Play-offs

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Play-offs

Postby The Bajan Bandit » Sun May 01, 2016 3:12 am

After yesterday i think Kilmarnock will pick at up least 7 points (probably 9) from there last 3 games , i just can not see us picking up anything at Dens and our record at home to Inverness is rank so it looks like the play-offs for us now , we will more than likely be behind Killie going into the last league game , would we stand any chance against a team who were up for a fight and playing well in a two-legged play-off , "just another game" Canning would wet his knickers against Houston or Stubbs .
The Bajan Bandit
Seaside Leagues

Re: Play-offs

Postby Willie Wastle » Sun May 01, 2016 10:39 am

If Killie carry yesterday's form into the last 3 games, and we play like we did, then they may well get 9 points, and we'll get none.

But I don't think either will happen. I think we'll win at least one of our remaining games, which means Killie can only afford to draw one, and they must win their other two. Then they need us to lose our other two.

Yesterday was a terrible result and almost as bad a performance. It could hardly have been worse (more goals and a red card?) but it still isn't disastrous. We're still 4 points ahead with only 9 to play for.

Whose position would you rather be in, ours or Killie's? Our fate is in our hands, theirs isn't. They had their day yesterday, but I still think it'll be them, not us, in the play-offs.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Return to The Accies