Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies .V. Dundee - MATCH THREAD

Postby Admin » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:26 am

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Accies .V. Dundee - MATCH THREAD

Postby Bomber Harris » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:58 am

Pumped 4-0 again but we're a small club that's punching above our weight and we have a good bunch of boy that have had a good week in training. The fans need to take a reality check because we have the smallest budget in the league. That's football for you.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:02 pm

Yet another doing beckons. Don't know why we bother any more. We'll play hoofball for ninety minutes, get beat by a few then Martin will come out and patronise us all, the board will see nothing wrong and we'll continue this trend to the end of the season.

Relegation is coming, I've no doubt about that.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby The Bajan Bandit » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:03 pm

Canning has already started his pre-match negative campaign of lets talk about how good the opponents players are AGAIN, neither wonder our players are drained of any confidence , when has this guy ever been positive as our manager yet he expects the players to be when his only instruction is play hoofball .

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/824494916?-19317:5410:0
The Bajan Bandit
Seaside Leagues

Postby Hooper » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:50 pm

With brophy coming off at half time last night in 20s game I feel he must be playing some part against dundee
Hooper
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:52 pm

Well the good results against Celtic and ICT seem so far away after a desperate effort last Sunday; and also when seen in the wider perspective of only getting results by parking the bus.

451 is the only way to go and leave daft risks to the side; but even then efforts to replace underperformers are likely to be as a result of frustration than any realism that the replacements will be any better eg if Redmond were to replace Kurtaj.

Stewart could rip the passenger that is Kurakins for 90 mins; and god knows what striker Canning will go for ? 460 might be the way he will go. Individual errors like Ziggy's will also be punished if they are not eradicated.

I think perhaps the 'best' team would be:
McGovern
Ziggy Devlin Lucas Kurakins
Imrie Ali Daz Docherty Kurtaj
Brophy
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Chase Outlaw » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:11 pm

Entertaining 3-3 draw Diaby double and Crawford.
Chase Outlaw
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:44 pm

Chase Outlaw wrote:Entertaining 3-3 draw Diaby double and Crawford.

You lost me at "entertaining".
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Steven MacReedy » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:23 pm

Dungdee to win 4-1.
Clueless Canning to go 3 at the back and get found out for the umpteenth time.
Steven MacReedy
Pub League

Postby judgeflash » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:11 am

The next goal we concede from a cross I fear I'm gonna jump the barrier and start defending myfuckingself.
If this match is anything like the last few, I'm gonna have to take a break from live games, for my sanity. We are stuck with Canning, the only way they're gonna notice a difference is when the numbers get so low, they can't afford to invest in all their community 'projects' .
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:55 am

6-4-0 and a sneak win for Les and Ronny to come out and tell the fans they they were correct and canning is the only man for the job!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:02 pm

I think if you start anticipating your anger after a win there is something amiss.

Some horrendous performances and bad results but we are still top of the 3 horse race at the bottom albeit if ICTs slump continues they could join us.

A first win at home for yonks could be huge if our opponents lose but a defeat with them winning would be painful. But I suppose that is what this part of the season is all about. Maybe defeats for everyone is the best we can anticipate?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:55 pm

Canning going for risks again with his selection, which I have no idea how it will set up. 3 centre backs and 2 strikers in the team :?:

1 McGovern 2 Gordon 4 Devlin 7 Imrie 11 Crawford 14 Morris 18 MacKinnon 20 Brophy 21 Docherty 24 Garcia Tena 44 Tagliapietra

I can understand not wanting Stewart up against Kurakins; but I fail to see how it takes this long in a season to identify the passenger that Kurakins is.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:07 pm

I really don't know what he's done. Utterly bizarre selection. If it's Jesus up against Stewart, then we're in for a long afternoon.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:21 pm

Excellent result. We played well for 45 minutes and were solid for the other 45. McGovern really didn't have much to do, but we defended well, nonetheless.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:38 pm

Well the weird selection worked today, well for 45 mins at least.

Ali and Daz were outstanding and kept McGowan and Stewart quiet; the rest of the team at least competed and worked very hard throughout. I felt we should have packed the midfield a bit more, far before we eventually did but ultimately MC took a huge risk and it worked against a team assembled at great expense.

Diaby came on and looked as poor as ever, and Gregg could do with upping his game and stop bottling out of tackles and challenges.

Huge 3 points, which just about takes us away from auto relegation but Killie's result (and better performances) mean the fight is still on.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:23 pm

Much much better. First half was the best we've played in ages. If it hadn't been for bains save from Ali's header just before half time we could have been out of sight at half time. When the team went up on Twitter I thought it was crazy with no recognised left back, although I'm no fan of kurakins, but it worked really well with dougie in there. Imo he was lucky to stay on the park when he went through the Dundee boy on the half way line.
Morris made a big difference today, he held the ball up really well and with a partner to play off seemed so much more full of confidence. Ali too, took his goal really well and grew in confidence playing some of the balls we know he's capable of. No real failures at all today, the defence did well. All the midfield did their job well. Daz too, had a good game breaking up lots of their attacks and Greg continues to impress. He's got great passion and continually tries to drive players on.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Tumbleweed » Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:35 pm

Credit where credit is due, today was actually quite enjoyable and the effort and determination shown by the players is what has so often been missing this season.
Mackinnon rummelled Stewart up to the point of distraction and he was as poor as I've seen him against us. I've not thought much of Doherty and Brophy but both did well today and Morris was very good too.
More please.
Tumbleweed
Pub League

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:44 pm

Perhaps the best feature of a good day was Crawford scoring (and nearly getting a second).

The confidence boost that should represent could be vital. If Crawford plays, Accies play, and if Crawford plays to his best post-split, I have no fears for the run-in.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Return to The Accies