*If* we stay up..

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

*If* we stay up..

Postby judgeflash » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:53 pm

After reading more rumours today in the tabloids about Mcgoverns future, is anyone else concerned we are gonna have an even more depleted team next season? Both Ziggy and Mcgovern *Arguably our two best players this season* look set to leave for free, with Morris probably going back to Norwich.
I don't expect any 'names' at Hamilton, I do hope we strengthen with a couple of journeymen *who can still go* to help guide our impressive youth .
judgeflash
Premiership

Re: *If* we stay up..

Postby Willie Wastle » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:55 pm

judgeflash wrote:After reading more rumours today in the tabloids about Mcgoverns future, is anyone else concerned we are gonna have an even more depleted team next season? Both Ziggy and Mcgovern *Arguably our two best players this season* look set to leave for free, with Morris probably going back to Norwich.
I don't expect any 'names' at Hamilton, I do hope we strengthen with a couple of journeymen *who can still go* to help guide our impressive youth .

There's your problem right there.

Let's wait and see who leaves. I agree McGovern looks a cert to go. It would be a pity if the club ends up not getting a fee for Ziggy. And there will be the usual churn.

I'd like to see us acquiring a creative midfielder who contributes goals, and a goal-scoring centre forward who can play the lone striker role, but I think the chances of us getting both are slim, so I'd settle for just one. I'd also like to see us get a new left back, for obvious reasons. And I'd like us to plug the gaps that arise with comparable quality. It's a lot to ask for.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:48 pm

Did Lucas not indicate a while back that he was looking to return home?

I was watching the round up programme on BT from the National League. Bearing in mind Motherwell unearthed a bit of a gem from Wrexham in Louis Moult, there is a striker at Barrow called Andy Cook who has scored 22 goals this season. Not done anything any higher up but at 25 time is still on his side. There are a few more prolific strikers in that league but realistically I couldn't see them coming to us. Barrow are a very small club though and we are certainly a big step up. Maybe Morris would be happy to stay for another year, he must know there is little chance of him breaking through at Norwich and any loan move down south would probably be to League 2.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:12 pm

Still some work to do this season.

But next year will be even more difficult and that's why our signing policy will need to be much improved - we cant afford bad signings from either a football or a financial perspective.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:27 pm

There was a big guy called Lucas Akins who was banging in a hat-trick on Saturday down south... :roll: :roll: :roll:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Euan » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:02 pm

If Killie go down, their keeper MacDonald has been getting good reviews and might be a possible replacement for McGovern.
I'd take Morris for another season, if he's willing.
Brophy should breakthrough as a good backup option up front, so an attacking midfielder with goals would be my priority, especially as Dougie is likely to feature less.
Euan
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:58 pm

Imrie has been our best player this season according to many,both McGloves and Ziggy have had shaky periods.

Once we get this sorted,we should plan our recruitment ASAP to ensure we hit the ground running next season.

Hopefully,really go to town with publishing the £150 Season Ticket offer.A lot of non Season Ticket holders have indicated they will be buying.....you never know,a good take up and we could build another Stand for our own fans to either replace The Gazebo or behind the goals.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:46 am

1st thing accies need to do is punt Canning weather we stay up or not. Last few games it has been clear that the players are playing for there futures not the management.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:24 am

Willie Wastle wrote:
judgeflash wrote:After reading more rumours today in the tabloids about Mcgoverns future, is anyone else concerned we are gonna have an even more depleted team next season? Both Ziggy and Mcgovern *Arguably our two best players this season* look set to leave for free, with Morris probably going back to Norwich.

Let's wait and see who leaves. I agree McGovern looks a cert to go. It would be a pity if the club ends up not getting a fee for Ziggy. And there will be the usual churn.

I'd like to see us acquiring a creative midfielder who contributes goals, and a goal-scoring centre forward who can play the lone striker role, but I think the chances of us getting both are slim, so I'd settle for just one. I'd also like to see us get a new left back, for obvious reasons. And I'd like us to plug the gaps that arise with comparable quality. It's a lot to ask for.

Well i'm afraid it's not my problem, unless 'my problem' involves direct quotes from Mcgovern stating he's not renewing his contract with us?
Same with Ziggy.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:28 am

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:Imrie has been our best player this season according to many,both McGloves and Ziggy have had shaky periods.

Once we get this sorted,we should plan our recruitment ASAP to ensure we hit the ground running next season.

Hopefully,really go to town with publishing the £150 Season Ticket offer.A lot of non Season Ticket holders have indicated they will be buying.....you never know,a good take up and we could build another Stand for our own fans to either replace The Gazebo or behind the goals.

Whilst Dougie has certainly ran his arse off for us nearly every single game, I dunno if I would call him our best player this season, certainly our hardest worker by far.
Losing Ziggy and Mcgovern will be a MAJOR loss, that's definite quality our team is gonna lose, hard to replace without cost too.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:58 pm

judgeflash wrote:
Willie Wastle wrote:

Well i'm afraid it's not my problem, unless 'my problem' involves direct quotes from Mcgovern stating he's not renewing his contract with us?
Same with Ziggy.

We're not debating McGovern and Gordon - unfortunately everyone realises they're likely to leave in the summer. I was questioning why you think many more will leave, purely on the strength of reading, and giving credence to, what you yourself describe as "tabloid rumours".
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:19 pm

Same with Ziggy.[/quote]
We're not debating McGovern and Gordon - unfortunately everyone realises they're likely to leave in the summer. I was questioning why you think many more will leave, purely on the strength of reading, and giving credence to, what you yourself describe as "tabloid rumours".[/quote]

I'm suggesting a more depleted team = Mcgovern and Ziggy going with no suitable replacements, not that more to follow. Although I could easily see some departing after awkard seasons.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:07 pm

Leaving at the end of the season will be
Mcgovern, Gordon, Lucas, Kurtaj, Morris, Diaby, then your miby's Daz, Jesus, Kurakins, wee Danny and Crawford. Is brophy out of contract as well?
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:37 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:1st thing accies need to do is punt Canning weather we stay up or not. Last few games it has been clear that the players are playing for there futures not the management.

For me the upturn in form and results has made things anything but clear in respect of MC's long term position. In what way is it clear the players are solely responsible for the brink of safety ?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:14 pm

I wanted Canning sacked and shouted for him to go at the derby defeat but it's a bit rich folk only praising the players when we win and focusing their ire on Canning when we lose.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:46 am

Both management and players have to hold equal responsibility. However when everyone in the stadium can see poor tactics/mid game decisions taking place, that lies with the management team. The recent 2 wins don't make up for the dire spell under Canning, I'd still be happy to see him go and replaced with an experienced manager.
Redmond *not been fit in years* , Diaby and Kurakins can go. Mcgovern and Gordon are two massive gaps left in quality.
I doubt Ali will go, he's not had a great season and has a contract for another 2 years. I'd be happy to keep Lucas, Jesus and Kurtaj if they're on rolling 1 year contracts. Kurtaj is a weird one, all sorts of rumours about falling out with Canning etc, signs of greatness mixed with boredom.

PS just read that Daily Record interview with MC, we have ''over a dozen players out of contract'' ? Any idea the certs ?
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Euan » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:03 pm

Saw the advertiser at work today, McGovern was saying he might stay if we are in the SPL as he really enjoys playing for Accies.
Euan
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:31 am

Euan wrote:Saw the advertiser at work today, McGovern was saying he might stay if we are in the SPL as he really enjoys playing for Accies.

The day previous he said in the DR or Sun that he's going to wait to see what offers are available after the euros. If Rangers come knocking, he's gone sadly. Bring back Cuthbert ;D I wish I'd been able to see some of Martin in goals to be able to judge if he's premier quality.
judgeflash
Premiership

Return to The Accies