New Sponsor.

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

New Sponsor.

Postby Gaspode » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:31 pm

Seen Danny the Kitman driving a brand new van in Accies colours which was sponsored by some company called, i think, ZLGroup. No idea who, or how big they are. Could they be , "The biggest sponsorship in our history" company that the chairman was on about?
Gaspode
Championship

Re: New Sponsor.

Postby RyanT » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:02 pm

Much bigger than Philips, I'm sure...

In any case, here is their website - seems professional enough.
http://www.zlgroup.co.uk/home.html
RyanT
Seaside Leagues

Postby Begs.hafc » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:30 am

When I was up at the ground yesterday I noticed there was a sign behind the directors box saying "welcome to the SUPERSEAL STADIUM".i take it we have done a deal for the naming rights.
Begs.hafc
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:36 pm

Superseal were rumoured on twitter to be linking in with a top flight team a few months ago regarding naming rights and £0.5m was mentioned. Can't see it being anywhere near that but every little helps.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Euan » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:42 am

Are they related to Superwalrus?
Euan
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:08 pm

Deal now confirmed with Superseal, NetBet, Equi's and Tiger Turf = circa £0.75m

https://youtu.be/z9MOL7QP7I4

Great bit of business and after a long wait some decent comms from the club today -even a video! Money just needs to be spent wisely and quickly.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:34 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:Deal now confirmed with Superseal, NetBet, Equi's and Tiger Turf = circa £0.75m

https://youtu.be/z9MOL7QP7I4

Great bit of business and after a long wait some decent comms from the club today -even a video! Money just needs to be spent wisely and quickly.

not one mention of the 1st team in that video and a lot about the the community and acadamy. this is not a club sponsor but more a stadium company sponsor but all the same I'm past caring where the money goes as it's clear to see in the last few seasons it's not went on the 1st team.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:23 pm

I think its reasonable to suggest the sponsorship is supporting (directly or indirectly) the £150 season ticket deal.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:31 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:I think its reasonable to suggest the sponsorship is supporting (directly or indirectly) the £150 season ticket deal.

my whole concern at being an accies fan is strengthening the 1st team. Not cheap season tickets, community crap, charity or biomass boilers. don't know about you but I want my team staying in this league and we're looking rather lightweight. This is why I'd like to know how much Canning is getting from this windfall.
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:01 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:
redandwhite1874 wrote:I think its reasonable to suggest the sponsorship is supporting (directly or indirectly) the £150 season ticket deal.

my whole concern at being an accies fan is strengthening the 1st team. Not cheap season tickets, community crap, charity or biomass boilers. don't know about you but I want my team staying in this league and we're looking rather lightweight. This is why I'd like to know how much Canning is getting from this windfall.

Well perhaps the first time a club has been criticised for lowering its prices in an attempt the grow the support from the community; and the biomass is hoped to cut energy costs for the longer term hence making the club more sustainable by reducing operating costs - again surely a good thing? The charity/community aspect is not crap for me- the academy supports the community via youth coaching etc and is a charity and clearly this supports the first team.

For me the club exists within the community and should not just 'take' from it but should contribute to it; and hopefully create good will etc. For example when we were on our uppers and the new stadium was on the brink the Council took on the long term rent of the office space which they could have got elsewhere. They supported the club and I think its fitting that we are not just saying we will give the community circa 25 games a year and a team to follow; but that we will contribute to the wider community. It appears this 'ethos' attracts lots of sponsors to the club both now and in the past so its not just a matter of saying that the community or charity aspects 'costs' the club but that it might also attract money and goodwill into it.

So I can see why people focus on the 'cost' and simplifying every part of expenditure as 'we could have spent that on a player' but its more than that.

It would be nice to know how much the club allocates to such matters and what the balance is ? I think it has been said that club income in terms of fees and gate money etc is not diverted to charity work; but I don't know the details

It might also be nice to have some level of support (or even recognition) for the regime that took us from the brink, repaid over £4m in debt, has us on a safe platform and has combined this with the most successful period on the pitch in a lifetime. And all this whilst apparently with crap players, a crap manager, no ambition, not caring and wanting relegation. That just doesn't add up?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:18 am

redandwhite1874 wrote:
Bomber Harris wrote:

Well perhaps the first time a club has been criticised for lowering its prices in an attempt the grow the support from the community; and the biomass is hoped to cut energy costs for the longer term hence making the club more sustainable by reducing operating costs - again surely a good thing? The charity/community aspect is not crap for me- the academy supports the community via youth coaching etc and is a charity and clearly this supports the first team.

For me the club exists within the community and should not just 'take' from it but should contribute to it; and hopefully create good will etc. For example when we were on our uppers and the new stadium was on the brink the Council took on the long term rent of the office space which they could have got elsewhere. They supported the club and I think its fitting that we are not just saying we will give the community circa 25 games a year and a team to follow; but that we will contribute to the wider community. It appears this 'ethos' attracts lots of sponsors to the club both now and in the past so its not just a matter of saying that the community or charity aspects 'costs' the club but that it might also attract money and goodwill into it.

So I can see why people focus on the 'cost' and simplifying every part of expenditure as 'we could have spent that on a player' but its more than that.

It would be nice to know how much the club allocates to such matters and what the balance is ? I think it has been said that club income in terms of fees and gate money etc is not diverted to charity work; but I don't know the details

It might also be nice to have some level of support (or even recognition) for the regime that took us from the brink, repaid over £4m in debt, has us on a safe platform and has combined this with the most successful period on the pitch in a lifetime. And all this whilst apparently with crap players, a crap manager, no ambition, not caring and wanting relegation. That just doesn't add up?

When will folk get this into there heads. The community is not interested in Hamilton accies. it never will. every Saturday trains are full of green scarfs and blue scarfs and even going the other way motherwell scarfs and you go to accies games it's the same faces you see week in week out. we lost a generation of fans to theses teams during the wilderness years we will never get back. As for being critical of pricing, hardly critical just an opinion that my concern is 1st team matters over pricing but that right if you have an opinion on here your shot down by a few pathetic belters. oh and before I forget, in Martin we trust.
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:37 am

When will folk get this into there heads. The community is not interested in Hamilton accies. it never will. every Saturday trains are full of green scarfs and blue scarfs and even going the other way motherwell scarfs and you go to accies games it's the same faces you see week in week out. we lost a generation of fans to theses teams during the wilderness years we will never get back. As for being critical of pricing, hardly critical just an opinion that my concern is 1st team matters over pricing but that right if you have an opinion on here your shot down by a few pathetic belters. oh and before I forget, in Martin we trust.

[/quote]

The community is not interested because we are simply never gonna be competitive enough.
. I've said it loads, playing rubbish football *which we did the majority of last year* and zero trophies *or even close to getting a majo r one*, on top of our terrible social media presence and lack of organisational skills, isn't going to encourage any form of new support to come on board. You can have the cheapest tickets in the country and if the content isn't upto scratch, people aren't going to come.

I'm praying we get a couple of GOOD signings that can add depth to the squad. Our cracking youth need to be complimented by new ideas from world travelled pros.
We can boast about our youth policy and how good it is, but we just let one of our best players who has been with us for 10+ years slip away without a transfer fee earned.

We NEED a rb/lb. We NEED a defensive midfielder who isn't Darian Hothead Mackinnon. We need a winger with PACE. We NEED a striker who is physical enough for some of the beastly centre backs currently in the SPL.

P.S the season ticket deal has nothing to do with this deal, that's solely based on our partnership with the JOhan Cruyff foundation I believe.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby DC United » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:22 pm

I couldn't agree with Bomber Harris more. Well said.
DC United
Pub League

Postby Yummy Fur » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:15 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:
When will folk get this into there heads. The community is not interested in Hamilton accies. it never will. every Saturday trains are full of green scarfs and blue scarfs and even going the other way motherwell scarfs and you go to accies games it's the same faces you see week in week out. we lost a generation of fans to theses teams during the wilderness years we will never get back.

So do Accies stop trying to reach out to the community and accept that an aging support of approx 1,000 is the best we can do?

Not doing enough in the community was for years a major criticism of the club and now the opposite criticism is being made - it seems very shortsighted.
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:13 pm

Yummy Fur wrote:
Bomber Harris wrote:
When will folk get this into there heads. The community is not interested in Hamilton accies. it never will. every Saturday trains are full of green scarfs and blue scarfs and even going the other way motherwell scarfs and you go to accies games it's the same faces you see week in week out. we lost a generation of fans to theses teams during the wilderness years we will never get back.

So do Accies stop trying to reach out to the community and accept that an aging support of approx 1,000 is the best we can do?

Not doing enough in the community was for years a major criticism of the club and now the opposite criticism is being made - it seems very shortsighted.

Good point. They are at least trying. When they do their once a season initiatives the crowd is swelled by loads of kids. Pity we never seem to win those games. But season tickets for kids for £14 is superb and better than being free with a pricey adult ticket. I think it means a bit more if you have to pay a little towards it, even a nominal amount.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby MrKennedy » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:01 pm

The video of the sponsorship says it all tbh, are we even a football club anymore? You would usually tend to link a big sponsorship deal with bringing in more players and making the football club more successful, but nah all the talk is 'the community'. See for being such a big community club how come we never have anything advertised regarding the football club in the community and never allow 'the community' to know details about the football team.
MrKennedy
Pub League

Postby Yummy Fur » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:33 pm

MrKennedy wrote:See for being such a big community club how come we never have anything advertised regarding the football club in the community and never allow 'the community' to know details about the football team.

What info about the football team do you feel is being withheld?
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Return to The Accies