Transfer Activity - Summer 2016 edition

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Transfer Activity - Summer 2016 edition

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Wed May 18, 2016 2:07 pm

Now that the season is completed and other clubs, including ourselves are releasing players and trying to tie others up on deals, who would you like to see at Accies next season..............

I'll kick off with:

Jamie MacDonald (if Killie get relegated) or Neil Alexander (released) IF McGovern leaves.............

Always quite liked Seabourne.............can he play RB??

Striker?? Definitely need one of them................ideas? Goal scorer(s) from lower leagues........would take Keatings back, tbh, Johnstone from Morton, Shankland from Aberdeen.

Any other thoughts, folks???
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Re: Transfer Activity - Summer 2016 edition

Postby Euan » Wed May 18, 2016 2:19 pm

Remaining realistic, I'd take Josh Magennis from Kilmarnock, if Morris is not returning.
Brophy should complete the step up next season, to become a regular.
Simon Lappin has been released by St Johnstone. He always impressed against us for St Mirren and would be an option for one of our wide attacking roles, although at 33 he's maybe only got one season left in the SPL.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed May 18, 2016 5:32 pm

Denny Johnstone is a Birmingham player on loan at Morton but I agree, would be a good alternative to Morris. Shankland is expected to be in Dons first team squad. Wouldn't be surprised if we sign a Queen's Park player, Woods perhaps? Think we were watching him.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Wed May 18, 2016 10:27 pm

[quote=Wouldn't be surprised if we sign a Queen's Park player, Woods perhaps? Think we were watching him.[/quote]

Have seen him in Queens last three games at Hampden. Looks very useful, full of running, but step up to Premier might be too much? Somebody is almost certain to come in for him as he has goal scoring ability.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby acciescwilson » Sat May 28, 2016 6:21 pm

Faissil El Bakhtaoui at Dunfermline would be cracking signing, proved himself this year at the club scoring 34 goals in all competitions which I think makes him the top scorer in that league , he's out of contract at Dunfermline , and the only other club that is said to be monitoring him is hibs after Motherwell ruled themselves out of signing him, would love to see him sign up.
acciescwilson
Pub League

Postby acciescwilson » Sat May 28, 2016 6:30 pm

Goalkeeping wise if McGovern doesn't sign up which at the moment seems unlikely , I would take Neil Alexander as he's OOC at hearts or more interestingly Danny Rogers at Falkirk. Rogers is on loan from Aberdeen at them right now and has returned to pittodrie , he's only 22 and has been outstanding for them this season. Aberdeen at the moment have there sights set on bagging McGovern from us so Rogers could end up being 3rd choice behind Mark Brown . Would be nice to see him at NDP.
acciescwilson
Pub League

Postby acciescwilson » Sat May 28, 2016 6:34 pm

Corr. Scott Brown is Aberdeens 2nd choice , Mark Brown is at County*
acciescwilson
Pub League

Postby Euan » Mon May 30, 2016 8:14 am

Both Rodgers and El Bahktauol would be good additions.
Euan
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:33 pm

When is the euro Land 50% off sale start?
H9crx
Premiership

Postby acciescwilson » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:12 pm

Interesting to see that Dons have signed some goalkeeper called Joe Lewis but as McGovern was strongly linked with them does this mean he's signing up or still fucking off?
acciescwilson
Pub League

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:34 pm

acciescwilson wrote:Interesting to see that Dons have signed some goalkeeper called Joe Lewis but as McGovern was strongly linked with them does this mean he's signing up or still fucking off?

A couple more decent games in the euros. Even if N.Ireland still lose them could see him maybe get a decent championship club or league 1 club. So doubt he'll be here come the start of the season, I'd be delighted to be wrong though.
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:11 pm

Joe Lewis is a very erratic keeper
Know who I'd rather have.

A bit concerning that we haven't signed anyone and have still to sign up Brophy and D'Acol. If we are promoting young players from the U20s, fair enough. Perhaps play a few in the League Cup but with the best will in the world I don't think they are quite ready to play week in week out in the Premier.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Accies73 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:41 pm

The transfer Inactivity Thread more like.
Accies73
Seaside Leagues

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:50 pm

More than a little worrying......

Pre-season has started we are toiling.

Last season, at this stage, we had Nade, Kurakins, Kurtaj plus a couple of others........hopefully we get a few in.

Devine would've done a job, Williams......come on, Accies....give us a wee sniff of a signing.

Please, God, tell me Canning doesn't think we are good to go :shock:
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:14 pm

A couple of weeks ago he was quoted as saying he didn't think we were far away! That's with Mcgovern and Ziggy yet to leave. I think we are planning on going with the kids. They'll say "what do you expect for £150!"
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:27 pm

Would have been nice to have got some in but the vast majority of moves in this window have still to happen for most, if not all clubs. I think Les was also quoted as saying lots of work had been done in terms of bringing folk in and that we had been proactive? We have still to see the fruits of that alleged labour.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:40 pm

Watched Raith Rovers today doing pre session. Cat looked very sharp! The word is that he has just signed a two year deal with them.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Euan » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:29 am

Realistically, there won't be a lot of activity until the end of the month. A lot of contracts finish then.
The Euros affect the big Clubs transfer market but this filters down to our level too.
I'd assume there is work going on behind the scenes.
Only Rangers are active, but would we be happy with a 37 year old defender and Accrington Stanley players...I doubt it, although I would be excited at signing Krancar.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:59 am

Any slim chance of us keeping McGovern has evaporated with the rave reviews he's had for his performance against Germany in the Euros.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:19 am

Stevie Clarke wrote:A couple of weeks ago he was quoted as saying he didn't think we were far away! That's with Mcgovern and Ziggy yet to leave. I think we are planning on going with the kids. They'll say "what do you expect for £150!"

I've said this a lot recently, you can offer season tickets for £1.50, but if you want to get people to give up their saturday and come along to a football match and support a team, they need to be entertained. The majority of last season I wondered why I'd bothered showing up. I'm optimistic that we're gonna somehow strengthen our team.
judgeflash
Premiership

Next

Return to The Accies