Dundee Utd .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby Admin » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:29 pm

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Dundee Utd .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby Bluesy » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:16 pm

a really big game.

Please attack them Martin - sit back and we'll lose.

Same line up as the first half v Dundee please
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:03 pm

Agree with Bluesy. Draws in our next two games would be fine for us, but it's vital our coaches and players don't approach them on this basis. Two wins secures our season, and we should be going out to get them.

On the face of it, a draw at Tannadice is OK, but if Killie win at Inverness in the earlier kick-off, that puts added pressure on us, and turns next week into an even bigger game than it already is. Alternatively, if we win on Sunday, United can no longer catch us, and it's even tougher for Killie.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby glasgow accie » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:51 pm

That will do :D
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby accie » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:45 pm

Great performance by just about everyone. McGloves had a couple of great saves just before we scored the 2nd which changed the whole complexion of the game. We won almost every man v man battle on the pitch. Roll on next Saturday and a similar performance. :D :D :D
accie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Tumbleweed » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:46 pm

Excellent stuff - about time we got stuck in about a team, although Utd were pretty poor. No failures, even Kurakin's did well and we had cover when he was caught out of position. Thoroughly enjoyable - well done Martin and the boys :)
Tumbleweed
Pub League

Postby H9crx » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:54 pm

Well done the team and the management team.

Fantastic result
H9crx
Premiership

Postby 90mins+ET » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:16 pm

Great result today. If only we attacked like that throughout the season. Hopefully we crush Killie next Saturday.
90mins+ET
Pub League

Postby Euan » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:38 am

That is our best line up, the one I would chose if picking the team, so when I saw that I was quite confident. Great result, which gives us a decent gap over Killie and the chance to condem them to 11th spot next weekend.
Euan
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:59 am

I was impressed with how confident the team were. I know it was against the bottom team, but we looked as confident and attacking as I've seen in a while now. It was great to see Morris getting another couple. He's had plenty of stick (lots from me), but he's actually scored some really important goals this season. Next week's our biggest game since Hibs away.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:15 am

Looks like we are just coming onto a run of good form at the right time of the season. Let's hit Killie quickly on Saturday and ensure our last three games are played without angst and pressure of 'play-off place' nerves.
Well done team.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby really? » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:19 am

United were okay going forward but very poor defensively - so many break away opportunities - if Dougie could pick out a pass we'd have scored 6. Morris got some very rough treatment and was booked for diving when he was clearly pushed - he gets no protection from Scottish refs but has to keep his head or he'll get sent off for complaining.
really?
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:27 am

A superb performance with each player well on top of his opponent. Not much has else to say, bold tactics from MC, he could have parked the bus after the Killie result but he went for it and deserves credit for that.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Burst Baws » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:33 pm

Superb performance and one filled with confidence which has come back in spades the past few weeks.
Delighted for all the players and Canning who have taken some undeserved and over the top abuse lately.
It's amazing to see that the MMs are all quiet now, surely they can come on here and give the team some deserved praise. Even WAH is usually quiet, not much to say when the team play well.... They don't like that :D
Burst Baws
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:47 pm

I was absolutely delighted yesterday. I really hope Canning proves a lot of us wrong. However, that does not alter the fact that he should have been sacked after Annan. I think we'll be fine but next season is a huge challenge,if, as said elsewhere, we lose the core of the team. Will Canning cut it then?
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:47 pm

Smashing performance.

Put Utd under pressure from the start and won comfortably.

Morris played well and there were no failures.....same again on Saturday, please...
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Return to The Accies