Betfred Cup

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Betfred Cup

Postby smc4761 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:26 pm

I know its only the first game of the season, but with the lack of decent signings and too many experienced players having left, its gonna be a looooong season.

2-1 defeat to a team 2 divisions below us, is just not good enough
smc4761
Premiership

Re: Betfred Cup

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:05 pm

An abysmal performance, no positives and only confirmation of what we knew in that the squad is thin. That said, those on the park should have performed much better. The recently signed contracts for Redmond, Longridge & D'Acol looked to be a victory of optimism over the average performances we have seen from them time and time again.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby The Bajan Bandit » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:29 pm

Cup-tie Canning strikes again , what was his team talk before the game and at half-time , this clown will just continue on like nothing happened as usual , out-fought AGAIN by a lower league team , our best signing would be a new Manager but this will not happen as the board are happy with their pet poodle , give him a pat on the head at full-time and tell him the cups do not matter .
The Bajan Bandit
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:51 pm

nager but this will not happen as the board are happy with their pet poodle , give him a pat on the head at full-time and tell him the cups do not matter .[/quote]

This is spot on

Now I'm trying to be positive and I liked what I saw in the run up

Sorry I may paraphrase

" you will see the best of me, now I have pre session under my belt I will score goals!" Sorry if you can't score v part time teams your all talk. If you get taken off when you are the only striker in the squad you must have been shit!

I want Alex D to be the next big accies Striker but NO FN GOAls in a year. U20's no goals ,Annan no Goals and Ayr NO GOALS but hay here is a new contract! As talk is cheap just like a striker with zero goals

"We are not going to be a scalp" well we were

" we are not going for a day trip" Day trips are fun

Just like les and co full of hot air and Cheap
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:05 pm

smc4761 wrote:I know its only the first game of the season, but with the lack of decent signings and too many experienced players having left, its gonna be a looooong season.

2-1 defeat to a team 2 divisions below us, is just not good enough

Obviously it's disappointing to lose, but in the interests of accuracy, Ayr are only one division below us.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Chase Outlaw » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:13 pm

Wait until Monday when McGovern signs for Motherwell.
Chase Outlaw
Seaside Leagues

Postby Red and white hoops » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:07 pm

Awful. On today's display we are a mid table championship side at best. And I'm being extremely generous.

Where to begin on today. To start with, why start a keeper signed only hours before the game? I doubt if he even knew any of his team mates and a bit of a slap in the face to Alan Martin too. He had a decent game and can't be faulted for either goal but if he's going to be number one this season I'd think he'd be better served with a weeks training with the squad under his belt.

We've known since the end of last season we needed a right back. We still haven't got one. Gillespie looked well off the pace and I think it was him who gave the ball away leading to their second goal. That said, he is not a right back. Why don't we have one?

Dave McKinnon was in the paper during the week saying how Alex d'acol he hoped would score 20 goals this season. If he does I'll run 10 laps rounds ndp naked at half time at the next game!! No chance of him getting near double figures.

I thought the penalty was soft but daz gives him a decision to make. He's a liability every week and after getting booked so early walked a tightrope for 90 minutes.

Any news on brophys injury? And can we read anything into kurtaj absence?

Only dougie and docherty seemed to care today. The rest still seem in holiday mode. Both evidently losing their cool,with teammates more than once.

It's all ok but, look across to canzo in the dugout, arms folded. No encouragement, no anger, no shouting, no passion, nothing. Alex Neil would never have stood for a performance like that today.

As I heard someone close to me say today we are about 15 players short of a first 11.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Red and white hoops » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:21 pm

If you want to suffer again, here's highlights from Ayrshire website

https://youtu.be/Wn5yR8mpXac
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby H9crx » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:45 pm

5m 36s b4 I saw their keeper was in yellow!

Sorry this is pish red n white u can't decent this poor poor display.

Canning out now!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:09 am

After beating Hamilton in the League Cup, Ayr United manager Ian McCall rounds on a section of visiting fans saying their calls for Accies boss Martin Canning to be sacked are ridiculous. (Various)

I would take Ian Mcall in a second!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:15 am

H9crx wrote:Canning out now!

This already!

:roll: It's going to be a long season if we get this after every defeat.

Serious question: how old are you? I'm guessing about 14? And if that's the case, I'm going to cut you more slack.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:05 am

That penalty should not have been awarded. You can hear the contact being made on the ball but the foul had already been committed. You can't give a penalty when the ball is dead.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby DC United » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:59 pm

Maybe so, 'Stevie Clarke' but we're hard pushed to blame the officials... :oops:

I went along yesterday more in hope than expectation and as it turned out we were even worse than I imagined. No point ranting about all that is wrong as the club are unwilling to change. Yesterday was not a pre season friendly or a bounce game, it was a national cup tie and an advert for the season ahead. Any potential season ticket buyers will hardly have been encouraged, but Les has made it clear that's not important to the club...

Only (very small) positive was that I thought McMann did alright at left back and should start next week instead of the 'Latvian Liability'. Other than that, shite all round.
DC United
Pub League

Postby Gaspode » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:03 pm

Embarrassing and not just the team. The drunken morons who spent the whole game shouting and singing abuse at the Manager and board were the real low point of the day.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:45 pm

Gaspode wrote:Embarrassing and not just the team. The drunken morons who spent the whole game shouting and singing abuse at the Manager and board were the real low point of the day.

Smoke bomb nr our food outlet and throwing fireworks at away fans was similarly unimpressive.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby really? » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:14 pm

I thought that Gillespie's 'pass' to no one in particular that led to Ayr's 2nd goal was sheer class.

Can't wait for the next 10months of this, glad I renewed my ST early.
really?
Seaside Leagues

Postby Yummy Fur » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:43 pm

Gaspode wrote:The drunken morons who spent the whole game shouting and singing abuse at the Manager and board were the real low point of the day.

Couldn't make it yesterday but I understand the abuse started 2 minutes into the new season and I noticed the first #canningout on Twitter came at roughly the same time - I'll get my flak jacket ready but the sheer level of negativity and venom is ripping any joy out of supporting Accies and eating away at the club like a cancer - bizarrely enough much of this negativity appears to be being whipped up by a twitter page which purports to be an Accies fans website!

A cup defeat to a team in a league lower is always a disappointing way to start a season (ask Alex Neil) but in context when you look at the other results there was quite a few struggles for the "bigger" teams - I wonder if Dundee fans were shouting for Paul Hartley's head after Dundee's expensively assembled squad went down to East Fife (a team 2 leagues below) albeit on penalties.

Anyway call me a happy clapper but I'll give it more than 90 minutes (after a fortnight of pre-season) to write off an entire season although for those who have it might well just become a self fulfilling prophesy.
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby Burst Baws » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:17 pm

Yummy Fur wrote:
Gaspode wrote:The drunken morons who spent the whole game shouting and singing abuse at the Manager and board were the real low point of the day.

Couldn't make it yesterday but I understand the abuse started 2 minutes into the new season and I noticed the first #canningout on Twitter came at roughly the same time - I'll get my flak jacket ready but the sheer level of negativity and venom is ripping any joy out of supporting Accies and eating away at the club like a cancer - bizarrely enough much of this negativity appears to be being whipped up by a twitter page which purports to be an Accies fans website!

A cup defeat to a team in a league lower is always a disappointing way to start a season (ask Alex Neil) but in context when you look at the other results there was quite a few struggles for the "bigger" teams - I wonder if Dundee fans were shouting for Paul Hartley's head after Dundee's expensively assembled squad went down to East Fife (a team 2 leagues below) albeit on penalties.

Anyway call me a happy clapper but I'll give it more than 90 minutes (after a fortnight of pre-season) to write off an entire season although for those who have it might well just become a self fulfilling prophesy.

Haha Happy Clapper, I'm sure you'll lose sleep over that one! I trust you're lucky enough not to be a member of WAH on facebook, this is where the 'real' fans live and express 'real' fans feelings cos they sing and get behind the team blah blah blah blah blah, well at least until we go a goal down then they resort to type and give Canning, the players and the board pelters. WAH are a parody of a real fans, they make me mad and laugh in equal measure with their rants and raves about everything that's wrong at Accies without ever giving any credit for the good the club do, thing is they are so blinded by hate they cannot see anything that's good about Accies, according to them there is nothing I suppose. We already have a small support but sadly part of this is a horrible element who are totally counter productive to the team and results. They will and are putting off fans attending more so than a defeat away from home against Ayr Utd.

I might start posting screenshots from WAH from now on to show the wider public what's being discussed on there. Some of the comments are a disgrace. Anybody from WAH got any issues with me posting them on here? Pipe up now if you have as I think a wider audience needs to hear your views.
Burst Baws
Seaside Leagues

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:20 pm

I take the "this is still pre-season" mode as my approach to these games.However yesterday was worrying for a number of reasons:
1)Alex D'Acol-sorry we will be lucky to see 20 shots a season-never mind goals;
2)What looked like a front three at times attacking of Imrie,Longridge & Crawford second half;
3)Playing Gillespie at right back,McKinnon reverting to his level and Longridge,Redmond,D'Acol getting new deals when none deserve so and finally
4)Ian McCall said his side were short of fitness.What does that say about us-a full-time side just back from a weeks training abroad who looked sluggish compared to what was mostly part-timers.

New blood needed who are used to this level.Players like perhaps John Rankin and/or Gary Harkins to beef the squad up and a striker with a proven scoring ratio and not a foreign journeyman untried at this level.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:28 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:
Gaspode wrote:Embarrassing and not just the team. The drunken morons who spent the whole game shouting and singing abuse at the Manager and board were the real low point of the day.

Smoke bomb nr our food outlet and throwing fireworks at away fans was similarly unimpressive.

I can understand the abuse for Canning (not 2 minutes into the season, though), but the smoke bomb and banger were both embarrassing.
Yesterday was frustrating for all Accies fans. We looked desperately bad, and didn't look like having a hope of scoring (until we did). A lot of folk paid a decent amount (though the day was fairly cheap), so some will feel angered that the money has gone into watching a turgid performance like that. The team deserved flak. HOWEVER, there's no need to shout for Canning to go 2 minutes into the season. That's not going to encourage them. We can be too quick to jump on the club's back.
It's been pretty clear for a while that those on Accies World and We are Hamilton share very different views on the club, and the two pages will probably never get on.
accies1874
Premiership

Next

Return to The Accies