The current stats

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

The current stats

Postby Big Wurzil » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:29 pm

Here we go

P16 w2 d10 l4

We've took the lead in lead now in 10 games and won only 2 games but we've lost too many points for me to attempt to calculate from a winning position.

Interesting to note that whenever we've been pegged back to draw we've never scored again to go on and win the game.

That for me is management thing that's unable to change it
Big Wurzil
Championship

Re: The current stats

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:00 pm

Played 16 games, 7 of them have been 1-1 draws. Staggering!

I think we have been rather lucky in the past three games though. Ross County had a good goal disallowed, last week Erskine looked level at worst and yesterday another ref would have given a penalty and maybe sent Seaborne off, even if it looks likely that it was the correct decision. Sportscene highlighted a possible handball by Inverness before Seaborne handled but I'm not convinced he touched it. Our draws at Partick, Killie and County were good draws in a way in that we fought back or kept a clean sheet. The sickeners were Inverness and Hearts. And Mackinnon's miss at Dundee. We need an unexpected win to make up for all this!
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:42 pm

It's a bizarre number of draws. That quirk aside, we're actually doing OK: competing in the top flight, hard to beat, in the pack, not in the relegation spots. Those of us with long memories see these as giddy heights.

I think the sense of frustration arises from how much better we could be doing. Turn just three or four of those draws into wins and we're comfortably top six, challenging for the European spots. You would think with all those 1-1s we'd have come back to win at least once. On the other hand, turn three or four of those draws into defeats, and we're starting to fall adrift at the foot. So we are where we are.

I'd like a fuller explanation of how this is a management fault, and not down to the players. What gives the players credit for what's been achieved, but the manager the blame for what hasn't?
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby WAC » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:10 pm

Its the attitude from the boardroom right through the club to the players and even some of the fans, that we are just wee Hamilton accies we should just be happy to be where we are. Looking at the bigger picture this squad could be sitting in the top 6 but theres a mindset right through the club that we should just be happy to be here and if we get relegated who cares, the owner certaintly don't.
WAC
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bomber Harris » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:00 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:It's a bizarre number of draws. That quirk aside, we're actually doing OK: competing in the top flight, hard to beat, in the pack, not in the relegation spots. Those of us with long memories see these as giddy heights.

I think the sense of frustration arises from how much better we could be doing. Turn just three or four of those draws into wins and we're comfortably top six, challenging for the European spots. You would think with all those 1-1s we'd have come back to win at least once. On the other hand, turn three or four of those draws into defeats, and we're starting to fall adrift at the foot. So we are where we are.

I'd like a fuller explanation of how this is a management fault, and not down to the players. What gives the players credit for what's been achieved, but the manager the blame for what hasn't?

Of course it's a management problem. Canning clearly can't manage his squad tactically when we take the lead so he plays the only tactic he knows every game which is play deep, defend the lead for 3/4 of the game inviting teams to go for it. Anyone that can't see this must clearly be watching another game or is blind.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:34 pm

I must be blind then as I remember us continuing to attack Hearts at 3-2 and 3-3. Maybe some criticism of Canning is justified in that match for not shutting up shop and trying to close it out.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:33 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:I must be blind then as I remember us continuing to attack Hearts at 3-2 and 3-3. Maybe some criticism of Canning is justified in that match for not shutting up shop and trying to close it out.

Better get yourself along to specsavers then.
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:16 pm

So what is neede in January to change these Draws into wins?

What we don't Need is to be selling Crawford! Roy boss can go any time.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:56 pm

Competent centre back would be the best start, hard to find in the current climate, but we have 3 duds IMO in Seabourne, sarris and devlin. If they did their job as they should, it would allow Gillespie and Imrie to start to expose some width. If Imrie's form doesnt vastly improve, he should be dropped, let someone like Docherty try the position.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:49 pm

Canning back in the team? May help the situation at the back?
H9crx
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:38 pm

H9crx wrote:Canning back in the team? May help the situation at the back?

Canning'a bigger than that old Alexander the Great chap that used to post on here. He'd be torn apart. Next suggestion.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:26 pm

accies1874 wrote:
H9crx wrote:Canning back in the team? May help the situation at the back?

Canning'a bigger than that old Alexander the Great chap that used to post on here. He'd be torn apart. Next suggestion.

Fat Alan :lol:
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Euan » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:02 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:
Stevie Clarke wrote:I must be blind then as I remember us continuing to attack Hearts at 3-2 and 3-3. Maybe some criticism of Canning is justified in that match for not shutting up shop and trying to close it out.

Better get yourself along to specsavers then.

...better still, Simpson Opticians in Larkhall (or Calderwood, East Kilbride).
Euan
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:34 pm

Ok we have played not bad against Celtic and Rangers, bottom line is though we go nothing from either game, although we probably dontexpect to get anything.

Lets look at bigger picture, sure we have had plenty of draws but what is Cannings win record in league. 2 wins this season from 17 games, and since he took over from Alex what is his win record, sorry I have no idea but no that it is pretty poor. I think he would be lucky to have a win percentage of 20%

Any other manager in any other league with a win percentage like that would be punted by now

Will he be leg go, not a chance, which is infuriating as well do have some decent players who with a better manager would perhaps be doing much better

Does anyone know his win rate in leaugue, I imagine the cup would be even worse
smc4761
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:38 pm

Well this morning there were something like 7 teams within 4 points of each other - so the 'anyone else would have been sacked stuff' is just nonsense. All 6 of those other managers have bigger budgets and a bigger numbers of fans behind them - but I suppose its only some stats that are important?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:32 pm

I take your point about all the teams being on about the same points. But Cannings win percentage is shocking you cant get away from that fact
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:28 pm

I'm amazed in this day and age of the internet that a poster can't do a simple google on 'Martin canning' which then obviously throws up a selection of suggested sites. The first one I generally look for is Wikipedia. So let's try that and see what comes up. Oh look the answer to the question within less than a minute of 'searching'

Canning managerial record

Games 81, won 19, drew 25, lost 37, win % 23.75
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:20 pm

Big Wurzil wrote:I'm amazed in this day and age of the internet that a poster can't do a simple google on 'Martin canning' which then obviously throws up a selection of suggested sites. The first one I generally look for is Wikipedia. So let's try that and see what comes up. Oh look the answer to the question within less than a minute of 'searching'

Canning managerial record

Games 81, won 19, drew 25, lost 37, win % 23.75

Another way of looking at it is every one of those games has been at the highest level, unlike Neil, and he has only lost 37 out of 81.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:53 pm

Very good point
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:05 am

smc4761 wrote:I take your point about all the teams being on about the same points. But Cannings win percentage is shocking you cant get away from that fact

Its not a matter of getting away from it its just a matter of recognising that it's 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw and the league table is the final arbiter. You can't pick what points are more important to suit your agenda.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Next

Return to The Accies