Latest Club Statement- Embarrassed to read this!

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Latest Club Statement- Embarrassed to read this!

Postby porcupine » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:24 pm

This afternoon's emailed Statement from the Club, (to whom I presume is to season ticket holders only) is another embarrassment, full of bad grammar, poor command of typing basics, and worst of all praising our Youth Policy having had Steven Hendry on our books as a professional footballer. I wonder what Stephen Hendrie thinks of that when he hears about this!! Here is the full Statement. I have asked them to comment on what, IMO, is a pathetic statement. :oops:

CLUB STATEMENT

We are proud to share with you a brief insight into some of the great community work your Club has had acknowledged yet again via the Scottish Parliament following a recent visit by MSPs; Margaret Mitchell, Ruth Davidson and BBC Scotland, who were given a warm welcome last week at New Douglas Park.

A return visit for Margaret Mitchell MSP following her recent Awards presentation to our Youth Academy Apprentices and a first for Ruth Davidson MSP. The visit, which was to enable the parliamentarians to meet directly with our Outreach Team; a recently developed function of your Club’s Community Trust; the charitable arm of the football Club and the platform to allow us to engage and support the whole community; combining our sporting influence with opportunities available helping to create a better community in our town and the surrounding areas.

The aims and objectives of the Outreach Team, led by Garry King & Lisa Kerr, directly supported by George Cairns & Catriona McRoberts of the Community Trust, is to tackle the many challenges our communities face, given the current climate of austerity cuts in particular.

Yourself as a supporter of Hamilton Academical FC, our Board of Directors, Management, Staff, Volunteers and the Community as a whole should take great pride in the achievements to date, which with your input, directly or otherwise; has resulted in the many hundreds upon thousands across our community, to receive direct support, help and guidance to allow them to become happier, feel healthier and above all, included within their community.

It is the fundamental objective of the Club’s charity, the Community Trust, to utilise these vast opportunities brought about by the success of our football club, to continue to make a positive impact for our community now and for the many generations to come.

Your support, which has been essential, has contributed towards the success of the following in-house support and projects:

Youth Academy Development: Our Academy rated as one of the best in Scotland and which has produced some of the countries finest footballers, notably James McArthur, James McCarthy and Stephen Hendry among others and is a unique example of what can be achieved through our community focussed initiatives.
HAFC Ladies & Girls: Established in 1992, our Women & Girls Football Club now also benefit from accessing our state of the art pitch, facilities and physio/administrative support at New Douglas Park.
Blameless: From pre-school years through to adolescence, the charity is guide and support those most vulnerable and at risk, to focus on their self-esteem, confidence, education, sport and healthier lifestyle in the hope that they will become more socially aware and responsible members of society.
Autism & ASN Community: Parent Support Groups, family outings, sports and events, including our own Additional Support Needs football team allows all children, youths and their families to feel happy, accepted and included within our Club.
Deaf Network Scotland: our association with this important charity includes offering BSL courses and supportive volunteering opportunities among other positive partnership working.

Community Cafe: We open our doors weekly each Thursday from 11.30am – 2.30pm to the whole community in a relaxed informal setting. Where a variety of third sector organisations and businesses are on hand to help with matters relating to health, wellbeing, education, finance and social activities etc.
The Shed Men: Isolation, loneliness can arise during retirement/redundancy and this project we support and house achieves a great success in maintaining good mental health and inclusion within our community.
Soldiers Off The Street: We support the many homeless veterans within society and provide food, warm, shelter and sign posting to maximise the opportunity of successful community reintegration.
Training For Freedom: our close association with the Scottish Prison Service, we have offered to assist with reintegrating offenders and it has been clearly evident that this intervention works.
Fellowships: We are happy to accommodate the 12 step recovery programmes, including: Gamblers Anonymous, Cocaine Anonymous, Family Anonymous and Alcoholic Anonymous.

Since 1874, Hamilton Academical FC has experienced similar highs and lows similar to every other football club; it’s the nature of the game. Regardless, the sheer joy or torment experienced, please always reflect, remember and appreciate that your Club’s insight, vision, as well as Premiership status, Elite Youth Academy and state of the art 4g pitch combined, marks the quality, attractiveness and magnetism of our club.

With 800 sqm of open space and one football; has evolved into one of the best community spirited Clubs across Scotland, endorsed as a blue print for the future for other SPFL Clubs to follow....Thank you!
HAMILTON ACADEMICAL FOOTBALL CLUB
porcupine
Premiership

Re: Latest Club Statement- Embarrassed to read this!

Postby Gaspode » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:55 pm

You are obviously easily annoyed.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby porcupine » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:56 pm

Statement not exclusive to ST holders, as I thought, but available for the world to see on Accies FC web site. mmmmmmmm :roll:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:31 pm

Gaspode wrote:You are obviously easily annoyed.

You mis-understand. This shows a complete lack of professionalism in presenting one's business 'ethos' to the public. Perhaps unsurprising for those that appear to be running the Stadium/Football Club at present. Should we not be concentrating our core message in seeking support for those remaining games to secure our top-flight status?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Euan » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:08 am

Apart from the Stephen Hendrie faux pas, I wasn't particularly aware of grammatical error or spelling mistakes.
It may well have been written by someone younger (the ethos in schools nowadays is less emphasis on grammar and spelling) and not from the football side of the Club (so wouldn't have known the intricacies of Stephen's name).
It's an a attempt to be positive about the Club as a whole, 'bigging up' their charity work and community projects.
I can't see anything to get annoyed about, even given this crucial time of the season.

If it was written by Martin Canning, while the first team were out chapping doors in an attempt to provide company to the lonely housebound in Whitehill, then I'd see your point about concentrating on the next match, but as it was likely written by someone in the office, so what!

It wasn't necessary but it wasn't provocative so either appreciate what the Club do in the community and applaud it or delete the email and ignore it, but don't let it spoil your day.
Concentrate on the Football.
Euan
Premiership

Postby really? » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:46 am

Perhaps the statement doesn't flow as well as it might, but it's still good to read about all the good work the Club do in the local community. Access deserve recognition for this and it's a shame that only two (Tory) MSPs can be bothered to acknowledge this - where's the local MSP?
really?
Seaside Leagues

Postby Neilhoodwasmyhero » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:06 pm

Maybe it's having 30 years working in the same occupation as porcupine, but I'm with him on this one. Very sloppy and unprofessional. Whoever wrote it needs somebody to run their musings past before they hit the outside world. (I've read this over about ten times, I'm sure I'll have made a mistake somewhere, but I can't find it) :oops:
Neilhoodwasmyhero
Seaside Leagues

Postby acciesusername » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:47 pm

Clearly he enjoyed the attention from his first statement so much he decided to try again, its just unfortunate he hasn't developed the skills to do it properly in the last week.

This looks like the work of a child. It has clearly been corrected just enough to pass through an automated spelling/grammar checker cleanly but is appallingly badly written and often makes no sense at all.

Can we have someone who at least completed primary school review these in the future please.
acciesusername
Pub League

Postby porcupine » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:48 pm

Here's the Clubs' response. (The square things in-between are smiling faces)

Wright again  sorry your embarrassed about my poor education considering knight skool. But seriously should have never left skool at 15. Will get proof reader

A reply like this is even more unprofessional than the original statement and apparently being treated as one big laugh. How can the Club portray themselves as a professional outfit with this type of communication? We just look to be employing the wrong people in a PR role.

I doubt, however, that I will receive a further response from the Club in my reply to the above.

Thanks for the last two posters support here! Some of you realise the importance of any media statements!!
porcupine
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:51 pm

Yes,a few incorrect errors,but more important things to worry about...like preserving our SPL status.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:45 pm

Accies girls get nothing from the club. Parents pay monthly fee and parents have to buy training kit also.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby really? » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:45 pm

really?
Seaside Leagues

Return to The Accies