Attempted Fraud

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Attempted Fraud

Postby Gilbaldo » Mon May 02, 2016 12:15 am

Just had a bizarre phone call, at 5 to midnight from a withheld number. The caller gave his name as Stephen Cowan (his manager is apparently Stephen Cunningham) and stated that he was a club employee, wanting me to renew my season ticket over the phone. He thought it was OK to call at this time because of the 5 hour time difference between where he was at the stadium and my home. (Funnily enough I can get there by car in 5 minutes.)

Even after I pointed this out to him, he insisted that I had called him from an international number so that's why he thought it was acceptable behaviour. He said it was fine because of the public holiday tomorrow.

Anyway, he had my name and details so can only assume that it was a clumsy attempt to defraud me of a payment for the ticket. Plus he told me the season ticket would be £330 for next season.

Not really what I wanted to deal with at this time of night. If he really was a club employee then is was incredibly unprofessional and he had the price wrong. I suspect that this was not the case and plan to inform the club in the morning.
Gilbaldo
Seaside Leagues

Re: Attempted Fraud

Postby The Bajan Bandit » Mon May 02, 2016 3:50 am

I thought this was about the police finally catching up with Accies for trying to pass Canning of as a manager
The Bajan Bandit
Seaside Leagues

Postby Willie Wastle » Mon May 02, 2016 8:56 am

The most suspicious aspect of this was the idea that you could pay your season ticket by credit/debit card. Preposterous!
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Gilbaldo » Mon May 02, 2016 1:16 pm

I have been i contact with the club's commercial department. There is no such employee by the name shown above.
Gilbaldo
Seaside Leagues

Postby glasgow accie » Tue May 03, 2016 12:45 pm

Have you informed the police ?
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby brogansrightpeg » Tue May 03, 2016 5:05 pm

Remember a few years ago the club in error sent earlier emails out to each st holder and had each persons contact details as visible?
Massive Alan ate everything
brogansrightpeg
Seaside Leagues

Return to The Accies