Premiership

Re: Ziggy has signed with...

Postby H9crx » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:23 pm

So much for our Ambition
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:56 pm

Very sad that a promising young Scottish footballer had the opportunity to go abroad and experience a different style of football, playing in front of a home support of 17,000 but has instead chosen a one year deal with one of our relegation rivals. Especially as he is half Polish and presumably has a knowledge of the language.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Euan » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:45 pm

Disappointed that he considers a move to Partick a step up from Accies...the new John Lambie :roll:
Euan
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:21 pm

Ziggy has been a good servant to the club and I can fully appreciate his desire to move on and better himself. Good luck to the lad. But seriously Thistle. Whilst they my be a better club than Accies, with a bigger support and probably pay a bit better he will be going from one relegation dog fight to another almost certainly.

Dont know why he did not go abroad if the offer was there. A few players have went down this route previously OK maybe at a higher level but down well and have come back even better players for the experience, Paul Lambert John Collins, Eric Black
smc4761
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:36 pm

Let's speculate further.

Is this the work of yet another agent, looking for his own pay-day? Having talked a player into being convinced of a 'big' move at the end of his contract, (and then this does not happen), the player is then left without a regular income, and does not want to lose face by going back to his 'parent' club and ex-colleagues for a new deal. Agent then starts phoning around, with player starting to panic with the new season about to start. Agent grabs a one year deal to save face for all concerned, and, of course, collects a fee for himself. :roll:

Thistle will no doubt have more cash to splash, given that they must have paid out a fair chunk for their new freaky mascot's rights :lol:, apart from other new signings. So, for them to make a quick offer to a free agent, which gives him income plus playing time, is unsurprising, regardless of the level at which Thistle are currently placed. Where our Chairman was interviewed offering to try to match competing offers for McGloves signature, one might have expected that ZG's value was significantly less that MMcG's, and that we could have held on to him.

Perhaps the player wanted away regardless, but it seems a knee-jerk reaction to having been convinced by self (or his agent) that a move to Firhill was a launching pad for a glittering career at the highest level. Like many, I thought that ZG had the talent to have gone to a Championship club in England. I hope for him, that this move to a club, with little more to offer than Accies, is for the best.

But, there again, it could be a completely different set of scenarios.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby rubenthedog » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:16 am

I may be wrong, but I heard that Ziggy hails from the jordanhill area of Glasgow.

At least it wasn't Dundee or Motherwell
rubenthedog
Seaside Leagues

Postby Euan » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:13 pm

porcupine wrote:I hope for him, that this move to a club, with little more to offer than Accies, is for the best.

No chance...I hope it's a spectacular failure and thistle go down.
Euan
Premiership

Postby silverfox » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:26 pm

Agree with Porcupine: Scott Struthers was asked what was happening with Ziggy at the Oban Tournament on 2nd July. He said that he wasn't training with any team although he was clear Ziggy would not be back at Accies.

I wish Ziggy all the best, but wonder if the Thistle offer was the only one on the cards for him
Last edited by silverfox on Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
silverfox
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:17 pm

Apparently Gordon was slagging us off on Sportsound on Saturday saying something like "no one wants to watch Hamilton v St Johnstone and we need the old firm to do well in Europe". How's that looking now, Sigmund? B-)
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby DC United » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:20 pm

Probably thought he could have had a crack in English championship or L1, over-rating his stock. No offers came so had to cut his losses. Good luck to him.
DC United
Pub League

Postby The Bajan Bandit » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:09 pm

Good luck to Ziggy , he can learn nothing from a manager who is tactically inept in Canning , so can not blame him for not wanting to sign again .
The Bajan Bandit
Seaside Leagues

Postby smc4761 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:16 pm

I dont think many on here begrudge him moving and wanting to better himself. Its just that Thistle is hardly a step up and its only a years contract
smc4761
Premiership

Return to The Accies