Martin Canning

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Martin Canning

Postby Bomber Harris » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:41 am

For some reason a lot off accies fans still support Martin Canning and fair play to those who do. Since he took over we have been lucky to stay up and now he has had his worse start to a season since he took over and yet folk still think he's doing a great job. I've yet to hear a good argument to back this nonsense up. Anyone got one?
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Re: Martin Canning

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:05 am

His job is to keep us in the top 10 teams in Scotland. He has led us to this twice.

Currently his team is looking competitive in the quest to keep us in the top flight for 4 years for the first time in 80 years.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:57 am

Another thread about Martin Canning. Just what this forum needs. :roll:
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:51 pm

A good argument you say?

6th position any good for you ? :lol: :lol: :lol:
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Don van Vliet » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:44 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:For some reason a lot off accies fans still support Martin Canning and fair play to those who do. Since he took over we have been lucky to stay up and now he has had his worse start to a season since he took over and yet folk still think he's doing a great job. I've yet to hear a good argument to back this nonsense up. Anyone got one?

This is just embarrassing. Move on, there's nothing to see.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Law of Averages? There is no law of averages.
Don van Vliet
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:10 pm

http://www.norwichtalk.com/topic/2095-a ... st/?page=2

Interesting that almost everything being thrown at MC is getting chucked at Alex. From bad signings to bad tactics to guff post match comments to unsackable etc etc. Right down to some fans looking back to better times under a previous manager.

It's a funny old game right enough.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby silverfox » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:53 pm

Talking about comparisons, lets compare Alex Neil's wining percentage when managing Accies (from April 2013 to Jan 2015) = 54.5%
Martin Canning's winning percentage from Jan 2015= 25%
That's where the comparisons end
silverfox
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:49 am

Being in a lower division from April 2013 to May 2014 probably helped those Alex Neil stats.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:10 pm

If Martin Canning keeps us up this season, will that make him our best-ever post-war manager?

Certainly our most successful.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:02 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:If Martin Canning keeps us up this season, will that make him our best-ever post-war manager?

Certainly our most successful.

Undoubtedly :D
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Chase Outlaw » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:15 pm

The managerial genuis that is Robbie Neilson has been poached.There is hope.
Chase Outlaw
Seaside Leagues

Postby Willie Wastle » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:58 pm

Truth is the margin between success (staying up in the top flight) and failure (being relegated) is wafer thin. The bottom 7 clubs in the SPL are bunched tight, and any 1 or 2 of us could go down.

Put it another way: after the top 4 or 5 teams in Scotland, there's us - alongside half a dozen other clubs. That's the highest level the club has been competing at in my lifetime - and nearly everybody's lifetime. (If Alex Neil had completed a full season with us in the SPL, he might have done better, but we'll never know.)

If we finish 11th or 12th and get relegated, will that be proof that Martin Canning is a dud? No more than finishing 6th will be proof that he's a genius. The truth lies in the middle, and it's this: Accies have a system, and we promote managers from within. Any manager within our system stands to do well, as long as he sticks to our values. Martin Canning is simply a good working part of a good set-up.

We can always do better, and some fans will complain unless we're top of the league (and perhaps even then). But I'm content with where we are at present, while continuing to hope we can improve. Perhaps a change would squeeze a bit more out of the squad, but there's more of a risk that a new manager would send us into freefall first. Like the Board, I'm happy to continue with Canning for the foreseeable future.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby WAC » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:14 pm

How much longer do we need to put up with clownzo ?? Do the board actually attend the game and watch the absolute drivel being served up 75% of the time ??
WAC
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bomber Harris » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:27 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:Truth is the margin between success (staying up in the top flight) and failure (being relegated) is wafer thin. The bottom 7 clubs in the SPL are bunched tight, and any 1 or 2 of us could go down.

Put it another way: after the top 4 or 5 teams in Scotland, there's us - alongside half a dozen other clubs. That's the highest level the club has been competing at in my lifetime - and nearly everybody's lifetime. (If Alex Neil had completed a full season with us in the SPL, he might have done better, but we'll never know.)

If we finish 11th or 12th and get relegated, will that be proof that Martin Canning is a dud? No more than finishing 6th will be proof that he's a genius. The truth lies in the middle, and it's this: Accies have a system, and we promote managers from within. Any manager within our system stands to do well, as long as he sticks to our values. Martin Canning is simply a good working part of a good set-up.

We can always do better, and some fans will complain unless we're top of the league (and perhaps even then). But I'm content with where we are at present, while continuing to hope we can improve. Perhaps a change would squeeze a bit more out of the squad, but there's more of a risk that a new manager would send us into freefall first. Like the Board, I'm happy to continue with Canning for the foreseeable future.

happy with 1 point from bottom hahahahaha
Clownzo out!!!!
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby southoftheborder » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:01 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:Truth is the margin between success (staying up in the top flight) and failure (being relegated) is wafer thin. The bottom 7 clubs in the SPL are bunched tight, and any 1 or 2 of us could go down.

Think that sums it up perfectly!

Lets stop whinging and get on with it!
southoftheborder
Seaside Leagues

Postby accies1874 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:15 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:

happy with 1 point from bottom hahahahaha
Clownzo out!!!!

If we stay up, I couldn't care less whether it's by 1 or 10 points.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:52 pm

That's a very big IF we stay up under Clownzo. Already looking forward to the February transfer window to see what junk is signed while other clubs get stronger in January.
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:53 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:That's a very big IF we stay up under Clownzo. Already looking forward to the February transfer window to see what junk is signed while other clubs get stronger in January.

Is this a new post or just a cut n paste from last December ? :)
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:57 am

redandwhite1874 wrote:
Bomber Harris wrote:That's a very big IF we stay up under Clownzo. Already looking forward to the February transfer window to see what junk is signed while other clubs get stronger in January.

Is this a new post or just a cut n paste from last December ? :)

Nope I think you'll find that the thread was put to bed and forgotten about untill it was brought back. Why would someone bring it back after a few months??
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Gaspode » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:09 pm

Isn't the Clownzo patter hilarious? :roll:
Gaspode
Championship

Next

Return to The Accies