Betfred Cup

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Betfred Cup

Postby Bomber Harris » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:00 am

Burst Baws wrote:
Yummy Fur wrote:
Gaspode wrote:The drunken morons who spent the whole game shouting and singing abuse at the Manager and board were the real low point of the day.

Couldn't make it yesterday but I understand the abuse started 2 minutes into the new season and I noticed the first #canningout on Twitter came at roughly the same time - I'll get my flak jacket ready but the sheer level of negativity and venom is ripping any joy out of supporting Accies and eating away at the club like a cancer - bizarrely enough much of this negativity appears to be being whipped up by a twitter page which purports to be an Accies fans website!

A cup defeat to a team in a league lower is always a disappointing way to start a season (ask Alex Neil) but in context when you look at the other results there was quite a few struggles for the "bigger" teams - I wonder if Dundee fans were shouting for Paul Hartley's head after Dundee's expensively assembled squad went down to East Fife (a team 2 leagues below) albeit on penalties.

Anyway call me a happy clapper but I'll give it more than 90 minutes (after a fortnight of pre-season) to write off an entire season although for those who have it might well just become a self fulfilling prophesy.

Haha Happy Clapper, I'm sure you'll lose sleep over that one! I trust you're lucky enough not to be a member of WAH on facebook, this is where the 'real' fans live and express 'real' fans feelings cos they sing and get behind the team blah blah blah blah blah, well at least until we go a goal down then they resort to type and give Canning, the players and the board pelters. WAH are a parody of a real fans, they make me mad and laugh in equal measure with their rants and raves about everything that's wrong at Accies without ever giving any credit for the good the club do, thing is they are so blinded by hate they cannot see anything that's good about Accies, according to them there is nothing I suppose. We already have a small support but sadly part of this is a horrible element who are totally counter productive to the team and results. They will and are putting off fans attending more so than a defeat away from home against Ayr Utd.

I might start posting screenshots from WAH from now on to show the wider public what's being discussed on there. Some of the comments are a disgrace. Anybody from WAH got any issues with me posting them on here? Pipe up now if you have as I think a wider audience needs to hear your views.

why don't you start doing it then instead of acting all Billy big bawz on here with stupid threats. oh the joys of social media and free speech. back to Saturday went to the game with my kids and just walked in as the penalty was scored at thought here we go again but as I've been guilty in the past of being part of the Canning out brigade I decided I'm backing down from that and backing the guy as he's going nowhere then we are served that utter tripe on Saturday but I'm still backing the guy. I don't know where the team goes from here as accies where all over the place with no shape or rhythm. I can only see one direction we're going this season and it's not good. in Canning we trust.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:03 am

accies1874 wrote:
redandwhite1874 wrote:
Gaspode wrote:Embarrassing and not just the team. The drunken morons who spent the whole game shouting and singing abuse at the Manager and board were the real low point of the day.

Smoke bomb nr our food outlet and throwing fireworks at away fans was similarly unimpressive.

I can understand the abuse for Canning (not 2 minutes into the season, though), but the smoke bomb and banger were both embarrassing.
Yesterday was frustrating for all Accies fans. We looked desperately bad, and didn't look like having a hope of scoring (until we did). A lot of folk paid a decent amount (though the day was fairly cheap), so some will feel angered that the money has gone into watching a turgid performance like that. The team deserved flak. HOWEVER, there's no need to shout for Canning to go 2 minutes into the season. That's not going to encourage them. We can be too quick to jump on the club's back.
It's been pretty clear for a while that those on Accies World and We are Hamilton share very different views on the club, and the two pages will probably never get on.

both factions should just shut the f**k up and get on with supporting accies.
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:05 am

Yummy Fur wrote:
Gaspode wrote:The drunken morons who spent the whole game shouting and singing abuse at the Manager and board were the real low point of the day.

Couldn't make it yesterday but I understand the abuse started 2 minutes into the new season and I noticed the first #canningout on Twitter came at roughly the same time - I'll get my flak jacket ready but the sheer level of negativity and venom is ripping any joy out of supporting Accies and eating away at the club like a cancer - bizarrely enough much of this negativity appears to be being whipped up by a twitter page which purports to be an Accies fans website!

A cup defeat to a team in a league lower is always a disappointing way to start a season (ask Alex Neil) but in context when you look at the other results there was quite a few struggles for the "bigger" teams - I wonder if Dundee fans were shouting for Paul Hartley's head after Dundee's expensively assembled squad went down to East Fife (a team 2 leagues below) albeit on penalties.

Anyway call me a happy clapper but I'll give it more than 90 minutes (after a fortnight of pre-season) to write off an entire season although for those who have it might well just become a self fulfilling prophesy.

Just an FYI for you and anyone else who wonders, that accies fans twitter page is ran by 4 people (me being one!) some admins MUCH for negative than others. One persons view does not represent how all accies fans feel.
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby Calvin Cringan 1 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:37 am

Another poor cup performance, don't no why I bother attending cup games and spending my hard earned money from my window cleaning.
The imposters on the park, dugout & directors box need to take a long hard look at themselves.
Calvin Cringan 1
Pub League

Postby MrKennedy » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:56 pm

The booing wasn't anything to do with the opening two minutes, it was to show the continuous dross we are about to watch all season that we have the past 18 months imo. Doesnt matter if start of the season or not,people are aloud to vent there anger when they are spending there hard earn cash to watch that continously. its clear to see this season is going to be the worst yet under puppet canning.
MrKennedy
Pub League

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:12 pm

There is huge frustration amongst Accies fans when it come to the cups and this can boil over sometimes. It is incredibly galling to see, deep breath, Inverness, St Mirren, Ross County, Killie, Queen of the South, Raith Rovers, Dunfermline, Falkirk, St Johnstone, Dundee, Partick, Ayr all having days out at Hampden in either semi finals or finals over the last 16 years of this new century. Going back to when I started going, in 1980, it's only us and Morton out of all the middle ranking clubs, who have failed to reach a major cup semi.

If ever a club needed some cup joy it is this one but year after year we just get incompetence, and to be fair some very tough draws (Aberdeen away in the Quarters two seasons ago), but is there any excuse for Annan and Ayr? I watched their play off second leg against Stranraer and it was almost unbearable to watch, the standard was embarrassing. Have they really improved so much since then? Did we go in thinking the game would be easy? Lose on Saturday and the campaign is over and then we'll see how farcical this format is when there are dead rubbers all over the groups.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Yummy Fur » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:58 pm

Burst Baws wrote:
Yummy Fur wrote:

We already have a small support but sadly part of this is a horrible element who are totally counter productive to the team and results. They will and are putting off fans attending more so than a defeat away from home against Ayr Utd.

Spot on - a support who turn on the team after 2 minutes of the new season (widely reported in the press over the last 2 days) and the negativity about everything the club do will hardly motivate our current squad, encourage new players to sign or spur new sponsors to get on board but it will stop floating supporters buying season tickets and going to away games - as you say it's completely counter productive.

The predictable defence of "I spend my money" and my new favourite of "it was to show the continuous dross we are about to watch all season" will really encourage the team and new fans - let's just hope I don't have to sit next to them in the cinema anytime soon.
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bomber Harris » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:02 pm

one of my favourites just now is Canning has 14 wins in 18 months ( 59 games ). That's a hell of a lot more than 2 minutes at ayr btw. are folk on here still blaming the fans for this record? what about the demise of Crawford, Gills and Devlin? are we on here going to blame the noisey nasty fans for that? or how about yous take your heads out your backsides and look at the bigger picture here. we have no shape, fight, width and passion in that team and is that the fault of the fans? This mess is all down to one man. Btw spot on Mr Kennedy. welcome to the forum. your views will not be tolorated on here with posts like that.
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:17 pm

No Kurtaj?
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:32 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:
accies1874 wrote:
redandwhite1874 wrote:Smoke bomb nr our food outlet and throwing fireworks at away fans was similarly unimpressive.

I can understand the abuse for Canning (not 2 minutes into the season, though), but the smoke bomb and banger were both embarrassing.
Yesterday was frustrating for all Accies fans. We looked desperately bad, and didn't look like having a hope of scoring (until we did). A lot of folk paid a decent amount (though the day was fairly cheap), so some will feel angered that the money has gone into watching a turgid performance like that. The team deserved flak. HOWEVER, there's no need to shout for Canning to go 2 minutes into the season. That's not going to encourage them. We can be too quick to jump on the club's back.
It's been pretty clear for a while that those on Accies World and We are Hamilton share very different views on the club, and the two pages will probably never get on.

both factions should just shut the f**k up and get on with supporting accies.

Absolutely. However, I just can't see it happening. The feeling are pretty extreme either way, and people have very different views about how the club's run.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:53 pm

The 14 wins is the absolute focus and total evidence for some.

Ignoring that MC kept us in the top flight for only the 4th time since the 1930s; and that every single one of those retentions was under the current board and its ethos.

Not sure many of us are convinced by MC but we must recognise all the facts of his time in charge, both positive and negative.

With our record since the war are people still trying to say we stayed in the top flight with a crap manager, crap players, spent no money and with a board that actually wanted us to go down?

When we clinched survival earlier this year this board was almost dead, hardly any posts to recognises a great achievement. It was obvious to me then that our achievement was simply an inconvenience for some who would just store up their anger for when a result(s) suited their agenda.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:01 pm

PrideOfLanarkshire wrote:
Just an FYI for you and anyone else who wonders, that accies fans twitter page is ran by 4 people (me being one!) some admins MUCH for negative than others. One persons view does not represent how all Accies fans feel.

Some more negative than others - so no one is actually positive :D ? I would also assume the least negative is the least busy of the admins :D.

I must admit I stopped following it when it became clear that it was overwhelmingly negative and cynical; and had 4 different people as I am not sure what the point is of starting a conversation with any one of 4 people who might reply at different stages or indeed deny that they made any remarks.

Having checked recently the stuff last week just looks petty and actually disappointed with a 'good news' story of sponsors coming to the club etc. Having a pop at the club for wearing home shorts with the away top was something - confusing an industrial waste plant with our biomass installation in order to have a 'go' also looked pretty desperate and again driven by an agenda. But you pay your money and takes your choice.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:07 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:
PrideOfLanarkshire wrote:
Just an FYI for you and anyone else who wonders, that accies fans twitter page is ran by 4 people (me being one!) some admins MUCH for negative than others. One persons view does not represent how all Accies fans feel.

Some more negative than others - so no one is actually positive :D ? I would also assume the least negative is the least busy of the admins :D.

I must admit I stopped following it when it became clear that it was overwhelmingly negative and cynical; and had 4 different people as I am not sure what the point is of starting a conversation with any one of 4 people who might reply at different stages or indeed deny that they made any remarks.

Having checked recently the stuff last week just looks petty and actually disappointed with a 'good news' story of sponsors coming to the club etc. Having a pop at the club for wearing home shorts with the away top was something - confusing an industrial waste plant with our biomass installation in order to have a 'go' also looked pretty desperate and again driven by an agenda. But you pay your money and takes your choice.

I thought the away top with home shorts looked fine.
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:07 pm

pretty deplorable again. we could've easily been done 4-5 goals if they'd taken their chances.

Devlin, Kurakins, Gillespie all sorts of rotten. GIllespie trying to run like a midfielder left us exposed for the goal, he is 100% more suited to being a substandard midfielder.
After watching the replay for the 2nd goal, the keeper REALLY should've taken that. The ball was approximately 2 yards to his right hand side, granted it was well struck but it travelled 20+ yards before he flapped at it, the keeper also failed to react to a long cross into the 6 yard box which was luckily put high and wide.
Kurakins gave him all sorts of space to run into and both Jesus/Devlin were very slow to react to the run of the 2nd goal also.
Outwith the wonder goal, Louis looked all over the shop.

Really hard to take anything good away from that performance. With Jesus out now, do we clone Gillespie to now make him a CB too?

I'm certainly not part of any brigade, but I would give a round of applause if Canning was sacked. His record is verging on worst of all time, he's a record breaker for all the wrong reasons.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:28 am

St Mirren facing their third game in a week and after the performance last week a decent bit of pressure on Accies to get a result. Donati or one of the young guys at centre half and perhaps one of the young guys at right back; as a result of our inability to bring folk in. If we give Accies the benefit of the doubt that last week as early in pre-season (it didn't stop Ayr right enough) then that excuse wont wash this week.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:27 pm

Home to Morton. We will take that.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:56 pm

Decent draw home to Morton. Will be difficult but we need to up our game and get us into the quarter finals
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:48 pm

A few Accies fans getting cocky on Pie and Bovril. Were they watching yesterday? This will be a very tough match but yes, a great chance to get within reach of a semi final.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:13 pm

Well done to Accies for sensible prices for the Morton game - £12 & £6.

When you consider Alloa charged £16 for the game against Cove (and were rewarded with a crowd of 213) and Arbroath charged £13 for the dead rubber against Cowdenbeath, these are great prices. We'll probably still struggle to get over 1500 though.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:30 pm

Left on holiday just after we lost to Ayr. Delighted to come back and find we won three straight games, including what sounds like an easy win over St Mirren. Sorry I missed that one.

It also sounds like we're beginning to build a team and a squad. Albeit a bit last minute (as usual) and hampered by injuries.

And a winnable last 16 draw, with all due respect to Morton. This much-maligned League Cup format could see us go on a wee run. Topping our group was a great start. And good prep for a tough league season ahead.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Previous

Return to The Accies