Top six

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Top six

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:50 pm

Our first league win of the season and suddenly we're in the top six, with five points from a possible 12. Four games played, with an international break coming up, and you have to be happy with that. Partick Thistle, on three points and second bottom, have a game in hand, but as it's against Celtic you have to doubt they'll win that.

The thing is, I think we should have beaten Kilmarnock, and if we had, we'd be on eight points, second equal with Rangers, and Killie would be on one point, bottom of the league. Sure, if your Aunty had bawz, etc, but I guess what I'm saying is we could have done better. We haven't been happy with results, and yet one win and we're top six.

Early days. Plenty of room for improvement. But we're doing OK. I'll say now that I think we'll stay up - that's the target, and I think we'll hit it.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Re: Top six

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:12 pm

All the negativity is way out of proportion and basically down to folk lookin for results to suit their conclusion.

What is clear is that we are competitive in terms of staying in the top flight. All the clueless this and useless that just doesn't stand up to analysis of the facts; and the constant repetition of it does not provide it with the any more value.

Any team trying to survive in any league will have disappointments and testing times, but the inability for some perspective is now ingrained in some.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Euan » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:52 am

I noticed that too, top six..our usual early season position.
We've got a squad that if it applies itself properly can stay up and even finish comfortably above the bottom two places. At this stage I'm quite happy, apart from missing yesterday's game (that's why we won!).
I think a lot of the negativity stemmed from the meek loss to Morton in the Cup..our usual early season position.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Don van Vliet » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:07 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:All the negativity is way out of proportion and basically down to folk lookin for results to suit their conclusion.

What is clear is that we are competitive in terms of staying in the top flight. All the clueless this and useless that just doesn't stand up to analysis of the facts; and the constant repetition of it does not provide it with the any more value.

Any team trying to survive in any league will have disappointments and testing times, but the inability for some perspective is now ingrained in some.

Who was it who advised that we should never allow facts to stand in the way of a good story?
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Law of Averages? There is no law of averages.
Don van Vliet
Seaside Leagues

Return to The Accies