Season Ticket sales

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Season Ticket sales

Postby porcupine » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:27 pm

How many season tickets do we think Accies will sell at the bargain price of £150 for adults? With sales only open this week it looks as if at least 110 have been sold already, if they are in numbered order. Surely a sales figure of 800 is not unreasonable, given our core support, and the very significant savings on PATG prices?

I appreciate that not everyone can find £150 in one lump sum, where summer holiday costs/spending money impact on many individuals at this time. An instalment plan over the three months of May,June & July might have been considered by the Club, but, yet again, nothing on that, nor a credit card acceptance.
porcupine
Premiership

Re: Season Ticket sales

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:39 am

porcupine wrote:How many season tickets do we think Accies will sell at the bargain price of £150 for adults? With sales only open this week it looks as if at least 110 have been sold already, if they are in numbered order. Surely a sales figure of 800 is not unreasonable, given our core support, and the very significant savings on PATG prices?

I appreciate that not everyone can find £150 in one lump sum, where summer holiday costs/spending money impact on many individuals at this time. An instalment plan over the three months of May,June & July might have been considered by the Club, but, yet again, nothing on that, nor a credit card acceptance.

The credit card thing's been done to death: for good or ill, the club accepts cash or cheques only. That's just how it is. Personally, I think it's archaic (not to mention the whiff of money laundering), but it's not going to change.

As regards paying in instalments over the summer, the club never advertise this, but it's been made clear many times that anyone who asks can do this.

This £150 price is a great initiative. Fans have been asking for years for low prices to attract bigger crowds, so now we'll see. Judging by what people have said in the past, we should be expecting to sell 1,000+ season books.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:00 am

This is a great deal.However,more publicity required,perhaps an advert in The Advertiser?
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:32 pm

[quote="YeOldeHamiltonian"]This is a great deal.However,more publicity required,perhaps an advert in The Advertiser?[/quote

YES, YOH, you are spot-on. Spoke to a PATG friend who has regularly come to NDP for the last few seasons when Rangers were not at home. He was totally unaware of the deal and (almost) refused to believe me that £150 was not just for concessions. It made his £600 'Gers Season Ticket Price for 2016/17 perhaps just a little overpriced :?: :lol:

The Club, as usual, miss a huge opportunity to capture potential new support, not only with the Adult Ticket price, but the under 16's bargain as well.

Apart from the Advertiser, there's the East Kilbride News and the Rutherglen Reformer. Has no one at the Club, the initiative, or authority, to be pro-active on this?? Time will tell.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:49 am

It's pretty shocking that the Advertiser didn't feature the prices on the back page this week? Have they mentioned it at all?
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:33 am

Stevie Clarke wrote:It's pretty shocking that the Advertiser didn't feature the prices on the back page this week? Have they mentioned it at all?

Yes, it's surprising this isn't generating more publicity, not just in the Advertiser, but the national media.

The club shouldn't really need to spend money on advertising this, when the likelihood is the club'll be taking a big hit on season book income. This deal should sell itself.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:00 pm

Sending flyers round all the schools and boys clubs in Hamilton and surrounding areas wouldn't exactly cost loads either. Need to do it now though before they finish up for the summer.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Kennyh » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:50 pm

As a result of the brilliant prices 3 of us are buying in the next week or two with 4 kids ST's also being taken and we may yet persuade a pal who has never had a ST before as well.

It would be excellent if the clubs vision on pricing is rewarded with a big uplift in sales and the core support has a decent boost as I fear it could be another long hard season.

Our group haven't had ST's for two season now and to be honest having to pay over £40 to bring my two kids to see Accies without a ST meant we just never bothered.
Kennyh
Pub League

Postby accie » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:18 pm

Best value Footie season ticket in Britain bought. Cant believe we have still sold less than 200. 194 to be exact.
accie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:33 pm

accie wrote:Best value Footie season ticket in Britain bought. Cant believe we have still sold less than 200. 194 to be exact.

Is that adult sales or both? Got mine this morning, number 174. Loads of folk who had seasons last term who have still to buy. Maybe leaving it till the last minute, which is understandable.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Beastie » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:13 pm

Jeezo they don't make it easy!
In past seasons I have picked up my ST in August no problem. Been a regular for years now.
I called NDP yesterday and was told that wasn't possible and I had to come into NDP before the 17th June to get it. I explained I live over 100 miles from Hamilton and that was impossible. He said he'd speak to the "Chief Executive " and call me back.
I'm still waiting...so much for being a loyal fan who travels hundreds of miles every season to support the team!
Beastie
Pub League

Postby WAC » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:52 pm

Beastie wrote:Jeezo they don't make it easy!
In past seasons I have picked up my ST in August no problem. Been a regular for years now.
I called NDP yesterday and was told that wasn't possible and I had to come into NDP before the 17th June to get it. I explained I live over 100 miles from Hamilton and that was impossible. He said he'd speak to the "Chief Executive " and call me back.
I'm still waiting...so much for being a loyal fan who travels hundreds of miles every season to support the team!

Too busy dealing with drug deals for the weekend.
WAC
Seaside Leagues

Postby accie » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:05 pm

The 194 was for adult only. Not sure how many kids. Should be a helluva lot at that price.
accie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Euan » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:35 pm

Beastie wrote:Jeezo they don't make it easy!

Didn't realise it was 17th June. Doubt I'll get in before then, I usually get mine towards the end of July. Afternoon off is Wednesday when the office is closed.... If only you could renew online!
Euan
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:23 am

Reading the posts above,what happens to the plenty of folk who can't afford to get one prior to July/ August?
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:41 am

Let me get this straight - the club are somehow unable to post out season tickets to those fans who live further afield? Unbelievable!
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:53 am

Is it really any surprise that the club won't send out tickets via post? From social media to organisation of tickets, easily the worst run club in the prem... but with an absolute cracking ST deal.
"get what you pay for"
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:44 am

I think you have until 17th June if you wish to guarantee the same seat from last year.

I have, in previous years, waited until a little later due to financial constraints and still got the same seat as previous years.

Hopefully, the same thing will happen for this year.
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby porcupine » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:54 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:Let me get this straight - the club are somehow unable to post out season tickets to those fans who live further afield? Unbelievable!

Up until last year, I think, even though you went into the Office with your season renewal money, they could not give you the ticket on the day. All were posted out, mostly very close to the first game of the season. Last year they handed them over when you paid. Sensible.

Beastie's experience is the worst possible customer service scenario. Accies should be more than happy to have support from outwith the town, as too many local Hamiltonians go elswhere for their football. On Beastie's experience, is it surprising?? Common sense in commercial dealings and sales opportunities has never been Accies strong point. Hopefully, someone will have the initiative to post his, and others out on receipt of a cheque (or once it has cleared at the bank 4/5 days maximum).

Un-feckin believable indeed :oops: :oops: :oops:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby saturdaysanny » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:59 pm

yet again, some fans ready to have a go at the club for what was clearly a misunderstanding.

did anyone really think that the club was saying season tickets had to be bought by 17th June or not at all?

as a previous poster said " only if you wanted to keep the same seat ".

instead of applauding what is a great deal, negativity rules.

as a season ticket holder (only wait till just before season starts before buying) I know during the course of the season the seat number means nothing, just sit where you normally sit, there is always plenty of room.

proud to be a happy clapper and coffin dodger.
saturdaysanny
Pub League

Next

Return to The Accies