New member--be gentle, has Les lost the plot.

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

New member--be gentle, has Les lost the plot.

Postby smc4761 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:27 pm

Long time lurker on here. Supported Accies as a lad all through the 1970's, dont go to games now but always follow the Accies in the papers and on TV

Do not normally comment about Accies but had to with the articles in Daily Record from Les, who has lost the plot I believe. here he spouts about how he is hopeful we can retain McGovern and he is quietly confident we can. Lets hope we can keep him but I have a better chance of signing for Accies than we have of keeping him. Even before the Germany game he would have signed for a decent club, now his status after Germany game his risen dramatically

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/foot ... pXZvWrM.97

In another article he thinks we are almost there for the new season,

Gray added: “I was talking to [manager] Martin Canning, and we actually think we’re much stronger than what we were at this stage last season. We’re still hopeful that we will get Carlton Morris again as well, and we’re talking to others at the moment.

“We have the backbone of a squad; it looks like we’ve lost Ziggy Gordon and we might lose Michael McGovern and Lucas Tagliapietra, but we’re confident of getting adequate replacements and we would like to tie them down.

Seriously Les, you lose probably 2 of your best players from last season and big Lucas and potentially Morrisyou think we will be stronger?

I know we will sign some players but looks like last minute.com for signing players. I assume Les knows we play our first game fairly soon

Anyhoo looking forward to the banter on here over the coming weeks and months
smc4761
Premiership

Re: New member--be gentle, has Les lost the plot.

Postby H9crx » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:59 pm

As it is a new year I would like to stay positive!

I have full faith in the club getting some good players in. The law of average has to kick in soon.

I think the ethos of letting players go to bigger clubs should still be implemented. MCGlove has my thanks and best wishes!

Is he the best keeper in our history?

I agree about the squad apart from two strikers!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:55 pm

Rikki Ferguson maybe
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:06 pm

There is no such thing as a "law of averages".

New member, welcome to the madhouse. But if you're going to be more negative than H9crx ... well, then, you'll fit right in.

Re the state of the squad, maybe Les knows more about the quality of the young players coming through? Maybe his comments about keeping McGovern were made before his blinder v Germany? Maybe we're planning a marque signing? (OK, maybe not the last point)
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:23 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:There is no such thing as a "law of averages".

New member, welcome to the madhouse. But if you're going to be more negative than H9crx ... well, then, you'll fit right in.

Re the state of the squad, maybe Les knows more about the quality of the young players coming through? Maybe his comments about keeping McGovern were made before his blinder v Germany? Maybe we're planning a marque signing? (OK, maybe not the last point)

Now now it's a new year have faith

Can some one put up a poll

Alan Farrguson
Ricky Ferguson
Thomas Cherney
MC Gloves
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:32 pm

Jesus H, can you really not spell one of those legends names properly?

Cerny and McGovern are a class above Rikki Ferguson and have the extra height that Allan F lacked.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:05 pm

No

How you doing
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Gaspode » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:14 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:Jesus H, can you really not spell one of those legends names properly?

Cerny and McGovern are a class above Rikki Ferguson and have the extra height that Allan F lacked.

The spelling actually adds to the comedy value of his posts. :lol:
Gaspode
Championship

Postby AmanAccie » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:58 pm

He has lost the plot. Saying that we are in a position to push the boat out and compete against any other club in the Scottish Premiership to keep McGovern at Accies is mental.
AmanAccie
Seaside Leagues

Return to The Accies