That's EXACTLY the point!! If we were to invest in a clearly designated Family Section H by monitoring, stewarding and comtrolling those within it, then families could attend the games without feeling sick at some of the language and actions as was displayed last Friday. The fan base has at least the chance of being self-perpetuating, if not increasing, by bringing friends along.

Kids WILL be exposed to bad language at some stage, but there is simply NO excuse for youngsters of age 5 upwards, there with parents or grandparents, to suffer the bile and vitriol even on an odd occasion at NDP/SSS.

Other posters agree that the Club is putting income from OF games, before long standing supporters, and this is a pathetic way to run a business.
Let's hear what happens at the Celtic game, should anyone in authority at Accies have even bothered to read this site. :cry:
porcupine
Premiership

Next

Return to The Accies