Transfer Activity - Summer 2016 edition

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Transfer Activity - Summer 2016 edition

Postby Yummy Fur » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:44 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:Although he clearly wasn't the answer, were we too hasty in letting Kurakins go? He'd just been part of a defence that did very well at Ibrox and when played as part of a back five last season his performances improved. He was abysmal against Morton but then so was Devlin, Sarris and most of the team. To get rid of him and have Gillespie taken out of his position to fill the gap is madness. Either sign a replacement before you let him go or keep him and muddle on. McMann might come in if he can stay injury free but he's very inexperienced and will get the stick Kurakins got if he has a couple of poor games. It all looks a bit of a shambles and I really fear we will go down now.

I see in the Daily Record article that they've had 3 deals done all which fell through so you wonder if Kurakins release was done with the expectation that they had a replacement sorted.

I've no issue with Gillespie being our regular right back as I feel he has been one of our most consistent performers this season and also has the mobility to play in that position but he needs a run of games to develop there and constantly being shifted to left back doesn't help him or the team.

In fairness to Darren Lyon I thought up until Fir Park he had been showing improvement but I've always wondered if he's mobile or quick enough to be a natural full back, I think a bit of a shocker on Saturday (with others) might mean we won't see him in that position again.
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:02 pm

The left back that Canning didn't think was the answer last month now apparently is the answer. Hammy Ad tweeted earlier that Lennard Sowah is expected to sign until January. 24 years old with no pedigree, what could go wrong? To be fair, a few folk who saw him play for the U20s thought he looked very good.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:20 pm

No playing record of note for a few years and we have thrown away 2 months of fitness after not signing him in August. Lets give the guy a chance but lets remember the club only have faith enough to give him a 3 month contract.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Yummy Fur » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:07 pm

Should be a perfect signing for the Accies twitterati - if he does well then he should of been signed 2 months ago (joke of a club etc....) if he doesn't do well then he can added to the list of failed signings to be cast up at every opportunity (joke of a club etc.....) - it's a win win scenario.
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:22 pm

Honesty

If the club were honest they would not look like the incompetent clowns they look like juts now!

This should have been the press statement

We can't agree terms with the player as he is out with our playing budget!

We are delighted to announce that the club and player have come to a agreement in wage as the player has dropped his demands!

But the way this has been done looks like we have settled for some one the manager did not rate!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:30 pm

H9crx wrote:Honesty

If the club were honest they would not look like the incompetent clowns they look like juts now!

This should have been the press statement

We can't agree terms with the player as he is out with our playing budget!

We are delighted to announce that the club and player have come to a agreement in wage as the player has dropped his demands!

But the way this has been done looks like we have settled for some one the manager did not rate!

We look forward to your informed opinion of his efforts on the field ;)
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby beckfordlodge » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:34 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:The left back that Canning didn't think was the answer last month now apparently is the answer. Hammy Ad tweeted earlier that Lennard Sowah is expected to sign until January. 24 years old with no pedigree, what could go wrong? To be fair, a few folk who saw him play for the U20s thought he looked very good.

Agree smacks of desperation. A guy who has only played 5 games of note (all as a sub I believe) for Portsmouth 6 years ago and looked the part in an u20s game will probably walk into our 1st team setup.

Why not give other young players who have been impressive over many games in the u20s a chance if that’s the standard the management are rating them against.
beckfordlodge
Pub League

Previous

Return to The Accies