Relegation Express

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Relegation Express

Postby H9crx » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:38 pm

Let me be Clear I will be gutted if we get relegated and take now pleasure in the state of play we have found our self in this year under Martin.

Does anyone hand on heart thing we have a chance in staying up? I think the dismal transfer activity in Jan will be the final nail in our SPFL stay.

One good striker and a sitting midfield general would have been enough but no we have Congo Chris and Dordogne Diaby the new batch of euro trash.

I hope I’m proven wrong but it’s looking like the writing is on the wall that Hibs will bend us over.
H9crx
Premiership

Re: Relegation Express

Postby Todd_is_God » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:21 pm

To be fair Hibs were just torn a new one, on their own patch, by Morton.

As much as it would be a nightmare to have to play either Hibs or Falkirk, neither are invincible.

We can avoid 11th.
Todd_is_God
Seaside Leagues

Postby Alexander the Great » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:36 pm

Gutted to see us relegated with a thread titled relegation express :roll:
daft donnachie is thicker than the lenses on they daft specs he wears !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby Stodmeister » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:41 pm

We're on the same downward spiral as Hibs were when they appointed Alex McLeish , I would have no faith in us beating any of the potential teams we could face in the play offs. We need to get some wins under our belt

It's a confidence factor and we have none.
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby Gaspode » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:59 pm

I believe we will stay up as i reckon we will collect more points than Killie and Motherwell. Motherwell have a shocking record at NDP so there is 3pts at least picked up before the split and i'd fancy us against Dundee as that game always carrys an extra bit of spice which should lift the players. We are better than Killie who were absolutely honking against us at Rugby Park and even though they have a new manager the players they have i don't think. are good enough to pick up more points than us.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby Yer Sisters Yer Maw » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:09 pm

H9crx wrote: I think the dismal transfer activity in Jan will be the final nail in our SPFL stay..

I'll bet you £100 we'll still be in the SPFL next season!?!?
Yer Sisters Yer Maw
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:29 pm

I'll bet him ten grand!

To be fair, if even Pat Nevin still doesn't get it...
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:29 pm

To answer the initial question in the thread, then yes there are many Accies fans who will think we have a chance of staying up; to say we don't ignores the table currently (and therefore the results of our rivals). What kind of chance will be subject of various different odds dependant on personal perspectives.

For me I am perhaps somewhere in the middle between pessimism and optimism. The main problem we have is current form; as over the last 10 and 15 games I think we are bottom. H9crx is right that we haven't strengthened and that could be vital but is not, for me, conclusive at this time.

I also struggle to see how 51311 is going to produce what is required and would love MC to explain why the 451 that has served the club so well (and got the points in Aug/Sep/Oct) is now not even an option; he has shown that the 5 at the back can give us something but games against 10 men (v Hearts & RC) and at home v a poor United side would tend to evidence that he has nothing else to offer and has lost confidence in himself and his player to be remotely offensive.

No home win since September is not sustainable with Well, Thistle and Dundee all coming to NDP before the split. Add in that since we went to 'park the bus' the only goals we have managed are at Celtic (almost doesn't count), 1 from perhaps a fortunate corner at Killie and 1 against 10 men at county which was ultimately in vain.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Alexander the Great » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:13 pm

our second defeat from the last 7 league games would suggest we are not certs to go down, home form has slightly improved without the win we crave. our best chance of a home win has to be the motherwell game as its looking like a three way battle to avoid the play-off spot along with well and killie.
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby Bomber Harris » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:34 pm

Can't see us staying up with clueless canning. Agree redandwhite about formation. We've been garbage for months and wish the season was over. If we go into a playoff canning would prob play for a draw in both legs. At least in his world he doesn't look at the table and everything is fine.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby silverfox » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:29 pm

Watching Accies at Ross County and the way the game panned out, the result seemed to have a certain inevitability to it, as it often does with struggling teams. I honestly believe we are way short of quality needed to remain at Premiership level, and even if by some measure of good fortune we end up in play off's, I think history is unlikely to be repeated again.

I think that some are being quite selective in viewing MC's apparent recent achievements in not loosing, as indicators that Accies will avoid the drop or the play offs. However, since the beginning of his tenure, his results have been very poor indeed and whilst we can criticise the players lack of quality, MC has done little to counter his detractors by his lack of tactical awareness, poor team selections and poor signings. He simply hasn't done enough to remain in his position, however, this being Accies, he will.
silverfox
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stodmeister » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:08 am

Games played since October

Played 18 Won 2 Drawn 6 Lost 10 Goals Scored 19 Goals Conceded 41

What makes anyone think that sort of form will keep us up?

How many team's manager survives on that form?

What was Billy Reid's record like prior to his ultimate punting?

Just wondering.
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby Alexander the Great » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:23 pm

reckon we need another ten points, but when at this point of the season has the team in 11th place got more points than games played.
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby H9crx » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:40 pm

H9crx wrote:Let me be Clear I will be gutted if we get relegated and take now pleasure in the state of play we have found our self in this year under Martin.

Does anyone hand on heart thing we have a chance in staying up? I think the dismal transfer activity in Jan will be the final nail in our SPFL stay.

One good striker and a sitting midfield general would have been enough but no we have Congo Chris and Dordogne Diaby the new batch of euro trash.

I hope I’m proven wrong but it’s looking like the writing is on the wall that Hibs will bend us over.

Outragous the above post from my self was in the i news paper today! As a email from a fan! Glad it was one that my spelling was not that bad. Not the point how bad must printed media now be to troll more then red and white for something to put I their paper.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Alexander the Great » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:42 pm

After we drew with Utd we were 15 points in front of them after two games they have played 3, but reduced this to 10 points and still have a game in hand, at the rate there going at we could be level on points come the split !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:28 pm

H9crx wrote:
H9crx wrote:Let me be Clear I will be gutted if we get relegated and take now pleasure in the state of play we have found our self in this year under Martin.

Outragous the above post from my self was in the i news paper today! As a email from a fan! Glad it was one that my spelling was not that bad. Not the point how bad must printed media now be to troll more then red and white for something to put I their paper.

A trademark mix of bad spelling/grammar, misunderstandings and nonsense :) .
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:45 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:43 pm

Choo choo
H9crx
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:43 pm

Or, out of steam now? :oops:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:35 pm

It's beginning to look like a straight fight between us and Kilmarnock for the play-off spot.

There could yet be many changes of fortunes, but there are signs that both Motherwell and Partick are starting to pull away, and although Dundee United are making a partial recovery, they remain well behind. If we win tomorrow we could still drag Motherwell back into it.

Most of us can't see any sign of a general upturn in our fortunes; we're going to be scrapping for points from here in, so we're on course to finish 10th or 11th.

At the moment, Killie look worse off than us: fewer points (just), inferior goal difference (just), tougher games coming up (just). This, more than anything else, gives us hope.

My best guess right now is we'll finish tenth. As long as we can win a couple of games after the split. Which is fine, I'd settle for that, provided there are signs we're going to go about things differently for next season. I'd prefer if Martin Canning is no longer our manager, if (and it's a big if) we can find a replacement who can sustain improvement. Whoever our manager is, I want them to instil a winning mentality, in the way Alex Neil, and in his first few seasons Billy Reid, did. I'd like to see one or two more experienced players coming in. And I'd like to see a better game plan to create more chances and score more goals.

Otherwise, we'll only be putting off relegation for a season. Given that the two teams coming up will likely be much better than Dundee United and Kilmarnock, that may well be the case anyway.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Next

Return to The Accies