PRESS RELEASE - Colin McGowan

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: PRESS RELEASE - Colin McGowan

Postby Accies Finest Spark » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:14 am

accies1874 wrote:
redandwhite1874 wrote:At the clear risk of being misinterpreted; I would add that I agree with the poster regarding those almost looking for offence and if those who feel they are being targeted are bastions of anti homophobic and gender neutral behaviour then fair enough - but I would perhaps be surprised. I criticised the statement from McGowan whilst recognising that there are perhaps those who think they can behave as they please.

The club only seems to come out when its to criticise the fans and never recognises those folk who go home and away - that was my main gripe and not as much as asking people to behave reasonably. Also 'bigging up' the sponsors annoyed me more that his other comments - did we ever find out who the undersigned are who are proclaiming to represent 'the fans'?

I see some comments are now criticising the entire board in general. For some perspective, on Sunday afternoon I happened to be down the Palace Grounds and saw what appeared to be U15s? Accies v Hearts - present was Allan Maitland who was supporting the team and he seemed to know them all by name. Not really evidence of not caring and probably not what some people want to hear; but there you are.

That bit actually annoyed me. The fact that someone can come out and think that they are representative of all of the fans. We all have differing opinions. This forum shows that we probably aren't ready to have a proper committee for the fans, but we all need to work together as we all support the one club. We all want what's best for Accies. Pretty much everyone disliked McGowan's statement for one reason or another, though. Due to this, we should've worked together to respond to it as a group.

Are you or anyone else happy we have a chief executive with zero interest in the playing side of a FOOTBALL CLUB? Does anyone realise that by Hamilton academical being a registered charity owned by a syndicate in essence namely Edencrest that those involved are making money from it but not willing to put it back into the playing side of a the club and are inputting to the charities they are involved or in the case of mr mcgowans associates in scotia aid there own pockets.

If anyone wants to google shoreline and obtain the articles where they are being investigated for alleged non payments to Sierra Leone they can post the links to here.

The time of Hamilton Accies fans sitting back and allowing owners/board members to take the p**h out of us all is gone.

You can either stand back and allow it to continue or actually get off your backside voice your displeasure and actually delve into the clubs finances and certain board members backgrounds where it is plain to see they are clearly making cash and srent prepared to put it back in to playing staff.

Mr McGowan well known links to gangsters, threatened Raith fans with selling Starks parks and building flats, involved in potential betting scandals, like it or not homophobic statements about violinists the statement issued to the press was sent on to LGBT Scotland who were outraged and are preparing a statement, a sexist comment issued to us that women's aid Scotland aren't particularly happy about and will be writing to the club for clarification on it & finally the nursery at the ground astonished to find and investigate themselves who exactly is involved at Hamilton Accies.

Stand up and be counted and get OUR club back in the right hands or sit down and pay your money and don't say anything as per Mr McGowan choice is yours

I know which stance I'm taking.
Last edited by Accies Finest Spark on Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Accies Finest Spark
Pub League

Postby really? » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:54 am

"homophobic statements about violinists the statement issued to the press was sent on to LGBT Scotland who were outraged and are preparing a statement"

I can't wait. I'm sure that responding to CMcG will be top of LGBT Scotland's agenda. What a bore - who cares what LGBT Scotland think about what someone at Accies said and why do the professionally offended need to email the professionally outraged about a statement made to the press and, presumably, widely reported?

Can we talk about football now?
really?
Seaside Leagues

Postby glasgow accie » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:59 pm

Todd_is_God wrote:
glasgow accie wrote:Re. Tatty......this sums up what is going in with HAFC and Mr. McGowan........
Speak out against him and you are no longer wanted and/or threatened with expulsion and a ban .
Starting to remind me of the Billy Reid era with TIG and his dad ......... :oops:

If i take up playing the violin, reckon i'd get back in? :lol:

:lol:
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby Bomber Harris » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:12 pm

Still no one answering the question of what does the chief executive of our football club do for the actual football club????????? Oh and I agree with the press that he should resign from his position as chief executive
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:06 pm

https://www.sundaypost.com/news/reveale ... -millions/
https://www.sundaypost.com/news/reveale ... -millions/
http://www.snouts-in-the-trough.com/archives/14626

This company has nothing to do with Colin McGowan, unless anyone knows differently, but these are the folk that we allow to sponsor our away kit.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:48 pm

Now some fans like a dig at any thing I say, but unless the BOD distance them selfs and are seen to be doing so,from reported dodgy charity's and shady people. They can only be see to be involved in the goings on with in our club. Regardless if they know a few youth players by name.

I can't wait to see who our big new sponcer will be Panama holdings?
H9crx
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:10 pm

That charity stuff is perhaps the most concerning part of all of this. Not sure why only 1 guy is named in the stories when you would have expected other info to be in the public domain. When tax is very much in the public eye this just looks dodgy and could do with the club clarifying their position on this.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby silverfox » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:38 pm

For what it's worth, I am offended that I have spent £350 on a season book which was pretty worthless, given all the freebies which are handed out on a week to week basis especially in the Vaults.

I am offended that there does not appear to be any level of accountability for the poor performances and poor signings that we have had to put up with this year and then have had to make do with banal statements of "keep the faith".

I am offended that the club dismisses any attempts to move into the modern era and foster better relationships with the fans through things fans value, including a better web presence, and a more organised and better supplied club shop. The overwhelming sense is Accies fans should "put up and shut up" .

Of course my concerns pales into insignificance compared to the ones AFS raised, but the reality is the most professionally offended person appears to be CMG himself
silverfox
Seaside Leagues

Postby monkeybones » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:25 pm

Well said silverfox

The above is the most sensible, level headed, mature and to the point post I have seen on here in at least two years....

This is what needs to atriculated to the owners by the fans in a grown up way.
monkeybones
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bonjella » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:25 am

silverfox wrote:For what it's worth, I am offended that I have spent £350 on a season book which was pretty worthless, given all the freebies which are handed out on a week to week basis especially in the Vaults.

I am offended that there does not appear to be any level of accountability for the poor performances and poor signings that we have had to put up with this year and then have had to make do with banal statements of "keep the faith".

I am offended that the club dismisses any attempts to move into the modern era and foster better relationships with the fans through things fans value, including a better web presence, and a more organised and better supplied club shop. The overwhelming sense is Accies fans should "put up and shut up" .

Of course my concerns pales into insignificance compared to the ones AFS raised, but the reality is the most professionally offended person appears to be CMG himself

Hear Hear re the £350 next year would have been my tenth in a row for my book, no way will I be taken for a mug again. if they lower the price I may consider, but vastly overpriced and the comps need to be sorted.

BTW fair play to all that get them, I just fear the gate income is non existent.
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?
Bonjella
Pub League

Postby Stevie Clarke » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:50 pm

Unless the comp situation is sorted out, I won't be buying a season ticket even if they drop it to £250!
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby cdisaaccie » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:03 pm

Season tickets £150 next season.

Still not happy with McGowan being involved, see he's pictured with Ruth Davidson today - nasty man speaking to the nasty party.
cdisaaccie
Pub League

Postby Stevie Clarke » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:18 pm

£150? They should be free after what I've just seen on STV. Hosting a PR day for the Scottish Tories, with Ruthie Tank Commander cosying up to Mr McGowan. The shame!
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:45 pm

Passing the main stadium entrance at virtually every home game this season, I, too, have been brasses-off seeing loads of people clutching complementary tickets. Gone are the days, it seems, when a 'comp' was for journalists or close family of a player.

Regardless of the fairly recent free child tickets deal, there are those of us who have bought seasons for decades, in the mistaken loyalty that it helped finance the club through the close season. Many of us know we will not make it to every game, so a loss leader for us.

We don't know if it is the Stadium Company, in whatever guise at Companies House, or the Football Club who have flooded the area with comps every home game. Like many others, and at whatever price next season, it will be Pay At The Gate for one who has had a Season Ticket since the 80's.

The public statement shows a cavalier regard for its core customers.☹️
porcupine
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:20 pm

Next season it's probably worth sticking with your 30 odd year habit
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:22 pm

porcupine wrote:Passing the main stadium entrance at virtually every home game this season, I, too, have been brasses-off seeing loads of people clutching complementary tickets. Gone are the days, it seems, when a 'comp' was for journalists or close family of a player.

I too have passed the main entrance almost every home game and have grew increasingly frustrated week after week when you see adults as well as kids brazenly walking up to who I assume is youth coach holding a stack of tickets and just asking for one. I've yet to see anyone refused. I have been a season ticket holder for about ten years now after being pay at the gate for almost every home game for a few years before then. But I've increasingly thought what's the point. I've been paying hundreds of pounds a year when I could get into every home game for free. Plenty others do it.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby porcupine » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:10 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:Next season it's probably worth sticking with your 30 odd year habit

Didn't quite understand that comment, R & W...please clarify, especially as there are a number of long standing ST holders of the same opinion.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:44 am

porcupine wrote:
redandwhite1874 wrote:Next season it's probably worth sticking with your 30 odd year habit

Didn't quite understand that comment, R & W...please clarify, especially as there are a number of long standing ST holders of the same opinion.

It was only a reference to the 150 quid pricing and in terms that folk like you should benefit from it and not just any new fans.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:24 am

Further to my post above re comps. I should also say I'm all for tickets been given to schools or kids teams now and again. Especially for games where there is a low attendance expected, fill the gazebo with kids but for these games but not every week.

It's when you see it every week tickets getting handed out at the main doors that it annoys me.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Accies Finest Spark » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:52 am

Red and white hoops wrote:Further to my post above re comps. I should also say I'm all for tickets been given to schools or kids teams now and again. Especially for games where there is a low attendance expected, fill the gazebo with kids but for these games but not every week.

It's when you see it every week tickets getting handed out at the main doors that it annoys me.

What if these are legitimate ?

I know one of the players quite well and get comps every other week home and away.
Accies Finest Spark
Pub League

PreviousNext

Return to The Accies