So That's Just Accies Left Then...

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

So That's Just Accies Left Then...

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:05 pm

...after Morton reached their first semi final since 1979, the same length of time that we've been waiting, it's now just us out of all the middle ranking clubs that haven't reached at least one major semi final since 1979/80. I'm leaving out Dumbarton, who were middle ranking in the 80s but have fallen away in terms of supporter numbers since then. What makes it far worse is the non-performance we turned in against Morton days after a superb display at Ibrox. I hope those in charge of the club realise what a big thing this is for Accies supporters. This will now galvanise the locals in Greenock, who always turn out in numbers for big matches anyway. Good luck to them.

Maybe one day.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Re: So That's Just Accies Left Then...

Postby H9crx » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:34 pm

hear hear

Resting players to then get beat of Kilmarnock and Letting J Qutongo leave all classic Accies moves.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Yummy Fur » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:42 pm

H9crx wrote:hear hear

Resting players to then get beat of Kilmarnock and Letting J Qutongo leave all classic Accies moves.

One player rested against Morton, Donati who came on at half time when Accies were winning 1 nil. Still bizarre that after such a sustained period playing top flight football we still haven't reached a semi final.
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:10 pm

You could also add Forfar Athletic and Clydebank, who both reached the semis of the Scottish Cup in the early 80s and 90s respectively. Not counting Gretna for obvious reasons.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Gaspode » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:12 pm

H9crx wrote:hear hear

Quitongo left because he wanted to, nothing Accies could do about him wanting to join Aberdeen.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby Willie Wastle » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:24 am

Glad to see I wasn't the only one thinking of what might have been when Morton drew Dundee United at home and then beat them.

It could have been us. A Hampden semi-final and at least a roll of the dice at getting to our first major final since the 1930s.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Return to The Accies