Change of managers

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Change of managers

Postby Bomber Harris » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:33 am

Ross county, Motherwell and yes Dundee Utd and Kilmarnock have all changed managers in the last year and it's seems to have worked for these clubs yet happy clappers on here seem to think Martin Canning is working. Motherwell now top six, county safe and a cup, Utd now 5 off killie and killie now 4 off Accies but happy clappers still don't think change works. This is the worst manager and Accies team I've ever seen in 25 year of supporting this club. Would love your view on this
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Re: Change of managers

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:06 am

Kilmarnock have yet to win under their new manager. They are also below us in form in terms of the last 6 or10 matches; Inverness are also below us in the last 6 games and 1 above us in the last 10. United are above us by 2 points in the last 6 games and 1 point over the last 10.

http://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.as ... e=scotland

'Worst team in 25 years', confirms your challenges in grasping reality.

Still think MC should go right enough.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby silverfox » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:08 am

What's the saying; "lies, damn lies and statistics". Whilst it is easier to garner some comfort over other teams statistics in the hope they will continue in a similar vein, we should be more concerned about our own which don't make encouraging reading; Taken from BBC news web site:
"Hamilton have scored just six goals in their last 10 matches and you have to go back to the 3-3 draw at Motherwell at the start of the year for the last time they hit more than one in any match"
silverfox
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:25 am

Well if you don't like the stats by what other measure have, for example, Killie's changes worked to date in comparison to us sticking with the manager?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby silverfox » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:45 am

It not stats as such, it is the weight and importance we give to them, and the belief the stats will be in our favour and will be the ultimate arbiter of whether we stay up or not, rather than Accies performances.

I am not sure of the relevance of using Killie's situation as an example to extrapolate what may have happened if Accies had changed manager .......who can say.

Unfortunately I have a sense that Accies will not stay up, based not on statististics, but what I see week in week out
silverfox
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:52 am

silverfox wrote:It not stats as such, it is the weight and importance we give to them, and the belief the stats will be in our favour and will be the ultimate arbiter of whether we stay up or not, rather than Accies performances.

I am not sure of the relevance of using Killie's situation as an example to extrapolate what may have happened if Accies had changed manager .......who can say.

Unfortunately I have a sense that Accies will not stay up, based not on statististics, but what I see week in week out

But a league is not just based on what we see or what Accies achieve. We could be horrendous over the next 7 games but for example 2 draws v Killie and United could be enough. Killie have not been better than us since their change and indeed we have beaten them twice. So we understand out own problems and pessimism but we perhaps struggle to understand the same feelings in out challengers.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby silverfox » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:17 pm

aG
redandwhite1874 wrote:
silverfox wrote:It not stats as such, it is the weight and importance we give to them, and the belief the stats will be in our favour and will be the ultimate arbiter of whether we stay up or not, rather than Accies performances.

But a league is not just based on what we see or what Accies achieve. We could be horrendous over the next 7 games but for example 2 draws v Killie and United could be enough. Killie have not been better than us since their change and indeed we have beaten them twice. So we understand out own problems and pessimism but we perhaps struggle to understand the same feelings in out challengers.

Whilst I understand what you are saying is possible, I think Accies should look after their own results, and therefore, the results of others will not matter.
silverfox
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:20 pm

Certainly if we take of business v Killie and United it could be safety
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:21 pm

This joke of a manager could not take care of any thing!

Canning and the BOD out
H9crx
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:03 pm

Red and white was it not you that stated that teams like
Motherwell who have a bigger budget are in the same place in the league as accies and that our signings are justified.

now you are saying that's changing manager won't make a difference.

Good one
H9crx
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:33 pm

H9crx wrote:Red and white was it not you that stated that teams like
Motherwell who have a bigger budget are in the same place in the league as accies and that our signings are justified.

now you are saying that's changing manager won't make a difference.

Good one

I said that when it was true and that was why u didn't challenge me then. Change has worked for Well but not for Killie and United so it's not the garauntee it's being made out to be
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:54 pm

Your flawed argument was Motherwell had the same standard of player as accies but they were paying lots more ££££

I think u were picked up on LM having 15 goals to CM 3.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:59 pm

H9crx wrote:Your flawed argument was Motherwell had the same standard of player as accies but they were paying lots more ££££

I think u were picked up on LM having 15 goals to CM 3.

I said they were achieving the same results from more expensive players. Feel free to Quote to the contrary and also please quote anything I said on LM
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby DC United » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:25 pm

A change of manager might not have improved results but at least it would have sent a message to the players, fans and opposition that the current shite on display every week is not acceptable. Instead Les chose to come out and say, regardless of how bad it gets, even after the Celtic park humiliation and pumping off the mighty Annan, that Canning has the safest job in Scotland. An acceptance of failure rather than trying to address the matter.

If we go down and there is no change it is likely we will struggle in the Championship and could well be in the same position next season.
DC United
Pub League

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat May 07, 2016 9:22 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:Ross county, Motherwell and yes Dundee Utd and Kilmarnock have all changed managers in the last year and it's seems to have worked for these clubs yet happy clappers on here seem to think Martin Canning is working. Motherwell now top six, county safe and a cup, Utd now 5 off killie and killie now 4 off Accies but happy clappers still don't think change works. This is the worst manager and Accies team I've ever seen in 25 year of supporting this club. Would love your view on this

Dundee Utd and Killie fans can perhaps best judge your post. The 'happy clappers' you mentioned were perhaps only those on here who always said we had a chance - an opinion that was both anchored in fact, as well as in hope!

Still perhaps 'lies, damn lies and statistics' is indeed a good point on occasions; but ultimately the stats didn't lie in this case. United never out punched us by enough and neither did Killie.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Return to The Accies