Scunnered

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Scunnered

Postby Tumbleweed » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:27 am

I've watched a lot of rubbish over the years - home, away, away when we're at home and even preseason friendlies down south, but at the moment I'm completely and utterly scunnered with watching incompetent, half hearted imposters filling lineups to follow even less realistic tactics - at the moment we are a joke and going down or staying up will make little difference to the shite we are expected to accept without comment every week.
Can't remember enjoying more than one or two games this season despite going everywhere apart from today, for family reasons, and Celtic Park for the 8-1 game, when a blind man without his guide dog could see we were going to get humiliated.
There is little reason for optimism, whether we go to games or not matters little to the custodians of our club and our manager is embarrassingly inept. And our youth production line is broken. Or stuck. Or the emperor's new clothes as I have long suspected.
This forum only offers one extreme or the other and generally isn't worth reading most of the time.
All in all, it's really depressing and for the first time in 35 years I am seriously thinking of chucking it.
It's very seldom worth the hassle and while I acknowledge the input Les and Ronnie have given, I can honestly say the pish that comes from the club is so dishearteningly puerile that they must laugh at each and every one of the diehards who go unfailingly to the vast majority of games.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Tumbleweed
Pub League

Re: Scunnered

Postby glasgow accie » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:41 am

Well said mate.....think you put into,words how a lot of the fans feel........my family constantly ask me why I bother putting myself through it every week...... :(

However I'll still be there on Saturday :lol:
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby AlMac » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:13 pm

A good summary of how many are feeling..........
AlMac
Seaside Leagues

Postby Chase Outlaw » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:37 pm

Just as well the £1.5m+ transfer fees were not invested in the youth set up as told to the press as it has well and truly stalled.
Chase Outlaw
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:51 pm

I can absolutely understand the significant frustrations.

Can't understand not wanting to support the team.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby 90mins+ET » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:33 pm

I agree that it has been a frustrating season but I wont stop going just because the team is under performing. You've got to take the rough with the smooth thats what being a supporter is all about. I can only hope we get that elusive home win against Dundee this Saturday.
90mins+ET
Pub League

Postby Yummy Fur » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:31 pm

Tumbleweed wrote:And our youth production line is broken. Or stuck. Or the emperor's new clothes as I have long suspected.

U20s are 2nd in their league and U17s have been top of their league all season and have been scoring goals for fun recently so maybe not a production line but clear signs that Accies are still developing promising players.

I don't watch the U20s so I'm not in a position to judge so maybe they just aren't ready yet but it does look to me that amongst his other faults that Canning has no clear plan how to develop our young players. It's probably only a minor gripe compared to the other pieces of bizarre decision making by Canning on Sunday but with ten minutes left, the game gone and 80 minutes of zero pace and energy we bring on Kurtaj who for the last 7 or 8 weeks has been the very definition of slow and lethargic while ignoring the chance to give Steven Boyd a run out who from all accounts has been a stand-out most weeks for the U20s.

Would giving Ben Reilly a game rather than playing Docherty out of position been an option? At 17 it would of been a risk playing Ross Cunningham (another player who seems to be a stand-out for the U20s most weeks) but any more of a risk than playing an unfit Augustin who had spend the week flying around the globe and who must of spent a minimal time with his new teammates before being asked to dictate the game - hung out to dry springs to mind.

In the Billy Reid era Accies used to drop a young player into the team from nowhere especially against the 2 Glasgow teams but we've now gone to the other extreme where in a team which is more than average players aren't given a chance.
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby The Bajan Bandit » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:45 pm

It was always mentioned to fans and media that every age group from youngest to first team played the same way(passing) and formation(4-5-1) so it was easy for the players to progress , it has always worked , Reid used this , Alex Neil bought in to it so why has the board let Canning destroy all those years of hard work(apparently now just the first team are negative as all the youth teams still play positive for now) by going negative and hoofball ???
The Bajan Bandit
Seaside Leagues

Postby Hooper » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:55 pm

Agree with what yummy said the lad boyd is doing well week in week out and the lad Reilly would've been a better option than docherty going by how they do at 20s they would have at least had the right hunger desire and work rate which would go a long way just now as some of our players don't even seem interested or fit enough
Hooper
Seaside Leagues

Return to The Accies