Aye ok Martin.....please leave now.

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Aye ok Martin.....please leave now.

Postby Begs.hafc » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:03 pm

While it is hard to put up an argument of any description for Canning,I think this "corrupt board"stuff is a bit strong.I also now firmly believe it is time for a change of manager but if for some reason Les etc decided to walk I would have genuine concerns for the future of our club.they are certainly not above criticism but God knows where we would be if Ronnie hadn't spent his time and money here!who else is seriously going to come in and put forward the time and money required?
Begs.hafc
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:12 pm

Begs.hafc wrote:While it is hard to put up an argument of any description for Canning,I think this "corrupt board"stuff is a bit strong.I also now firmly believe it is time for a change of manager but if for some reason Les etc decided to walk I would have genuine concerns for the future of our club.they are certainly not above criticism but God knows where we would be if Ronnie hadn't spent his time and money here!who else is seriously going to come in and put forward the time and money required?

Absolutely spot on.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:15 pm

where is the Money?

Where is the sporting integrity? Can you say that this BOD are trying to win games and stay in the league?

Do we go out and try and win cup games?
Last edited by H9crx on Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:24 pm

Begs.hafc wrote:While it is hard to put up an argument of any description for Canning,I think this "corrupt board"stuff is a bit strong.I also now firmly believe it is time for a change of manager but if for some reason Les etc decided to walk I would have genuine concerns for the future of our club.they are certainly not above criticism but God knows where we would be if Ronnie hadn't spent his time and money here!who else is seriously going to come in and put forward the time and money required?

I do agree with you but there's certainly something dodgy going on, in my opinion. However, them going could potentially see a Clyde-esque capitulation down the leagues (some will argue that's where we're going now but I don't think to that extent) and financial turmoil. I feel that they've done more right than wrong since Neil left but we are still afloat at the moment. Too bad we're sinking on the park :(
accies1874
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:34 pm

A lot of the current hostility towards the board from fans is that the fans see the same mistakes being made a la Billy Reid.Reid should have walked when in The SPL and we would have had a better chance of staying up.

As for Martin Annan/Clueless Canning,it's obvious he is being told what to say from those above.The overwhelming majority of fans-whether Happy Clappers or Section A- want change.The football is dire to watch,the results are shocking and long standing fans are being chased away despite the attempts to mask it with free tickets.

The Board seem to have a Siege mentality,a "them v us" mindset currently.Blocking fans on Twitter now I see as well.

The solution here is simple.Admit they were wrong and get a competent Manager in ASAP.The fans will support them in this and we can all pull together to climb away from the bottom 2.

The alternative is to continue with this Intransigence,heads in the sand attitude and scunner fans completely that they will be lost for many years as happened in The Watson years.

A cynic would say it is a deliberate running down of the first team to ensure we are relegated:retaining a Manager out of his depth and not giving him any funds,but only half fit untried Euro dross signings ensuring he will fail.

This is our club,the Staff,Board and Management need to learn this.As it stands they are not acting in the best interests of those who matter most.....the supporters.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Alexander the Great » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:24 am

Here we go the Watson years, I remember when etc etc !
daft donnachie is thicker than the lenses on they daft specs he wears !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby Accies73 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:55 am

Nothing wrong with being reminded of the Watson years but at least he was an Accies man and im pretty sure he wouldve got shot of Canning.
Accies73
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bomber Harris » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:24 am

Problem with our board is that Ronnie & Les have never let any outsiders in untill one day they decided to bring cowboy in. That ended in tears and a court case so it was then back to the no outsiders allowed. I think this is still the way the club is being run and why Canning was made manager. Club would rather bring in a laughing stock of a yes man puppet than a proven club manager. Untill Rm & LG start running Accies like a football club and start bringing outsiders in with no links to Accies we will continue to stumble downwards. Who's next? Imrie? then who?
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:50 am

Watson was an accies fan and wanted to see the team win (yes dodgy as hell) and every time I meat him drunk as hell. No one wanted to see the team win more than him.

Watson had ambition, not one time did he cite how small, poor and rubbish we were. He never came out and told the fans to have a reality check or lower our expectation.

Hay we won cups under him.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Begs.hafc » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:20 am

So Watson is the messiah now!?"Watson had ambition "WOW.I was at both the cup finals you're talking about,and while of course they were a great day out,are you seriously saying you would swap our success under Ronnie etc for 2 b&q cups.the mind boggles!!!
Begs.hafc
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:34 am

H9crx wrote:Watson was an accies fan and wanted to see the team win (yes dodgy as hell) and every time I meat him drunk as hell. No one wanted to see the team win more than him.

Watson had ambition, not one time did he cite how small, poor and rubbish we were. He never came out and told the fans to have a reality check or lower our expectation.

Hay we won cups under him.

Watson's nephew is revealed.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:09 am

No fan wants to hear they need a reality check or we are 'punching above our weight' . can you imagine how the players feel reading that also? Basically being told they're not good enough to beat these teams.
He cannot say it's a 'small amount of fans' either, I don't know anyone that wanted Canning as manager but as loyal fans we accepted that he could be given a chance to prove us wrong. He's treated us to 10 wins from 50 games. Including breaking our club record for most games without a win. On top of that, all the hard work Alex Neil put in to make us play an attractive style has been demolished. As a player Canning was only ever good at hoofing a sloppy long ball when playing from the back, he's passing this philosophy on apparently.
Oh...and that 'dud' Christian Nade last night scored the same amount of goals in 60 minutes than Carlton the diver Morris has all season.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Accies73 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:47 pm

Accies like to play the media when it suits them, pander to one side of the old firm and their fans. How about doing something radical and listen to the fans of Hamilton Accies. Canning Out.
Accies73
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:20 pm

Begs.hafc wrote:So Watson is the messiah now!?"Watson had ambition "WOW.I was at both the cup finals you're talking about,and while of course they were a great day out,are you seriously saying you would swap our success under Ronnie etc for 2 b&q cups.the mind boggles!!!

No what I'm saying is that we can’t always compare apples for apples.

Ronny and Les have done well for the club! This is now very much in the past. They are stale and either have given up on their toy/ experiment and letting it die slowly or are too arrogant to change things.

Look at us we are the big guns 350K for a GK , look at us we are the saviours of Hamilton Accies. Look at our Hendrie Dome. We have the best youth set up in Scotland. Come in for 10P we are the boys who will get this we diddy teams crowds up.

All in the past

What we are left with is we are the BOD we pick the team and Manager, Your are we diddy fans who need to get a reality check.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Alexander the Great » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:30 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:Problem with our board is that Ronnie & Les have never let any outsiders in untill one day they decided to bring cowboy in. That ended in tears and a court case so it was then back to the no outsiders allowed. I think this is still the way the club is being run and why Canning was made manager. Club would rather bring in a laughing stock of a yes man puppet than a proven club manager. Untill Rm & LG start running Accies like a football club and start bringing outsiders in with no links to Accies we will continue to stumble downwards. Who's next? Imrie? then who?

Get big lexi in he has some set of ootsiders ! What about Andy millen right out the door.
daft donnachie is thicker than the lenses on they daft specs he wears !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby The Bajan Bandit » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:02 pm

The managers job was untenable after the Annan game that was when it really hit home that this guy is untouchable and will be allowed to play kiddy on manager for as long as likes .
The Bajan Bandit
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:36 pm

The Bajan Bandit wrote:The managers job was untenable after the Annan game that was when it really hit home that this guy is untouchable and will be allowed to play kiddy on manager for as long as likes .

Absolutely, any other club he'd have been toast but this is Hamilton Accies where the cups don't matter.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:37 pm

Whilst most fans have come to a decision re MC; it is clear that many people cannot accept or understand that Les and the Board have another opinion.

Instead they can only grasp it if they insert an element of malice or lack of caring regarding Les; usually as part of an ongoing agenda which forgets about where he has helped bring the club to or where we started from. The post trying to revise Watson is useful as it highlights the absolute lack of perspective.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Steven MacReedy » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:42 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:Whilst most fans have come to a decision re MC; it is clear that many people cannot accept or understand that Les and the Board have another opinion.

Instead they can only grasp it if they insert an element of malice or lack of caring regarding Les; usually as part of an ongoing agenda which forgets about where he has helped bring the club to or where we started from. The post trying to revise Watson is useful as it highlights the absolute lack of perspective.

I accept that me wanting my team to win games and at least get back to playing an attractive style of football is not what the board or manager want at this time.
Due to this and the fact they would rather spend money on a sandpit and mini golf than the 1st team squad, for me means changes need to happen in the boardroom and dugout or we are going to where Clyde are.
Steven MacReedy
Pub League

Postby Steven MacReedy » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:43 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:Whilst most fans have come to a decision re MC; it is clear that many people cannot accept or understand that Les and the Board have another opinion.

I accept that me wanting my team to win games and at least get back to playing an attractive style of football is not what the board or manager want at this time.
Due to this and the fact they would rather spend money on a sandpit and mini golf than the 1st team squad, for me means changes need to happen in the boardroom and dugout or we are going to where Clyde are.
Steven MacReedy
Pub League

PreviousNext

Return to The Accies