potentially a new fan

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

potentially a new fan

Postby mck1 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:54 pm

I am a former Motherwell fan, lost interest in Motherwell several seasons ago and been toying with the idea of following another team for some time. A friend who is a big Hibs fan has been trying since to get me to go through easter road way, to no prevail. Recently my partners dad suggested going to killie games as he lives in Kilmarnock and has recently turned his back on Rangers with all thats went on there. Personally though I could really see myself following Hamilton, the complete opposite of Motherwell, which in my opinion is a backwards thinking club, who use their "family club" label to sponge money off the paying fan. Hamilton on the other hand, is a modern forward thinking club, with a good business model and a chairman who cares about the club. Over the last year I have grown to admire hamilton for this. Anyway without going off in a tangent the point of this post is to see if I would be welcome amongst the home support. The thing is several years ago (2010), I was involved in an incident at new douglas park where a smoke bomb was set off, some of may remember it as it was in the news at the time. Although I'm not a daft 18 year old any more (now 23) this makes apprehensive about attending a hamilton incase be someone takes exception to my presence in the ground. I know as result of the abuse I received towards me and my family (who had nothing to do with it) I've never been back at a Motherwell game. I learned a lesson then and have done a lot of growing up since. I was wondering how the fans of Hamilton might receive me attending/following/supporting their club under the circumstances and after walking away from a local rival. Thoughts please?
mck1
Pub League

Re: potentially a new fan

Postby Beastie » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:56 pm

My immediate reaction is to say you're welcome friend, come and join us. I don't know anything about the incident yiu refer to but no doubt we all make mistakes when we're young and daft. Wear a false beard and dark glasses and you'll be fine!
But seriously, Accies have a really good set up and are playing some lovely football mostly these days...who knows how long it will last but the Club is in good hands. I think Accies fans will be more than happy to welcome an ex Well fan to the home of football. Come on over! :)
Beastie
Pub League

Postby Burst Baws » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:41 pm

mck1 wrote:I am a former Motherwell fan, lost interest in Motherwell several seasons ago and been toying with the idea of following another team for some time. A friend who is a big Hibs fan has been trying since to get me to go through easter road way, to no prevail. Recently my partners dad suggested going to killie games as he lives in Kilmarnock and has recently turned his back on Rangers with all thats went on there. Personally though I could really see myself following Hamilton, the complete opposite of Motherwell, which in my opinion is a backwards thinking club, who use their "family club" label to sponge money off the paying fan. Hamilton on the other hand, is a modern forward thinking club, with a good business model and a chairman who cares about the club. Over the last year I have grown to admire hamilton for this. Anyway without going off in a tangent the point of this post is to see if I would be welcome amongst the home support. The thing is several years ago (2010), I was involved in an incident at new douglas park where a smoke bomb was set off, some of may remember it as it was in the news at the time. Although I'm not a daft 18 year old any more (now 23) this makes apprehensive about attending a hamilton incase be someone takes exception to my presence in the ground. I know as result of the abuse I received towards me and my family (who had nothing to do with it) I've never been back at a Motherwell game. I learned a lesson then and have done a lot of growing up since. I was wondering how the fans of Hamilton might receive me attending/following/supporting their club under the circumstances and after walking away from a local rival. Thoughts please?

Sniff sniff
Burst Baws
Seaside Leagues

Postby mck1 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:53 pm

Beastie wrote:My immediate reaction is to say you're welcome friend, come and join us. I don't know anything about the incident yiu refer to but no doubt we all make mistakes when we're young and daft. Wear a false beard and dark glasses and you'll be fine!
But seriously, Accies have a really good set up and are playing some lovely football mostly these days...who knows how long it will last but the Club is in good hands. I think Accies fans will be more than happy to welcome an ex Well fan to the home of football. Come on over! :)

Yeah, amazing, nothing bad I can say about accies.. even listening to your chairman is brilliant and he obviously has the future of the club at heart. My original post was a bit all over the place but was trying to cover everything I want to say. The more I see Hamilton, what you are doing and the more I hear of them the more I want to come across... I live in hamilton too so it would be a lot handier for me.
mck1
Pub League

Postby mck1 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:57 am

looking at the fixture list, maybe the game on new years day would be a good first game for me ;) lets me get christmas and that out the way first.
mck1
Pub League

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:54 am

Stick to the middle of the stand and you will be fine. You may hear songs of hate about motherwell..hope you don't take them to heart.
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby mck1 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:43 pm

PrideOfLanarkshire wrote:Stick to the middle of the stand and you will be fine. You may hear songs of hate about motherwell..hope you don't take them to heart.

Given my relationship with Motherwell fc and what it became I would probably join in. Wouldn't be the first time Motherwell fans shouted my name at new douglas either.. just this time in a different light! I'm kinda looking forward to going to Hamilton game, looking through your forum and judging from the couple of hamilton fans I know you seem to be a good crowd. Would love to see the expression's of some well fans when they saw me in the Hamilton end during a derby. Be like Simon Mensing all over again :lol:
mck1
Pub League

Postby Accies4ever » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:24 pm

Look.
I don't know what incident you are referring to either, but as long as this isn't a wind up and you are serious is what you say and are not looking to cause trouble, then do come along.
We are always looking to increase our fan base and would welcome anyone who wants to support our fantastic team.
I'm positive you'll enjoy the experience and hopefully before long you'll count yourself as one of us.

That invite is open to anyone of previous other football loyalties and of none.

We are are very inclusive club and so to anyone thinking of supporting Accies, I would say that you are most welcome.
Accies4ever
Championship

Return to The Accies